Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It's almost like Nintendo has finally realized that the Pal regions need some love and are sending us actual special edition stuff now, good stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Like the Europe exclusive Bayonetta 2 special edition that no one else got?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Judge Tesla posted:

It's almost like Nintendo has finally realized that the Pal regions need some love and are sending us actual special edition stuff now, good stuff too.
It's already been like that for ages. Europe is the only one getting most of the actual good deals on anything anymore.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Cheez posted:

It's already been like that for ages. Europe is the only one getting most of the actual good deals on anything anymore.

Yet I'm still jealous of Americans getting video games at almost half the price compared to ours.

Well, half is a bit of an exaggeration, but still.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BaronVonVaderham posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S6ZJZER2Iw

Anyone want to buy my Link Between Worlds edition to fund my getting this awesomeness? Seriously, they stepped up the quality big time, that one just had a big triforce on it.

So this bundle is only available overseas? Other Majora's Mask themed New 3DSes won't come bundled with the game too?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Cheez posted:

Look at ORAS. We got posters, Europe got STEELBOOK CASES AND FIGURINES.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Silegna posted:

Hey there was something else we got too! 200 FUCKIN POTIONS! :shepface:

I suppose this is only fair after Europe's poo poo treatment a decade ago, like when Europe got MGS2 months late and the biggest twist of that game was just spoiled by literally everything by the time they got to play it.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey there was something else we got too! 200 FUCKIN POTIONS! :shepface:

I suppose this is only fair after Europe's poo poo treatment a decade ago, like when Europe got MGS2 months late and the biggest twist of that game was just spoiled by literally everything by the time they got to play it.

Seriously, I don't think the US has gotten any good preorder bonuses since loving PLATINUM HAD A GIRATINA FIGURINE.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Silegna posted:

Seriously, I don't think the US has gotten any good preorder bonuses since loving PLATINUM HAD A GIRATINA FIGURINE.

Yeah all the good stuff's just for limited edition collector's poo poo. :(

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

When I was a kid, we were glad to get to play any game at all. There was no money for super ultra limited platinum gold releases. Heck, they didn't even exist.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

You did get ORAS a week earlier. And BW2. But we did get BW two days earlier, so I guess it all evens out. :v:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

tiistai posted:

Yet I'm still jealous of Americans getting video games at almost half the price compared to ours.

We got Prof Layton V Phoenix Wright like...months before the USA.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

tiistai posted:

You should try living in Australia, until very recently saying that wasn't an exaggeration; it was a fact.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Or you could live in Brazil and no longer get Nintendo games at all!

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Ocarina of Time is pretty good and has aged remarkably compared to what was out at the time, the 3D version looks great and I'm impressed that you guys went out of your way to get a 3DS enabled for capture. Moving on:

Crosspeice posted:

You did get ORAS a week earlier.

And as punishment, we got Smash Bros. for WiiU one week later.

Biggest one I can recall is that in Australia specifically, we never got Rock Band 2. Rock Band 1 was in stores for all of maybe two or three weeks (and came out close to the time Rock Band 2 was coming out in America anyway), then we had nothing but Activision's treatment of the Hero games until Rock Band 3. Can't remember if Beatles Rock Band ever came out here.

Silegna posted:

Did the releases of the Operation: Rainfall games have anything special with them in the US? We got steelbook cases for The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.

frozentreasure posted:

Did the releases of the Operation: Rainfall games have anything special with them in the US? We got steelbook cases for The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

I can't speak for the other two, but Xenoblade got an art book.

It's the size of the game case, and printed on thick, glossy cardstock. It's got nine illustrations inside- eight page-and-a-half images of various places in the game, with a little blurb next to each one explaining it, and a two-page illustration of all the party characters.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Bluemage142 posted:

I can't speak for the other two, but Xenoblade got an art book.

It's the size of the game case, and printed on thick, glossy cardstock. It's got nine illustrations inside- eight page-and-a-half images of various places in the game, with a little blurb next to each one explaining it, and a two-page illustration of all the party characters.

A very limited edition art book! Like you had to be one of like 1000 people to register the game first on club nintendo.

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.
No, you didn't. My copy (a Gamestop preorder) came with an artbook. I've never registered it.

Maybe they had some left over, or worked out a limited-quantity deal?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Is your hometown as depressing as Kakariko?

This part was delayed by me forgetting that I had recorded it. Yep. Go me.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Yknow, I hate spiders. Not that I'm afraid of them, though the sentiment is slowly approaching that point. And to think that a whole goddamned family got turned into those things. Like, goddamn. What do they eat? How? Actually, no. I don't want to know how it would work. Enough spider talk.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
You don't need to make it endless night to get giant skeletons in Hyrule Field; if you just kill enough Stalchildren in the field at night, one big one will turn up. Same for the Leevers in the desert.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

frozentreasure posted:

There was also a Xenoblade bundle with a red Classic Controller Pro, and if you registered all three games with Club Nintendo you could get a set of commemorative coins.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Jesus gently caress why would you make them worse. These assholes terrified child me. It was worse, because in my unobservant daze I didn't realize what they were at first until it screamed and grabbed me. The initial panic of buttons and joystick wiggling didn't work, so I thought that was it. Maybe it would let go. Nope. I got to watch it chow down on my head till death.

I was a dumb kid, but apparently I'm not alone in that.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

frozentreasure posted:

You don't need to make it endless night to get giant skeletons in Hyrule Field; if you just kill enough Stalchildren in the field at night, one big one will turn up. Same for the Leevers in the desert.

You do if you want bigger ones.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Cheez posted:

You do if you want bigger ones.

Yeah. Kill enough bigger ones and they spawn a bigger bigger one.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Yeah. Kill enough bigger ones and they spawn a bigger bigger one.

More accurately, every time you spawn a big one, it's bigger than the one previous to it, as long as it's still the same night.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Stalchild's are also one of the generic troop enemies in Hyrule Warriors, nothing is better than killing dozens of them with a single use of a super move, though the annoying rattling they make when they move gets old real fast.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Judge Tesla posted:

Stalchild's are also one of the generic troop enemies in Hyrule Warriors, nothing is better than killing dozens of them with a single use of a super move, though the annoying rattling they make when they move gets old real fast.

It's fun to watch them fall apart as they die though. Zelda lore never really explains where these monsters really come from though do they? Cause otherwise that's a lot of dead kids in Hyrule field.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Drakenel posted:

It's fun to watch them fall apart as they die though. Zelda lore never really explains where these monsters really come from though do they? Cause otherwise that's a lot of dead kids in Hyrule field.

If it hasn't been confirmed, the big theory is they're child soldiers from a messed-up time in Hyrule's history.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Drakenel posted:

It's just the same two respawning over and over. :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

MelvinBison posted:

If it hasn't been confirmed, the big theory is they're child soldiers from a messed-up time in Hyrule's history.

Probably a bridge too far for ol Nintendo that one is. :v:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

Does that mean there was once a Raiden in the Zelda universe.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Pixeltendo posted:

Does that mean there was once a Raiden in the Zelda universe.

MGS2 Raiden or Revengence Raiden?

On a more serious note, a Zelda game with a Raiden-esque character might be interesting. Maybe.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Drakenel posted:

Jesus gently caress why would you make them worse. These assholes terrified child me. It was worse, because in my unobservant daze I didn't realize what they were at first until it screamed and grabbed me. The initial panic of buttons and joystick wiggling didn't work, so I thought that was it. Maybe it would let go. Nope. I got to watch it chow down on my head till death.

I was a dumb kid, but apparently I'm not alone in that.

The Redead scream causes almost as many panic flashbacks as Sonic drowning music.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

MelvinBison posted:

The actual explanation is that Stalfos aren't undead soldiers, but a race of people with their own children, all cursed with immortality.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

For this game? Because every game seems to describe them differently. Especially Majora's Mask.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Stalfos are a recurring enemy in the Zelda series that typically appear as some kind of animated skeleton and rarely possess significant combat prowess, though there are exceptions.

There, that is all you need to know about Stalfos.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Zuzie posted:

MGS2 Raiden or Revengence Raiden?

On a more serious note, a Zelda game with a Raiden-esque character might be interesting. Maybe.

Revengeance Link would have to come with an armoured Chain Chomp.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Neruz posted:

Stalfos are a recurring enemy in the Zelda series that typically appear as some kind of animated skeleton and rarely possess significant combat prowess, though there are exceptions.

There, that is all you need to know about Stalfos.

Stalfos aren't even that original (maybe apart from the name) since animated skeletons have been showing up in fiction for a really long time and pretty much served as an undead humanoid enemy that's easily destroyed by the heroes with little remorse. A role that's kind of been taken over by the modern zombie today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Mordaedil posted:

The actual explanation is that Stalfos aren't undead soldiers, but a race of people with their own children, all cursed with immortality.
I think they're adorable personally :shobon: they got such big clumsy heads and rattly jaws, though Majora's Mask made them much more adorable.

Speaking of which HOLY poo poo GUYS FRIDAY 13th OF FEBRUARY WHO'S EXCITED FOR IT

CUZ I SURE AM :syoon:

Anyways uh yeah this game I really enjoyed playing a lot on the 3DS and I have to say I really did not think I would have fun with the gyro controls but oh my god it feels so much more easy to aim now with it.

• Locked thread