Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah there's not really much to discuss about Borderlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I'm still here, just echoing Chaeden's sentiment of not having much to say. The videos are awesome as ever, definitely looking forward to the Torgue DLC though :v:

Johnny Amadeus
Apr 1, 2011

No, El Dorado.
In the interest of sparking conversation, might I ask if anyone has any favorite/interesting Gunzerker builds? I played as Salvador the whole time and really enjoyed his personality, but never quite felt like I was playing him right. I spent too much time aiming.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
I tried gunzerker for a while, but I just couldn't get into it.
Like you, I prefer aiming, which seems to be the antithesis of gunzerker/mech
Also, I am a compulsive hoarder for ammo. I get literally anxious at the thought of running low on ammo, which explains my extreme OCD for opening all crates.
Honestly, it sounds like you would rather play a commando.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I never played as Sal much, I'll give him a proper whirl next month but I was mostly a Maya/Gaige player, Maya for the elemental effects and Phaselocking, which is the tops, and Gaige for Anachy/Deathtrap.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I usually wait until the weekend and watch both videos at once.
Also, I've never played Borderlands so I have nothing to say.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Like Jotsam, my parents left me at a yard sale this past weekend so I just barely got back and am able to post now.

Johnny Amadeus
Apr 1, 2011

No, El Dorado.

Dooky Dingo posted:

I tried gunzerker for a while, but I just couldn't get into it.
Like you, I prefer aiming, which seems to be the antithesis of gunzerker/mech
Also, I am a compulsive hoarder for ammo. I get literally anxious at the thought of running low on ammo, which explains my extreme OCD for opening all crates.
Honestly, it sounds like you would rather play a commando.

Yeah, the ammo is a huge problem if you're spraying all over the place...that and you never kill anything. Then in three minutes you're trudging back to the vending machine. I did put serious thought into playing commando, and also playing Axton. I just had a friend who was playing him, so I figured that if we ever teamed up, it would be sorta redundant. Plus, I just like Sal's attitude. I've always been a character over playstyle kind of guy. Best part of the game hands down was getting that voice modulator that makes you sound like Handsome Jack and hearing him try to emulate that accent. "Double the Goddamn fun" was never quite so true as in that case.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Isn't Gunzerker the class that relies on weapons/gear more than all the others? Since your whole power is suppose to be getting the effects from 2 guns at once.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Give Sal one of Moxxi's guns, usually Grog Nozzle or Rubi and he's unstoppable, people also sometimes pair this with the Infinity Handgun, named because that's how long you'll spend farming for it.

Johnny Amadeus
Apr 1, 2011

No, El Dorado.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Isn't Gunzerker the class that relies on weapons/gear more than all the others? Since your whole power is suppose to be getting the effects from 2 guns at once.

Don't know if it's true, but that sure is how it felt. When your guns all seem less powerful than they should be, having two just doesn't feel like a benefit anymore.

Judge Tesla posted:

Give Sal one of Moxxi's guns, usually Grog Nozzle or Rubi and he's unstoppable, people also sometimes pair this with the Infinity Handgun, named because that's how long you'll spend farming for it.

Yeah, the abysmal (at least they felt like it to me) drop rates were the final straw for me in this game. I think the game itself in a loading screen or something even tells you, "Hey, go farm bosses for really cool weapons!" I felt stuck so I just went back and started going through the bosses over and over again for what seemed like a week, and when not one of them dropped anything special, I felt like I was treading water and just moved on to another game.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The lovely drop rates are why I am not the slightest bit ashamed to use Cheat Engine to adjust them whenever I play. The PC thread in the Games forum even has a Cheat Engine script in the OP so you can make them more like Borderlands 1 drop rates, which is something I can't recommend enough.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Nothing like farming The Warrior for weeks for Conference Call only for him to drop a useless non elemental version of it. :arghfist:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

So, uh.... Yeah.
School, work, etc.
Life is hard.
Have a video!

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:

Intermission 2: GET MONEY! GET MONEY!

Yup. Enjoy.

(I swear this will start back up for real soon...)

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Best update title, hands down. :swoon:

Payday 2 is pretty cool. Only ever have watched it, but if you guys need to do filler I'd be down for watching more sessions.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Enjoying the downtime but I would like to see the main LP come back too.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I wouldn't mind more Payday 2 as a side project. Looks interesting.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:New Video Day!:ducksiren::siren:

Chapter 17: some boat stuff

Sorry for the delay, but back to BL2!
We are rapidly approaching the end of this DLC!
Hooray! :sugartits:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Brokerlands is going to be extra DLC where you can play the real estate market of Pandora. :10bux:

I like how Jotsam derives nothing but absolute joy from running things and people over. :allears:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Episode 18: So long and thanks for all the booty!

It's... It's over.... It's FINALLY over! Praise Zipthar! :worship:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You know, the Pistol Scarlett drops is one of two Jacobs weapons that has an elemental effect, this one being fire, and it is rather a good weapon.

EDIT: Actually I just remembered, you originally were going to kill Scarlett and Roscoe would have been a raid boss but this was all cut out, so Scarlett just teleports away and you get two random dudes, Hyperious and Master Gee as raid bosses instead.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 6, 2015

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Yeah, it bugged the poo poo out of me when I played this that Scarlett just sort of... disappears.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You fellas also wondered if the Leviathon had bugged out towards the end, I'm afraid to say he's been like that since Day 1, I believe it's related to how many Sandworm Queens you kill for him to expose his tongue for the last weak spot, otherwise he will sit there forever looking like he's glitched out.

Don't expect Torgue's DLC to have a better final boss as it's even worse and almost impossible solo without cheesing it.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO(s) DAY!:ducksiren::siren:

So, there was a bit of a mixup, so enjoy the double video bonanza.
Hooray? :confuoot:

Episode 19: In search of Sanctuary
Episode 20: The Great Train Heist

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rats are the worst enemy type, they leap around like crazy and can steal money and dropped loot from you and if you don't kill them before they escape, then it's gone forever!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Even worse when you have a poo poo ton of money and they can end up stealing several MILLION away from you at a time if you have that much to lose! It's a scarier feeling than any kind of horror can can give you.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:(a) VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:

Intermission 3: Not so isolated.

Today, we avoid being murdered by janitors. Most of the time.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:(another) VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:

Intermission 4: Orion: Prelude: The Game: The video

No, it doesn't say "Onion", that would have been a much different and more interesting game. :colbert:

fake edit: may need to wait a few minutes for higher quality to load.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So are you fine fellows going to be LPing the Pre Sequel eventually, and if so, will you all be playing as Claptrap so you can set new records for levels of annoyance in gaming.

Also, Orion has the loudest guns I've ever heard since Turok on the N64 and the Nuclear Warhead gun which would deafen both the dinosaurs and you.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 24, 2015

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

So are you fine fellows going to be LPing the Pre Sequel eventually, and if so, will you all be playing as Claptrap so you can set new records for levels of annoyance in gaming.

Probably not anytime soon as none of us own it or are willing to shell out those hard earned Beagle Fun Bucks (tm).

Episode 21: Clan War

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Dooky Dingo posted:

Probably not anytime soon as none of us own it or are willing to shell out those hard earned Beagle Fun Bucks (tm).

Episode 21: Clan War

I've been listening to most of these, and this is my favorite so far.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Intermission 5: Only half a life

So, I have pneumonia. Hooray!
Enjoy the video.
I'm going to go lie down...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Episodes 19 and 20 are labeled 19 pt 1 and 19 pt 2 on your youtube channel for some reason.

Also, 21 follows the pattern by being episode 20 so I think you might've misnumbered them on here.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Episodes 19 and 20 are labeled 19 pt 1 and 19 pt 2 on your youtube channel for some reason.

Also, 21 follows the pattern by being episode 20 so I think you might've misnumbered them on here.
No, Kreslev wasn't consistent when he numbered them on Youtube, but I will be because I HAVE CONVICTION. :ssj:

Should I be happy or worried that the only thing people can find to talk about the videos is the naming convention? :tinfoil:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Hey, so... Here's a sneak peek at tomorrow's video...

Open image in new tab :ssh:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:New Video Day!:ducksiren::siren:
Intermission 6: The 69 boat

So, the good news is that I don't have pneumonia.
The bad news is that I have pretty much everything else, hence the reason why I'm not really involved in the past couple of videos and I sound like death when I DO talk. :gibs:
We should be back on schedule next week, just stick with us.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I have to wonder if Valve ever get around to releasing Half Life 3 we'll end up with a Duke Nukem Forever situation where the game plays and feels horribly outdated by virtue of the sheer length it spent in development.

Duke's time had come and gone, Serious Sam was basically better in every single way and it didn't piss everyone off with outdated humour or other things, I only hope Valve don't fall into this trap and Half Life 3 ends up past its sell by date before release when it comes out in 2060.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Episode 22: Caustic Cake

Today, we discuss horrible steam connections, corrosive lakes and gay cakes! Yay? :confuoot:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
The episode in which Dingo accidentally reveals he has a fetish for sniffing librarians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Soop posted:

The episode in which Dingo accidentally reveals he has a fetish for sniffing librarians.

Real talk for a second, the library in my town has this one girl who works there who is a horrible goonette and every time I go in there, she follows me around and wants to talk about Dr. Who, she uses terms like "LOL" in conversation and she keeps talking about her DnD group.
She's actually invited me twice.
She smells like old maple syrup and cats.
Even were I not already married, I still wouldn't touch that even with Soop's dick.
but he would. :ssh:

• Locked thread