Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Here's a query for you. I have read a fair bit but want to get a complete(ish) edition. Any recommendations among these?

Barnes & Noble, eye-scorcher of a cover (leather? surely leatherette?), claims to be complete:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/H-P-Lovecra...plete+lovecraft

I have this one, and as long as you have the 2011 printing pictured in your link (which has a different appearance to the first one and so is easy to spot), you're good. The original release of this one is full of typos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Croisquessein posted:

Was Lovecraft misogynistic?

I would think it depends on how you frame the question. There's active misogyny, which is "upon careful consideration, I am now taking the active stance that women are worthless", and the more common sort of passive misogyny, which is "of course I don't have anything against women", followed by not really giving them any sort of consideration when it comes time to consider roles and positions in society, etc. The latter is much more common, especially in the 1930s. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the latter, but then again so were most of the people on the planet.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
There was an earlier one of these, which I own. I wonder if this is a reprint, or if I can start a blasphemously batrachian library for toddlers.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

silvergoose posted:

Dunno, do you remember any of the pages? I posted a few, I could go dig it out of wherever my toddler stashed it and write a few more if you want.

(K is for K'N-Yan. "Is it hot down here, or am I crazy?")

Now that I'm home I can check. It's this one:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/zmg9005.html

So yeah, there's (at least) two of these things. Apparently the author redid it in 2013 via kickstarter.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Interesting article on the history of Arkham House, the publishers who kept HPL's work alive after his death:

https://www.lwcurrey.com/arkham-house-archive.php

Awesome, thank you. I wonder if I can find $415,000 in my sofa cushions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Baronjutter posted:

I've been reading "dreams of terror and death" and it's just a bunch of little 2-10 page stories. It's like watching a lovecraft skit show.

That was my introduction to him. I love The Quest of Iranon

• Locked thread