Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

As there was some discussion on Lovecraft's attitude towards women in the recent past, I figure now's as good a time as any to post this.

Dark Regions Press has started an IndieGoGo campaign for Dreams from the Witch House: Female Voices of Lovecraftian Horror. DRP anthologies have always been top-notch (in terms of both contents and construction) in my experience, so I expect this will be a great read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Dienes posted:

They made their goal and you can pre-order the book now. All female authors, all the stories with prominent female characters. Should be awesome!

That's a different book.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Lovecraft is out as the face of the World Fantasy Award.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I don't really know what to say to anyone that doesn't support changing the look of the award. There's no good argument in favor of handing authors of color an award that is modeled after a person that would view them as subhuman.

It was also weird to model the World Fantasy Award after a man that is almost entirely associated with a different genre. If the powers that be HAD to model it after a deceased pulp-era author, Clark Ashton Smith or Robert E. Howard were much more logical choices (though Howard also has some racist baggage).

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Your dad seems awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I think I'm going to order this for my nephew.

• Locked thread