Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
e-tech guns aren't terrible. THAT e-tech gun is horrible though. (my psycho uses a e-tech fire sniper. Its bullets bounce when I miss.)
I got back into playing this a bit due to you guys playing. I'm not sure if I should play my psycho with you though. Playing with Darrark a bit and despite getting my friendly fire damage down to only 30% I think you guys would still cream me on accident. If not you then Worthington because Darrark's death trap killed me ATLEAST once when he wanted to kill the guy on the other side of me that I was stabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

Dooky Dingo posted:

Nah, they just stare like that because of the, presumably, enormous amounts of STUFF that has to be absolutely caking you every where you go.
Blood, hydraulic fluid, skag juice, spiderant vitriol, whatever the hell is inside Rakk, explosives residue, eridium, the list goes on and on.

You are literally giant walking rainbows of carnage and death and they just don't want you to come any closer than you have to...

Especially Krieg. That's his bath. He enjoys the 'ORGASM OF COLOR!'.

But yeah once you can reach release the beast the friendly fire skill loses its usefulness since you can instead full heal and have it instantly recharged once your out of the rage. At which point I start going for the left tree to make the rage last longer because EVERYONE loves a Badass Mutant Psycho Krieg and everyone wants him and his zombie charger self to stick around. :P

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Personally I think I actually WOULD call Roland Damsel-y. The guy doesn't do much of anything. He doesn't develop as a character at all on screen(and if he did at all it was between games then never really shown after) and everyone spends the game telling you he's awesome when literally EVERY other returning cast member helps you out to a greater extent and more impressively. Roland's good things he does is basically taking out the droids that broke into his cell unarmed(then immediately getting captured) and the fact that he still has his turret which while it barely helps you damage wise DOES heal you at least. Then later on he gets one shotted to up the tension. (And I personally take OFFENSE to the fact that Brick, Lilith, Mordecai, and Roland got beaten by Wilhelm considering he was a UTTER pushover in my playthrough even if he WAS 'poisoned' to weaken him. If it weren't for the presequel where they ATLEAST give him a unique appearance from the base workers there'd be no redeeming point to that entire character and even so now I'm disappointed that the BL2 Wilhelm wasn't nearly as cool and didn't have the Drones that are Wilhelm's special in the presequel. But this is a different argument entirely.)

Generally though Lilith seems pretty okay. I'm certainly seen worse written females, such as moxie, and she gets some good bits to go with her not noticing Jack sneaking up behind her to use his super special siren McGuffin on her like how Roland apparently decides to turn off his shields and his ability to be shot 4000 times to be killed by Jack with a pistol and we are all incapacitated so that they can have some story bits without us stepping in it and messing with their carefully laid poorly thought out plans that all somehow happen perfectly until the very end. Handsome Jack is like a anime protagonist with how often things just fall into his lap despite himself. (For one if he had NOT done the Wilhelm plan the power would have run out and he would have won earlier faster and easier, I seem to recall the shields were on the verge of dropping when you get back.)

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
My character is Zero and I run stupid things. My actual favorite gun is a Jakobs pistol. But the gun I'm always using is the Rapier because I played Zero as a melee character due to my missing Brick. I was very happy when Krieg was added. :P But having +200% melee damage to go with my assassinate and ability to be invisible forever so long as I kept killing was great. I think I use almost ALL the cursed equipment on my Zero lets see.....I sold the shotgun annnnd I was only dumb enough to use the grenade with the 'Curse of the Cackling Game Designer' once before I realized what it did and went nope nope nope.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I really enjoy Zero. He just is NOT meant to be a sniper like they try to make you think. His special is very much meant to be used at fairly close range and not as the weird 'hey your special lets you see the weakpoints on enemies....SHOOT THE HEAD ITS ALWAYS THE GODDAMNED HEAD!' and with his action skill I've had fun jumping up and assassinating buzzards out of the sky and rakks....and everything. Melee guns are nice. I will admit that he has a lot less fun things you can do with him though since I only enjoy him melee and sniper rifles usually aren't the right answer to a encounter the way the game sets them up.

As for loot.......I know I have a problem. I played fallout 4 and went to the grocery store that has bandits in it. I cleared it out of people then went back to town over 10 times selling EVERY SINGLE TIN CAN. I sold everything of value in the first 3 trips. Then filled my inventory with things that sold for 1 cap over and over until I couldn't find anything else in the area. I MUST LOOT.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
The reason I can't enjoy them is because of glitches that make things you store disappear. I was trying to collect every book in skyrim and my shelf emptied itself..... Same thing happened to my garden gnome collection in fallout that I placed strategically around my house to look like as much of a psycho as possible. Entered the house one day and poof everything I stored is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I'm still here. Just not saying much. This dlc is the only one I fully finished solo....maybe I did the torgue one all the way but I know I went through all of this. I tried to do the tiny tina one and while I liked the ideas of it better I really just couldn't enjoy doing it solo. I also do to various real life event have unfortunately fallen behind level wise on my Psycho(and I'm not sure I want to try the pirate dlc solo as a psycho at that level to catch up.) so all I have is my rather over leveled Zero.

• Locked thread