Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DFlux
Apr 25, 2008

Dooky Dingo posted:

Yeah, I'll take militant humans over soul-less killing machines any day of the week.
Which begs an interesting question: is there a GOOD option in the Universe for people to live? Or is it all just Crimson Lance and Hyperion and Atlas wars everywhere?

From what we got from Gaige's story the Good option for living is not in the Borderlands. If you live on the innerworlds where their are actual governments and places of order you do pretty alright. Its just the borderlands that are rampant poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly the biggest problem with Borderlands bosses is that at the end of the day you're just shooting dudes and its hard to design bosses that aren't bullet sponges to be whittled down when all you can do is shoot dudes. And while yeah all the classes shoot dudes in a variety of ways they're still just that; shooting dudes. There would probably be more variance in bosses if there were more variance in ways that the characters could do damage. Like, having melee characters or a caster(which could easily be done with the sirens) would help a lot for variance. Hell during the course of the game you run into enemies who weld melee weapons against you; why can't there be a melee weapon system that has the same variety as the gun system?

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
And yeah giving bosses weak points besides Shoot it in the Head would help a lot.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008

Dooky Dingo posted:

I think my major complaint about her is that she is such obvious fan-bait.
Her dialogue is written tight and interesting, she is set up as a sympathetic character who appears awesome in their own respect and she is, most importantly, entertaining.
However, the entire package just comes off a little janky to me. I guess I've just seen to much deviantart involving her to really allow me to like her as a character...

She's honestly a lot better in her DLC. Honestly the entirety of the Tiny Tina DLC is fantastic.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah there's not really much to discuss about Borderlands.

• Locked thread