Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chonz
Jan 4, 2015
I don't think he's scary in a modern way, but he was crazy creative for his time. I think that was what was so mind-blowing about his work, and it still holds up today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chonz
Jan 4, 2015
Are all of Lovecraft's writings considered in the public domain yet?

chonz
Jan 4, 2015

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Good question. I'd like to know that too. For a while there was a copyright struggle over the unpublished stories but as stuff seems to be appearing under a variety of imprints, does that mean the copyright issues have been settled?

Here is a link to a discussion of the matter but I wonder what the current actual status is...

http://lovecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Copyright_status_of_works_by_H._P._Lovecraft

Yikes, figures the rights in the USA are all messed up. So, it looks like it's all good in the EU though. I'd love to see someone compile a definitive set of books with everything he's ever done. I know there are compilations out there that claim to be complete, but if you look into it, you'll see it lacks letters (where a lot of interesting mythos information is talked about) or memoirs and the like.

What I'd really like to see is someone compile all of Clark Ashton Smith's Zothique and Hyperborea cycles together again. I know it was done in the past by Necronomicon Press, but it's out of print and way too expensive for me to buy.

chonz
Jan 4, 2015

AFewBricksShy posted:

If anyone has a kindle or a nook, or even a kindle app for an ipad or something, you can download this:
http://arkhamarchivist.com/free-complete-lovecraft-ebook-nook-kindle/

Which is a free collection of what it says is the complete works.

thank you! :tipshat:

• Locked thread