Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Chaeden posted:

As for loot.......I know I have a problem. I played fallout 4 and went to the grocery store that has bandits in it. I cleared it out of people then went back to town over 10 times selling EVERY SINGLE TIN CAN. I sold everything of value in the first 3 trips. Then filled my inventory with things that sold for 1 cap over and over until I couldn't find anything else in the area. I MUST LOOT.

Fear not, my sweet summer child. Embrace the path of the loot craving psychotic and remember the words of Gordon Gecko. "Greed is good." :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Over encumbrance is not, however. Just ask any shut-in. :burger:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Encumbrance is the bane of my existence in Skyrim and Fallout. I need all of those pelts, damnit! And ores! And like every single weapon I can find because I can sell them all later.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

T1g4h posted:

Encumbrance is the bane of my existence in Skyrim and Fallout. I need all of those pelts, damnit! And ores! And like every single weapon I can find because I can sell them all later.

Excuse me, excuse me, selling weapons and armour is highly frowned upon, you must keep one of every weapon and armour piece, only then can you start selling.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Excuse me, excuse me, selling weapons and armour is highly frowned upon, you must keep one of every weapon and armour piece, only then can you start selling.

Yeah, I kind of wish more games did like Assassins Creed II with the whole "if you get a new piece of armor or weapon, it's unlocked at your home base and you can go switch to it whenever you want".
That's nice, because I'm a compulsive hoarder in video games.
It's why I can't enjoy Elder Scrolls or Fallout games. :(

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
The reason I can't enjoy them is because of glitches that make things you store disappear. I was trying to collect every book in skyrim and my shelf emptied itself..... Same thing happened to my garden gnome collection in fallout that I placed strategically around my house to look like as much of a psycho as possible. Entered the house one day and poof everything I stored is gone.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Judge Tesla posted:

Oh believe me, I do. I get player homes with mannequins and display racks for all the uniques and super high end gear I come across, and usually keep at least one of everything else in certain chests.

One of the best New Vegas mods (that was never finished and was really buggy, unfortunately) redesigned the Lucky 38 with massive display racks for every vanilla weapon, so you could show off your walls of guns. Mods that let me display my gear collections are great :3:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:New Video Day?:ducksiren::siren:

Chapter ??: Corrupted File

So, as you may have guessed, "a thing" happened and the recording scheduled for today corrupted.
The bad news is that it was the first half of the Captain Scarlett's Pirate Booty DLC and we have no characters in the level range for that at the moment.
The good news is that we still recorded a video for you guys, it's just a bit... different. Still fun though! :shepface:

Friday will be back to BL2. Sorry for the confusion. :sugartits:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Fun Fact #5678: Captain Scarlett's VA is Colleen Clinkenbeard, who voices Lilith and Luffy in the English dub of One Piece, so yeah, she's pretty used to being a Pirate Captain.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Also, Scarlett is one of the most likeable NPCs in the entire game, and that's despite trying to kill you and then... disappearing entirely or something I guess.

On the other hand, Shade is one of the creepiest characters in this game, and that's saying a lot.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You can punch Shade in the face in Tales from the Borderlands and he's even creepier in that since he's fully animated.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

I contend that the only decent human being in the entire Borderlands series is TK Baha. :colbert:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dooky Dingo posted:

I contend that the only decent human being in the entire Borderlands series is TK Baha. :colbert:

The guy who literally poo poo his pants is the nicest character on Pandora, which says a lot about the place.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:

Chapter 13: Scarlett's pirate :butt: (part 2)

"But Dingo", you may say, "What about part 1?!"
To that I say: ":vd:"

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Man, I forgot how gorgeous some of the areas in the DLC could be. Hayter's Folly is a legitimately pretty level.

e: Also, damnit Jotsam has a Vladof sniper yet never actually uses it fully auto :negative:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 7, 2015

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Herbert is probably the creepiest character in the game, an insane stalker who has dozens of pictures of Scarlett, in various poses, stuffed toys of her, recordings of her snoring and also pieces of her underwear.
Knowing Gearbox, he probably represents the part of the fanbase who wants to see the female cast naked or something. :v:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Knowing Gearbox, he probably represents the part of the fanbase who wants to see the female cast naked or something. :v:

That's not really fair when Gearbox has gone out of their way to over-sexualize nearly all of the female characters in the game. On the flip side, however, they really go out of their way to over-sexualize a lot of the male characters in the game too. If you think about it, nearly all of the male trope characters are represented. "Tall Dark & Handsome", "Soldier with a heart of gold", "Stupid Beefcake", "bad boy", "super skinny rocker guy", "animal lover", "rich and classy psychopath" (Like 50 shades :v:) They are all represented.
Tannis even mentions Rolands well-defined pectoral muscles...
When EVERYONE is treated with equal sexism, NO ONE IS! :eng101:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Judge Tesla posted:

Herbert is probably the creepiest character in the game, an insane stalker who has dozens of pictures of Scarlett, in various poses, stuffed toys of her, recordings of her snoring and also pieces of her underwear.

I think Gearbox just likes the obsessed stalker gag. There's Nakayama (for Jack), and even the Atlas Lilith shrine easter egg in the first game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dooky Dingo posted:

That's not really fair when Gearbox has gone out of their way to over-sexualize nearly all of the female characters in the game. On the flip side, however, they really go out of their way to over-sexualize a lot of the male characters in the game too. If you think about it, nearly all of the male trope characters are represented. "Tall Dark & Handsome", "Soldier with a heart of gold", "Stupid Beefcake", "bad boy", "super skinny rocker guy", "animal lover", "rich and classy psychopath" (Like 50 shades :v:) They are all represented.
Tannis even mentions Rolands well-defined pectoral muscles...
When EVERYONE is treated with equal sexism, NO ONE IS! :eng101:

I think one of the few female NPC's not to be sexualized is probably Tannis but she's also bonkers (and has Aspergers according to quest dialogue :v:), there's Ellie too but being Moxxi's daughter makes that one kinda difficult, especially with a certain quest in Tina's DLC!

Ellie wearing Princess Leia's slave outfit from Return of the Jedi anyone?

Though she does loudly complain if you make her wear it.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

I think one of the few female NPC's not to be sexualized is probably Tannis

Counterpoint: One of Tannis' dialogues is literally her inviting you into her bed, regardless of your gender.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Dooky Dingo posted:

Counterpoint: One of Tannis' dialogues is literally her inviting you into her bed, regardless of your gender.

The fact that a character mentions sex doesn't immediately mean they've been sexualised.
She frames it as a biological need and - if I remember - her tone of voice is the same as usual. It's just something she's gotta do.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I just took that line as Tannis being wacky again, she does like Roland though, just every other loving NPC, even Marcus shed a tear when he died, Marcus, the world's most dangerous shopkeeper and Scrooge!

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

I just took that line as Tannis being wacky again, she does like Roland though, just every other loving NPC, even Marcus shed a tear when he died, Marcus, the world's most dangerous shopkeeper and Scrooge!

Look, she's just still emotionally damaged from what Jack did to Phillipe, alright? :rip:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Episode 14: A fistful of booty

Hey guys, today we get even more of that sweet, sweet pirate :butt:.
Enjoy.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I do wonder if you guys will be fighting Hyperius the Invincible eventually and his gigantic nova aoe that deals massive damage to everyone, at least Master Gee is slightly less impossible.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I soloed Hyperius with my Psycho once. By the end I was just mashing the "use ability" and "swing axe" buttons and wailing on his crotch.

It wasn't really worth it.

Darrark
Feb 5, 2015
I haven't fought Hyperius, simply because I could tell without even going to him that he'd be impossible to solo at level 28 (enjoying my first PC playthrough with the Mechromancer and DLC for the first time). Personally I think that if they take on Hyperius they should wait. It'll make the later return to boats all the sweeter ;P

Also, I exist on the forums now!

Edit(Side note, I may have to invest in a picture change :/)

Darrark fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 13, 2015

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

None of the raid bosses are really worth fighting, Pyro Pete is probably the easiest one of the bunch to solo but even then none of them drop anything amazing, apart from a brand new currency which you can trade in for guns and such, which is more trouble than it's usually worth.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

which is more trouble than it's usually worth.

Well, except for the achievements, right?
Sweet, SWEET achievements... :shepicide:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

When I did the raid bosses, we had a Gunzerker use the Evil Smasher glitch (RIP) to blow them away in seconds, when that glitch was eventually removed, so too was my enthusiasm for fighting them.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

I'm not familiar with that one.
Care to elucidate?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Evil_Smasher/Glitch

This explains it in far better detail than I ever could, but the gist of it is, you could one shot raid bosses if done correctly.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:New Video Day!:ducksiren::siren:

Chapter 15: The curious case of the unending DLC

So, yeah. This DLC is going on a lot longer than we imagined it would...

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yup, Scarlett's DLC is one of the longer ones released, Torgue and Hammerlocks are much shorter, Tina Tina's is probably the biggest but it has the best content and serves as a nice conclusion to the main storyline.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Episode 16: Pirate and Pervert-palooza!

Sorry for the delay, grad school and work are slowly killing us. :shepicide:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Unfortunately you are now rapidly approaching the worst part of the DLC, the goddamn Leviathon, he's the worst boss ever, is totally unfun to fight and drags the whole thing down to hell, the rewards after him barely make up for it as well.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla, I'm starting to think you're the only one left in the thread...

Intermission 1: Isolated incident

:frogsiren:AUDIO IS SUPER LOUD AT THE BEGINNING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:frogsiren:

Well, goons, due to some scheduling shenanigans and, again, a horrible work/life/school balance, we don't have a BL2 today.
Instead, Bulldog wanted to try something a little... different.

Enjoy?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'll probably overtake you guys when Borderlands 2 hits PS4 next month, I've more more than 13 days of gametime into the game, and look forward to wasting more of my life playing a game I've played to death already! :saddowns:

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I'm still here. Just not saying much. This dlc is the only one I fully finished solo....maybe I did the torgue one all the way but I know I went through all of this. I tried to do the tiny tina one and while I liked the ideas of it better I really just couldn't enjoy doing it solo. I also do to various real life event have unfortunately fallen behind level wise on my Psycho(and I'm not sure I want to try the pirate dlc solo as a psycho at that level to catch up.) so all I have is my rather over leveled Zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I think everybody is just waiting on either Torgue or Dragon Keep at this point, at least i know i am :v:

• Locked thread