Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Unload My Head posted:

Still? I figured Gearbox would have fixed that by now. I played quite a bit of BL2 right after release and the drop rate was atrocious. That led to everyone cheating and resulted in a flood of legendary weapons which just made the game boring.

Still, the storyline is entertaining and I really enjoy the universe they created for these games. I'm eager to see the main story again, and see the DLC that dropped after I quit the game.

I believe that they did patch the drop rate at some point, but it took far too long. Haven't tried playing it again since, so I don't know whether things work any better in practice.

The DLC is... Well, one of them is definitely worthwhile. And I suppose you might not understand who some side characters in the Pre-Sequel are without two of the others, but... Honestly, there's just the one I would recommend. Assault on Dragon Keep actually has plot relevance as a bonus to being awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Judge Tesla posted:

Of course, your enjoyment of Dragon's Keep is based upon of how much you like Tiny Tina as a character.

That's very true. Of course, I'm the kind of strange human being who thinks Tina's great and that Claptrap ought to be treated much better than he is, so YMMV.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Dooky Dingo posted:

But wasn't Jack horribly disfigured in an accident, which is why he has to wear the mask, possibly leading to a life where he feels he has to be terrible/sociopathic in order to create a reality where stuff like that doesn't happen any more?

Well, you know that Pre-Sequel game? It'll explain a whole lot about why Jack is the way he is. And sure, let's call it an accident. Spoilers for the more recent game, including its ending: Lilith and Roland are involved in helping Jack completely lose his poo poo. Especially when Lilith's the one who brands a vault symbol into his face with her fist.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 13, 2015

• Locked thread