Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

---The Game---
The seminal game for the Nintendo 64, as rebuilt and remastered on the 3DS. The visuals have been improved with more detail and character models that more closely resemble their intended appearance, controls have been tightened to the point that first-person aiming is no longer a detriment but actually fun and accurate, and overall the experience feels like what Ocarina of Time should have been from the start. Yes, there are still flaws - it was one of the first proper 3D action adventure games - but most of the reasons OoT doesn't hold up today have been ironed out for the 3DS.

The story is such:
Groose has finally been called to his own adventure!
Groose is a lonely boy living with the Kokiri, a child-like race that never ages. Their guardian deity, The Great Deku Tree, has tasked Groose with saving the surrounding land of Hyrule from the evil desert bandit-turned-King of Evil, Ganondorf. Groose must travel across Hyrule, through the myriad of civilizations that dot it, and even through time itself, to stop Ganondorf from taking over the world. Also rock people, fish people, desert Amazons, and androgynous ninjas. It's Ocarina of Time. IN 3D!
There's no way to show off the 3DS's 3D effect, at least not as of this LP.

---The LP---
Since this is a 3DS game, and the touch screen holds the inventory, map, and not much else worth looking at, the bottom screen will be kept visible but out of the way. For important cutscenes, it will be cut out entirely, or it may be brought forward should we need to see it closer. Dynamics!
Also 100% LP, show off everything I can, et cetera.

---Additional Links Grooses---
My previous Zelda LPs: Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Majora's Mask.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start screen cinematic

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(By Princess Futon)

(By ZyloTheWolfbane)

(Some horrors I drew for Faerie Fortune's blind thread that never got used)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Fixed the upload of the start screen cinematics. I forgot to remove the noise gate for the original upload.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Groose is loose in the castle, and he accidentally awesomes his way through the guards right to the Princess.

That banner font does not like Y's. :shrug:

^ Yeah I was thinking more framerate.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Don't lean too heavily on Hyrule Historia. Speaking as a Zelda fan and details nut, the chronology they put in has a whiff of "we had to put these somewhere" with some of its choices, Four Swords Adventures in particular. The easiest answer is Zelda wasn't meant to have as rich a lore as something like the Elder Scrolls, so it's not going to be as logically and canonically sound as some of us want it to be.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Okay now you all need to shut the gently caress up.

E: Oh, the things I do to have a thread that's actually active.
(From Twitter:)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 5, 2015

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Is your hometown as depressing as Kakariko?

This part was delayed by me forgetting that I had recorded it. Yep. Go me.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We're gonna miss you Travis.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Travis is currently recovering from a throat infection, and he encouraged me and Yoshi to do some recording without him during the downtime, so I figured it was as good a time as ever to start bringing in some guest commentators. We have several waiting in the wings that we've wanted to work with, but if you would like to offer yourself as a commentator, we will certainly consider it. We have only recorded to Part 6, up to right before the next dungeon.

In the meantime I'm starting another semi-solo LP project (a'la Survival Kids) of two Harvest Moon games, Tale of Two Towns for the DS/3DS and Hero of Leaf Valley for the PSP. There'll be a lot more thread participation than previous LPs, and to kick it off I wanted to give y'all a chance to suggest names for my characters. Later we'll vote on our favourites and the sex of the ToTT character (HoLV is male only). Note! - Two Towns has a 6-character limit, while Leaf Valley has a 12-character limit. Otherwise, go hog wild.

I'm happy to discuss the HM LPs here until the thread is started, but let's move the discussion there afterward.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I'll allow for more suggestions until tomorrow. Remember: if you'll be voting for a female character tomorrow, that's only for Tale of Two Towns, and that's a 6-letter limit, so be sure to choose your name suggestion accordingly. Two names will be chosen, one for either game.
A few of you seem to like Dio, so also decide now which of the two games you want it for.

E: Formally adding my own suggestion of slowbeef, because :v:

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 3, 2015

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Alright, so the names y'all can vote on are:
For either
Shane
Dio
Derwin
Babana
Ed
Dumple
Ginger
Angus
Duane

For Hero of Leaf Valley only
IT WAS I DIO
Oh Goodness
Slowbeef

Cast three votes: which name you want for the Hero of Leaf Valley character, the name for the Tale of Two Towns character, and the sex of the ToTT character.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 4, 2015

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Well we've basically reached a consensus. The HM LP characters will be:
Tale of Two Towns: Dio, female
Hero of Leaf Valley: IT WAS I DIO

Thanks for voting, everyone. The thread will be started this weekend.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Totally forgot that I also need y'all to vote on which town Dio will live in for Tale of Two Towns. So let's do that while I'm getting Hero of Leaf Valley footage recorded.

Bluebell - Animal centric. More space for cattle and chickens, smaller field for plants. Max livestock we can get there is 16, max chickens is 10. When the farm gets expanded, the item makers we get correlate to animal products (Bee Hives, Cheese Maker, Yarn Maker, Drink Maker, and Pet Playpen). Has a European aesthetic with obnoxious use of plaid.

Konohana - Crop centric. Small space for animals, more space for crops that can be expanded every few seasons. Max cattle we can get there is 4, max chickens is 2 (not a lot, but enough for one of each type of animal including special animals that can only be gotten from Year 2 onward). Makers correlate to crops (Rice Paddy, Seed Maker, Flour Mill, Fermenter, and Fish Pond). Has a rural-Asian aesthetic.

We'll get the option to move to the other town in the first month, and it's not difficult getting from one town to the other, so vote for which you want to see and which product you want me to focus on for early on. Don't worry about things like which bachelor you'll want me to go for.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Winning with 8 over 4, we're starting off in Bluebell. The cows will flow.

Many more things to vote on will come in the thread, so be on the lookout!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This part and the next part were short enough that I probably could have put them together like with Dodongo's Cavern, but whatever.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Not a word all of last week, huh? Harvest Moon can't be that interesting.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Cheez posted:

Those aren't "uvulas" by the way. They're electrified tentacles. You know, from the boss. The thing wrecking that fish's insides and making him sick.

Perhaps we should have said :v: out loud?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Share your romanticized lovely game stories!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Wanted Travis and Yoshi in on this particular part since it's important story advancement. I can shuffle commentators for the following parts now.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
We're recording new parts for both right now.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

First adult dungeon, 200th derail about something that has nothing to do with the dungeon.

Send your Ant-Man related hate to Mugiwara Yoshi's Twitter that he doesn't have.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I'd like to thank Paul Rudd and three other people in Ant Man I don't know of yet for the four dislikes we got in the first hour.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
We have a good chunk of new videos ready for you all, but I'm going to wait until either we've switched YouTube partner companies or the start of June, whichever comes first.

(Anyone with any legal experience, hit me up on Skype or Twitter to see if we can expedite this.)

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ChaosArgate and Highwang join me for a treasure hunt across Hyrule, which takes an unexpected detour into the Ice Cavern when things go awry.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Highwang rejoins Yoshi and I for a lesson in genocide.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Whole lotta water today as Travis joins me for the most hated temple in Zelda, then we kick back for some more of his hilarious life stories at the fishing pond.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This week, Groose gets up close and personal with two generations of dead things.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Olivia joins Yoshi and me on a trek through the harsh desert, full of unkillable women thieves, weird love lives, and no real spirits whatsoever.

Pulled myself away from the new Terraria update to edit these. We plus Travis recorded the rest of the LP earlier this week, so the LP will be complete on the 17th. Next update will be the final missing collectibles and the boss gauntlet, then the final update will be Ganon's Castle.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The penultimate update, where I grab the last of the heart pieces and gold skulltulas, check out some esoterica, and finally take on the boss gauntlet mode.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Thus concludes Ocarina of Time 3D. Master Quest is available now, but with the dungeon reworkings and the complete map flip, I feel like it deserves its own playthrough, and right now I just want to move on to something else. Someone else can take that one.

If my 3DS capture doesn't completely give out, my next Zelda LP will be A Link Between Worlds. Before that though, I have four Bomberman LPs lined up (64, Second Attack, Saturn, and Fantasy Race) which will probably get a combined thread again, and I might stream other Bomberman games to go with it. You can vote here on whether I kick that off with 64 or Saturn.

Thanks everyone for watching.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I'm going to be testing my 3DS capture for A Link Between Worlds to see its stability. If anyone has player name suggestions, post them here now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
TacoBob is the most popular with the team, so I'll be going with that.

Thanks again to everyone who watched the LP. It's been submitted to the archive, so that should be up in a few weeks or so. ALBW and the revived Bomberman Megathread will come next month.

• Locked thread