Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Amadeus
Apr 1, 2011

No, El Dorado.

T1g4h posted:

Ah, yeah, fair enough then. Once you hit TVHM and UVHM you really kinda have to build for survivability and specific specs. It's a bit of a shame, because it means it's a bit harder to do really goofy stuff :(

That was one of my bigger disappointments with Borderlands 2. You go through your first playthough, everything is wild and weird and crazy and fun! Then you go back to it after you beat it and the game smacks you with a rolled up newspaper and yells, "No! Wrong!" It left me shaking my head wondering where my fun friend went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Amadeus
Apr 1, 2011

No, El Dorado.
In the interest of sparking conversation, might I ask if anyone has any favorite/interesting Gunzerker builds? I played as Salvador the whole time and really enjoyed his personality, but never quite felt like I was playing him right. I spent too much time aiming.

Johnny Amadeus
Apr 1, 2011

No, El Dorado.

Dooky Dingo posted:

I tried gunzerker for a while, but I just couldn't get into it.
Like you, I prefer aiming, which seems to be the antithesis of gunzerker/mech
Also, I am a compulsive hoarder for ammo. I get literally anxious at the thought of running low on ammo, which explains my extreme OCD for opening all crates.
Honestly, it sounds like you would rather play a commando.

Yeah, the ammo is a huge problem if you're spraying all over the place...that and you never kill anything. Then in three minutes you're trudging back to the vending machine. I did put serious thought into playing commando, and also playing Axton. I just had a friend who was playing him, so I figured that if we ever teamed up, it would be sorta redundant. Plus, I just like Sal's attitude. I've always been a character over playstyle kind of guy. Best part of the game hands down was getting that voice modulator that makes you sound like Handsome Jack and hearing him try to emulate that accent. "Double the Goddamn fun" was never quite so true as in that case.

Johnny Amadeus
Apr 1, 2011

No, El Dorado.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Isn't Gunzerker the class that relies on weapons/gear more than all the others? Since your whole power is suppose to be getting the effects from 2 guns at once.

Don't know if it's true, but that sure is how it felt. When your guns all seem less powerful than they should be, having two just doesn't feel like a benefit anymore.

Judge Tesla posted:

Give Sal one of Moxxi's guns, usually Grog Nozzle or Rubi and he's unstoppable, people also sometimes pair this with the Infinity Handgun, named because that's how long you'll spend farming for it.

Yeah, the abysmal (at least they felt like it to me) drop rates were the final straw for me in this game. I think the game itself in a loading screen or something even tells you, "Hey, go farm bosses for really cool weapons!" I felt stuck so I just went back and started going through the bosses over and over again for what seemed like a week, and when not one of them dropped anything special, I felt like I was treading water and just moved on to another game.

• Locked thread