Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I remember playing BL1 straight through with my brother. Over 3 days, we only ever paused to eat and go to school, but then we hit the ending. Good lord that was disappointing. I don't know what Gearbox was thinking, but horrible tentacles monster that can't hurt you if you stand in the right spot and drops poo poo loot after being promised the best gear in the game is so discouraging. I never played that game again
This LP definitely reminds me of why I marathoned the first one. Good job guys

In fact, I still haven't beaten BL2 because of that first ending. I have a level 36 siren on 360 who is a couple missions away from the warrior fight, but I really don't want to walk away feeling salty as gently caress again. We'll see at the end of this if the ending is worth playing through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Dahl snipers aren't awful accuracy wise, the only problems I have with them is that they burn through my extremely limited ammo supply and shoot slow when I would want a burst fire weapon, like when someone rushes me and I don't have the time or room to aim down the sights before getting cornholed. Thanks to Dahl magicks I am now plinking away at the badass psycho instead of dropping in the 2-5 round burst that I'm used to

That same idea is why I almost always have a Hyperion shotgun on me. If I'm down or someone is close enough to make me panic, I can blast away and always hit with close range shotgun damage instead blind firing my sniper and missing a guy 10 feet away

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

My first run through unfortunately saw that Maya wasn't as hilariously overpowered as Lilith, but I ran her phaselock tree as a sniper, so was some sort of insane glass cannon. I would sprint up with my Jacobs, phase lock and keep headshotting until it bounced to another enemy. That's the main reason I had the love for hyperion shotguns, because I would down all the time and my target wasn't going anywhere

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Mr. Soop posted:

Since Jotsam seems to have so much trouble understanding memes, I think I know a fine young gentleman who would be more than happy to educate him.

Oh god no :shepicide:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I like Jack because he thinks that he is the good guy. He's a business man who originally saw an opportunity to make a crap ton of money and is now trying to "civilize" Pandora, but he has gone so far past the pale that he thinks that torturing his daughter and murdering civilians is the only way to do it properly

Plus he's hilarious. I liked his dialogue during the Bladewing fight the most because he knows that he has all of the cards in that encounter and is pure, unadulterated, sarcastic assshole. Although playing through that fight again with a guerilla commando pissed me off a bit. Bladewing needs to cycle through all of the elements before you can beat her and the turret missiles mixed with any elemental weapon just shreds her health, so I kept running into an invincible boss that would randomly regenerate and hoover up all of my bullets

Come to think of it, I had no trouble at all with the thresher that guards the beacon and gives everyone else grief either. Maybe guerilla commando is the new phase siren?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I have no doubt that the dlc character is the best, but I was talking vanilla BL2

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Dooky Dingo posted:

Oh, if we are talking vanilla BL2, then yeah, Commando is probably the "strongest".
Turret draws fire, has effectively unlimited ammo, can shield and heal players, does appreciable damage, etc. etc.
The next strongest MIGHT be gunzerker, but I really don't like that playstyle, so, for me, the second strongest is siren.
Interestingly, Jotsam has been considering switching over to commando instead of Zer0.
Because Zer0 just isn't fun to play. :colbert:

Zer0 can be fun if you respec him for melee and get a melee boost shotgun, smg or pistol to run around with, otherwise he's boring and his action skill is 100% useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Dooky Dingo posted:

It's not a problem, I think I've got it pretty well figured out! :shepface::hf::v:

You gamble away your money, sell all the loot from gambling and then use that money to gamble again. It's not that complicated and you end up with a metric poo poo ton of eridium

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 3, 2015

• Locked thread