Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So did Ganondorf immediately double back towards Hyrule Castle after he left or something because now I imagine him hiding behind one of the pillars waiting for Groose to open the Door of Time now.

EDIT: Update on the previous page too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
In response to Yoshi, they removed the major game-breaking glitches in OoT3D, but kept some of the amusing stuff like supersliding with bombs. The Door of Time skip was removed, as far as I can remember.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

So did Ganondorf immediately double back towards Hyrule Castle after he left or something because now I imagine him hiding behind one of the pillars waiting for Groose to open the Door of Time now.

EDIT: Update on the previous page too.

Considering you've been there for seven years he could have easily ran after her for days, then came back - called you an idiot - and, since that was the only person who ever stood foot in the temple, is the only memory that Link had. That or he was actually talking to the player breaking the 4th wall while link slept there silently growing pants for seven years.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
One of the few details I genuinely love about OoT.

The lighting changes depending on if you are inside the Master Sword chamber or not, it actually gets slightly brighter inside the chamber as opposed to being outside of it in the hall.

Xalenda
Mar 3, 2014
So, seeing as how the last post was made back in March...

You guys ever gonna finish this thing? Or the Windwaker LP?

I understand that you're doing other LPs, that's fine and dandy;
it's just sad that my favourite Zelda (WW) just sort of got left hanging, and now this one did too, and just when it was getting to the really good stuff.

In any case, I hope you guys finish these two games.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
We're recording new parts for both right now.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

First adult dungeon, 200th derail about something that has nothing to do with the dungeon.

Send your Ant-Man related hate to Mugiwara Yoshi's Twitter that he doesn't have.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Using the motion controls in a swivel chair was an effective way of fighting that boss for me.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
I've always been deeply disappointed that the baby Deku tree didn't have the rocking 'stache of the older tree.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
"I feel like we're having three different conversations at once." - The_Strawhat_NO.txt

Also its very disorienting to see this game running at a smooth 60fps.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I'd like to thank Paul Rudd and three other people in Ant Man I don't know of yet for the four dislikes we got in the first hour.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Robert Denby posted:

Also its very disorienting to see this game running at a smooth 60fps.

30fps. It just feels a lot smoother cause the N64 version runs at 20fps.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Kallev posted:

I've always been deeply disappointed that the baby Deku tree didn't have the rocking 'stache of the older tree.

He doesn't when he grows up, either, now that I think about it.

Xalenda
Mar 3, 2014

ThornBrain posted:

We're recording new parts for both right now.

You guys rock - these are two of my favourite games, and I love watching you play them / riff on them.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
We have a good chunk of new videos ready for you all, but I'm going to wait until either we've switched YouTube partner companies or the start of June, whichever comes first.

(Anyone with any legal experience, hit me up on Skype or Twitter to see if we can expedite this.)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ChaosArgate and Highwang join me for a treasure hunt across Hyrule, which takes an unexpected detour into the Ice Cavern when things go awry.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Yay, you're still alive!

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
He swings his stick whenever the poes escape their little cage above him. When he swings his stick they quickly slide back into the cage

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I forget, can you do anything with Flat and Sharp's poe souls?

Also, that red ice is actually just a form of transparent crystal which the Blue Flame can cleanse. It's why the ice is evil, and why the holy fire only melts the red ice :eng101:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Wow. Groose just hunted lost souls to extinction. That's impressive.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize people anywhere cared about loving updates schedules. I just watch threads when there is new poo poo to watch, I really don't care how often it updates as long as it entertains.

Don't mean to poo poo up this thread with a YouTube comment thing, but I read that and I just thought "really?"

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

Mordaedil posted:

I didn't realize people anywhere cared about loving updates schedules. I just watch threads when there is new poo poo to watch, I really don't care how often it updates as long as it entertains.

Don't mean to poo poo up this thread with a YouTube comment thing, but I read that and I just thought "really?"

Were you talking about my post? If so, sorry, that's not what I meant by that. A lot of StrawhatNO! LPs are currently on hiatus, and I hadn't seen an update in any of their threads for a while, so I am genuinely happy that there were new videos!

I like these guys, I think they are really good LP'ers, and I would hate to see them lose interest or something and stop doing LP's. It has happened to other LP'ers before. :ohdear:

EDIT: Just noticed the YouTube comment part, nevermind. :downs:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
They were waiting till June to post new stuff due to Youtube partner issues and such I believe, that aside, the Ice Cavern, it's short enough that it doesn't outstay its welcome too much but it's just the low point of the game for me, it's not bad, I just don't care much for it, and ice puzzles in general.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Glaive17 posted:

Were you talking about my post? If so, sorry, that's not what I meant by that. A lot of StrawhatNO! LPs are currently on hiatus, and I hadn't seen an update in any of their threads for a while, so I am genuinely happy that there were new videos!

I like these guys, I think they are really good LP'ers, and I would hate to see them lose interest or something and stop doing LP's. It has happened to other LP'ers before. :ohdear:

EDIT: Just noticed the YouTube comment part, nevermind. :downs:

Naw, I like you, you are respectful and stuff.

Just this guy on their youtube video commenting that SA has higher standards or whatever. I was under the idea that our standards were that we did not take it super seriously, but preferred high quality and always prioritized real life over the game.

Not the schedule for how often we update.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If SA cared about update frequency then Your Evil Twin would have been kicked out years ago

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
The Youtube commenter that was making all the fuss later admitted that he essentially had a long standing case of hurt feelings over being Retsupuraed. And clearly, since his amazing LP work was subjected to such mockery, no one else could have an LP worth anything.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hah, the dude responded to "they had contract troubles" with "stop sucking dick".

But the best part is watching the other YouTube commentators slowly start to agree with him as they argue.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

I forget, can you do anything with Flat and Sharp's poe souls?

Also, that red ice is actually just a form of transparent crystal which the Blue Flame can cleanse. It's why the ice is evil, and why the holy fire only melts the red ice :eng101:
I thought it was because blue fire is MUCH hotter than regular fire and that these were just giant magic bunsen burners :science101: but yeah it's probably just holy fire against evil Ganon-Ice(tm), specially packed from the Gerudo Desert.

Also I had no idea about Big Fairies :aaa: holy poo poo I have never known about them what the hell, I'm STILL learning things about this game. Also nice to finally see where those deku models were in OoT, the ones with the leaf-moustaches that were also in the Deku Palace court in Majora.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

When you catch the blue fire in a bottle it literally says it's a cool fire.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

When you catch the blue fire in a bottle it literally says it's a cool fire.
Well it is cool.

Really :coal:

I mean have you SEEN blue fire, have you ever been able to put it in a bottle and melt red ice with it?! poo poo if you could sell that to market you'd be swimming in rupees faster than a duck could.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Are you able to sell blue fire to the one homeless guy in Kakariko?

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014

IronSaber posted:

Are you able to sell blue fire to the one homeless guy in Kakariko?

That would certainly be a novel approach to solving the homelessness problem in Kakariko.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
You actually only need to wait for one in-game day to claim the sword in OoT3D.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love the little touches with Dumple making his appearances.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Was it greek fire mayhaps?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Highwang rejoins Yoshi and I for a lesson in genocide.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

:eng101: The scarecrow won't actually accept a song that's entirely made out of one note. It tells you to be more original or something.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
I'm so tempted to find/photoshop a picture of a rastafarian Goron enjoying some of the "Goron special crop."

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I always thought Volvagia was a fiery Lindworm rather than a Chinese dragon.

On that note in the manga, child Link purchased a baby Volvagia from the Hyrule Town Market in order to free it. Volvagia learns to say Link's name in thanks for its freedom before they parted ways. Then Volvagia got brainwashed by Ganondorf becoming destructive to the point that Link is forced to slay it after failing to get it to return to its senses. After Link beheads it Volvagia, now freed from Ganondorf's control, says Link's name in its dying breath while shedding a single tear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medrex
Nov 17, 2012

Triangular. Nuclear. Loops.
For the sages I always thought Darunia may have died but that his role of sage took precedence until Hyrule was safe so his spirit just hung around until ganondorf is dealt with.
But then he's there at the credits scene hanging out too so then I tend to think he just got he rear end kicked, got the hell outta dodge and let Link handle things.
With the other sages there just isn't much supporting the idea they died, especially for the water and spirit temples where Sheik says the water sage was saved from all the freezing shenanigans and the schmucks who run off with the spirit sage made it pretty clear that the sage was to be controlled, not killed.
The only thing really supporting the forest and shadow sages dying is that's its dangerous inside their temples. I think awakening as a sage is seen as something close to a death though, since the impression I got was that upon awakening, a sage would have to leave behind mundane ties and always be apart from their people, doing whatever it is sages do when there isn't great evil plodding around.
Plus Big G did a pretty good job of killing a sage in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker made it pretty clear you needed living sages.

Medrex fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 9, 2015

• Locked thread