Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

Real talk for a second, the library in my town has this one girl who works there who is a horrible goonette and every time I go in there, she follows me around and wants to talk about Dr. Who, she uses terms like "LOL" in conversation and she keeps talking about her DnD group.
She's actually invited me twice.
She smells like old maple syrup and cats.
Even were I not already married, I still wouldn't touch that even with Soop's dick.
but he would. :ssh:

There's so much projection going on here I feel like I'm at a movie theater. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Mr. Soop posted:

There's so much projection going on here I feel like I'm at a movie theater. :smugbert:

Living life through a video screen? Sounds just like your love life. :smugdog:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

Living life through a video screen? Sounds just like your love life. :smugdog:

Yeah, yeah. I've seen Videodrome too ya' know.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:New Video day!:ducksiren::siren:
Episode 23: Smoke threshers, get Highland

So, some bad stuff happened. (doesn't it always)
Enjoy raw footage because the edited one got deleted forever! Hooray! :krakentoot:

Also, in case any of you didn't notice, my buddy Leavemywife is doing a fantastic Chrono Trigger LP right now and you should go read it.
Here is a link

Dooky Dingo fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 18, 2015

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
The episode in which Dingo reveals he's completely illiterate.

I can see why you guys aren't exactly wild about this area. Seems like a banal area overall. Have to say that little moment between Jotsam and Technowife was pretty adorable though. :unsmith:

It's also good to know that Jotsam-sama still keeps me in his thoughts. :3:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
My favorite part about the Borderlands videos are those vertigo-inducing falls they seem to expect out of you. My stomach jumps a little every time.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

What? You thought this was dead? NOPE.

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO(s) DAY!:ducksiren::siren:
Episode 24: Exploitive Deleted
Intermission 7: A Dingo Holiday

Maybe another video coming later, idk. We'll play it by ear.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Heck yes, double update day.
:siren::ducksiren: (more) NEW VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:

So, those other videos were actually posted the last two weeks but I never got a chance to put them on here because of reasons.
This one is actually for this week and was just posted.
Enjoy, goons.

Episode 25: The back of the Fridge

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Edit: Quote is not edit, I'm a dumb.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Welcome back!

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
So glad you guys are back. I've dearly missed the antics of Grizzled Beagle.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
These were great, until I started hearing the echo. Then I got distracted by trying to figure out where it was coming from.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

^^The echo was coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!^^

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:

Episode 26: It's really more like a couple hundred cuts at MOST...

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Brick was probably the best character in Borderlands 1 and I'm glad he's back, and with the same Voice Actor as well, since Mordecai and Roland got new ones, Lilith's is still the same.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Brick was probably the best character in Borderlands 1 and I'm glad he's back, and with the same Voice Actor as well, since Mordecai and Roland got new ones, Lilith's is still the same.

Yeah, Borderlands was kind of weird about that.
In the first game, there wasn't really a story, it was mostly just loose fluff to justify going to the next area. The game was all about just shooting and looting.
When it became such a huge success, 2k basically said, "Oh, crap, we have to make another one of these... Maybe we should actually have some kind of plot or something?" and then they had to scramble to find decent VA's to fill the roles.
The plot still isn't great, but the characterization is fantastic. Everyone feels distinct and connected. The only real problem I have is that, even with the hordes of bandits, etc, that you murder, the planet still feels relatively empty. There's maybe 3 dozen people in Sanctuary, Opportunity hasn't been populated yet, most of the other cities are dead.
I'm not expecting a huge number of people, but, really? Like 200 actual humans that just keep respawning when they die? (I assume). Just seems strange.
Brick is a really good character, though, and he continues to be for the rest of the game. :black101:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

There's even less people to speak to in the Pre Sequel, 95% of the NPC's are on Concordia, most of the quest giver NPC's outside on Elpis and Helios die after giving a quest or two, or are just random bounty board dudes.

EDIT: Speaking of Voice Actors, the Bane, which is the second best talking gun in BL2, is voiced by Ashly Burch, or Tiny Tina to you.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 20, 2015

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Brick being better than Lilith? Really? I mean sure you could make Brick punch acid or whatever put it did not

Make you invulnerable

Regain your health

Move super fast

explode when it was over

Although i agree that Brick definitely grew into a better character as the series went on while Lilith...well that's Pre-sequel territory isn't it?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Well yeah, gameplay wise Lilith kicked Brick all over town, but it's just fun to play as a guy who's main ability it to get really mad and shout even louder.

As for the Pre-Sequel, that game will make you look at Moxxi and Lilith in a new light, Roland to a lesser extent.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

^^I actually didn't like Brick, gameplay wise. I just don't like melee based characters in a game about guns. He DOES have the best characterization though. Mordecai is a drunk bird lover, Lilith is a creepy weirdo, Roland is :geno:, and then we have... BRICK.^^

Episode 27: Prepare to get... TORGUED

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
My almost 5-year-old daughter loves it when you use the Bane. Please use it more often, so she can giggle at it more.

Also, Dooky, she thinks your character is a butterfly when you have your flame wings or whatever activated.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

On the one hand, that is probably one of the cutest things I've ever read in any thread on this forum. Ever. :3:
As much as the bane annoys me, it is now mandatory at least once an episode and I will make sure that Jotsam catches all the beautiful glory of my fire-butterfly avatar.

On the other hand, holy crap you let your kid watch us? :staredog:

Dooky Dingo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 27, 2015

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Dooky Dingo posted:

On the other hand, holy crap you let your kid watch us? :staredog:

As far as LP groups go, you're decently family friendly. Not much (any?) foul language, most of your political and social commentary would go right over their head. And she's seen ME play these same games, so it's not like she's seeing anything new. And I talk to her about pretend movie and video game violence, and how we don't actually hurt people like that in real life.

But I do sometimes have concerns that I'm really just a lovely parent, and have spent too long on the Internet to realize that some of the things I'm exposing my kids to are WILDLY inappropriate.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Wa11y posted:

But I do sometimes have concerns that I'm really just a lovely parent, and have spent too long on the Internet to realize that some of the things I'm exposing my kids to are WILDLY inappropriate.

No.
I have watched enough prime-time network news to know what a lovely parent looks like.
If your kid is fed, clothed, interacted with and STILL BREATHING, you are not a lovely parent.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Grizzled Beagle Productions helping to educate the next generation :3:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Oh, is this thread still open? Cool.

Episode 28: Much ado about racing

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Episode 29: Schrodinger's Rapist

So, uh... today's video is a little... different. :magical:

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to insinuate here, but I am going to choose to believe this means you agree with me.
:colbert:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Pretty heavy discussions taking place in the Torgue DLC of all places, I don't know if Mister Torgue will approve of this. :colbert:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Pretty heavy discussions taking place in the Torgue DLC of all places, I don't know if Mister Torgue will approve of this. :colbert:

TOO MANY SYLLABLES! APOLOGIZE!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Catching up on videos, so old comment. But how does anyone dislike Rudy because they don't like people losing?

Also there's a Batteries+Bulbs that opened up near me. There's also a Battery Depot about an hour north of me. I work at a home improvement store, so whenever someone can't find a battery, we send them up there.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

syzpid posted:

Catching up on videos, so old comment. But how does anyone dislike Rudy because they don't like people losing?

Also there's a Batteries+Bulbs that opened up near me. There's also a Battery Depot about an hour north of me. I work at a home improvement store, so whenever someone can't find a battery, we send them up there.
I think I might have meant Radio and gotten them confused in my head. Also, sometimes I say intentionally inflammatory things for the purposes of entertainment value. :ssh:

And those Batteries+ stores are so weird. I'm waiting for a day when I start to see very odd combinations.
Batteries + Live Iguanas
Batteries + Disappointed Grandmothers
Batteries + Social Alcoholism
Batteries + A single, emotionally unavailable, teenage mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:New Video Day!:ducksiren::siren:
Episode 30: Conflict avoidance techniques

• Locked thread