Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

I hope this doesn't come off as intrusive but I have a project that I think would be of interest to this thread.

https://www.bookofstarrywisdom.com

Being a lifelong Lovecraft fan, I've always wanted to see his stories given a treatment like the forbidden tomes he described.The heart of the book are those three stories, Dagon, The Call of Cthulhu, and The Shadow Over Innsmouth. Fully illustrated and bound in a hardcover, faux-leather cover edition accompanied by essays that relate to the original stories. This is a book that will spark unsettling conversation on a coffee table or amongst the moldering tomes of a forbidden library. I chose my contributing essayists carefully, to provide diverse and interesting new viewpoints on the source material stories. I think they all succeeded admirably in creating entries that gently blur the line between fact and fiction, as if Lovecraft's works were not just stories.

I've been working on this for quite a while and my Kickstarter is chugging along nicely. I had the pleasure of promoting it at the Lovecraft Film Festival in Portland, Oregon, earlier this month and received a great response. Incidentally, the Fest is a tremendously fun event and I highly recommend attending if you ever get the chance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

It's fine by me, as a thread-lurker.

I like the leather-bound cover, and I like the illustrations, and I really like the hand-sculpted design. But to be honest I don't care for the word "wisdom" in a Lovecraftian context. I'd prefer something like starry "Secrets" or "Madness". There's no wisdom to be found if you delve too deep into forgotten lore.

I actually drew the title directly from the The Haunter in the Dark. :)

http://lovecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Church_of_Starry_Wisdom

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

Mad Hamish posted:

I think it's pretty cool and I would buy one!

Thank you! Goons who back should send me a message. I'll throw in a little something goony with your copy...

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

Mad Hamish posted:

If I can ask, why did you go with Starry Wisdom? If its specific to the Cthulhu stories I almost think the Rl'yeh Texts would make more sense?

It felt evocative of "The Stars Coming Right" and the prevalence of Cthulhu's name across Mythos cults and texts as referenced by Lovecraft. If I do a Nyarlathotep themed collection in the future I will probably kick myself for this, though. ;)

• Locked thread