Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
What I love about HP Lovecraft is that his works are essentially scooby doo in reverse.

You start out with what looks like simple crime and then it turns out to be a civilization shattering conspiracy at the hands of world devouring alien gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Baronjutter posted:

I've heard there's some great lovecraft audio books with good voice acting, can anyone point me towards them? It seems like a lot of his stories would be fantastic to listen to more like a radio drama maybe even with music/sounds.

Most of the longer ones have professional versions.

At the Mountains of Madness
Herbert West, Re-Animator
The Call of Cthulhu
The Dunwich Horror
The Horror at Red Hook
The Shadow Over Innsmouth

An important part of Lovecafts work is powerlessness.

That no matter how much you struggle you are just an insect compared to the vast power of the dark ones.

It's none of this "resist the dark ones influence" You can resist all you like but the dark ones can break your mind and bend you to their will with nothing more than a thought. And the only reason that your entire world and everything in it still exists is because they haven't glanced in your direction yet. But they will.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 25, 2014

• Locked thread