Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Doc Morbid posted:

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the boss fights in this game. Pretty much all of them seem to follow the "one huge bulletsponge guy and a clusterfuck of infinitely spawning mooks" formula, which really gets old after a while. I suppose the smaller enemies are there to let you get a second wind when the boss nukes you, but I've never cared for this style of boss fights in any game and BL2 is no exception. At least in co-op you have other people to draw some of the fire and bail you out if you get killed, single player is just annoying.

I'm not a huge fan either, there was one boss in particular in that Tiny Tina DLC where it just took for-loving-ever to kill it and my whole team exhausted most of their ammo by the end. It wasn't even really challenging it was just kind of boring after a while.

But as for the mooks, my Psycho has the skill where you get back a big chunk of health per overkill damage so it basically turns all the weaker enemies into walking blood banks. So that's nice :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

I'm pretty sure the Freindly Fire perk for Psychos overrides the Sirens healing bullets.

I tried it with a friend's Siren who was several levels higher than me and I recharged my ability in a matter of seconds due to the damage but then the shots healed me afterwards. It wasn't an instant heal but it was was quicker than most passive regeneration abilities. So basically the damage (depending on the damage output from the gun) will all get healed, it'll just take a while, and it will refill your ability.

All that's a moot point for me now because I took off the friendly fire skill in favor of focusing solely on Release the Beast. Now I don't even activate my ability unless I'm lower than 1/4th of my health. I'm sure I'd be able to RtB a lot more if FF was on, but it's really annoying to get blown up by a friend's grenade and downed quicker than I can react.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Personally the only character whose dead-eyed stare actually creeped me out in BL2 was Scooter. He has that weird, hillbilly squint and a little tiny mouth that looks like some kind of hosed up baby bird mouth. Whenever he'd talk to me and follow me with his head in the early game I got the willies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Late game spoiler territory, but...

I'm referring specifically to when she gets captured by Jack and, go figure, you have to go save her despite her apparently being some amazingly super powerful face melting magic badass? Maybe it's just me, but they make her out to be this awesome space wizard mercenary because she's a Siren, and then she ends up being taken hostage and used for ~*~evil nefarious purposes~*~ by the big baddy. Because plot.

It just felt particularly cliche to me :shrug:

Admittedly, she has her strong badass moments, but overall, it felt like she and the rest of the original Vault Hunters were made out to be complete and utter chumps in BL2. Except for Brick, because Brick is always amazing :allears:

e: I think the reason it bugs me so much is because she's shown to be capable of warping an entire floating city by focusing her powers, and they build her up into this super cool badass, and then... taken hostage by some dork in a mask. Just... goddamn Gearbox. It's not nearly as bad as Roland inexplicably getting one-shot in a world where you have shields that launch acid spikes and explode in a ball of flame when they run out, but it's still pretty cheesy. Don't hover over any of this if you care remotely about the BL2 story, by the way. All of those spoilers are blatant story ruiners.

Well, she was taken specifically because she was a Siren, to replace the Siren you killed earlier. And you don't save her so she'll fall in love with you, you do it to stop Handsome Jack's Douchey Plan and rescue an ally. She doesn't sacrifice herself or beg you to kill her, so she's not "fridged" either... I don't know, being in trouble and a woman doesn't automatically make a character a damsel.

As for why all Sirens are women and Magical Healers... that's a whole other crazy tangent.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

Right? I decided he's on my poo poo list the first time I heard him say "butt stallion".

He had me at the whole "making a woman recount a horrible experience and then shooting her in the head and making light of the fact that he just shot her in the head" bit. Up until then he was just kind of annoying dick who seemed to want me dead for some reason, possibly related to greed and dickishness.

• Locked thread