Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Part of me suspects the Hyrule Historia was released to crush fan theories like that, it's a good book mind. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Batmarde posted:

Wasn't Vaati just a minish corrupted by a wizard hat or is that not canon because Capcom

The Hyrule Historia says Vaati was Ezlo's apprentice who courted the evil within the hearts of humans and fulfilled his wishes of becoming an evil sorcerer, made by Capcom or not, it's all canon.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

gently caress the timeline.
It's all separate worlds.

That's the thing, it's out there now in book form, so Nintendo's kinda locked themselves to it, lets hope the Mario Historia isn't next. :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Considering no Zelda game uses that solid backstory to stand on and gives you all the information you need then and there in the game.
They were intended to be standalone but very loosely connected. Like two different plays using the same characters and props.

What does the series gain from being interconnected beyond fulfilling that quintessential nerd need to have everything have an in-universe explanation and for it all to fit together?

Like it or not, it's there now, Nintendo have released not only a timeline, but an entire book detailing it down to the small details, I'll agree that it didn't need to exist but it does now.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Woah mama, now that site's a blast from the past, I've not visited that place since 2003 and it looks exactly the same now as it did then. :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's almost like Nintendo has finally realized that the Pal regions need some love and are sending us actual special edition stuff now, good stuff too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Stalchild's are also one of the generic troop enemies in Hyrule Warriors, nothing is better than killing dozens of them with a single use of a super move, though the annoying rattling they make when they move gets old real fast.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

MelvinBison posted:

If it hasn't been confirmed, the big theory is they're child soldiers from a messed-up time in Hyrule's history.

Probably a bridge too far for ol Nintendo that one is. :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

It's kind of funny how easy both King Dodongo and Queen Gohma are, a couple of attacks and they are dead, at least Dodongo gets to prove his worth in Hyrule Warriors though.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Silegna posted:

Is Gohma even IN Hyrule Warriors?

Gohma Classic from NES Zelda is in it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Try going back to the Happy Mask Salesman after selling a mask but not having any Rupees, you get quite the reaction from him. :v:

It's similar to the Rich Guy on Windfall Island in Wind Waker, smash his pots but if you have no rupees, he gets furious and throws you out.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I cast my vote for Ed, it's short, simple, and renders any conversation hilarious.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

We were all in awe over the majesty of King Zora and I was playing Majora's Mask 3DS because mine came a few days early so forgot to comment. :v:

Zora's Domain is a cool area on paper but, it's literally just a cave with some Zora's in it, like Goron City was a cave with some Gorons in it, the tropical music really clashes with the scenery.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I played Ocarina of Time when I was a kid, like most, I don't have any real nostalgia for it so when I play it today I find it a little dull compared to more modern entries in the series.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I actually never played any bad games as such when I was a kid, I started reading gaming magazines during the Super Nintendo era, I think the Official Nintendo UK magazine was my first one and this continued up to the Wii era where gaming magazines in general started vanishing slowly as the internet ended their relevance.

Saying this, I was the only person I knew who owned, and enjoyed playing Turok Evolution. :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So did Ganondorf immediately double back towards Hyrule Castle after he left or something because now I imagine him hiding behind one of the pillars waiting for Groose to open the Door of Time now.

EDIT: Update on the previous page too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

They were waiting till June to post new stuff due to Youtube partner issues and such I believe, that aside, the Ice Cavern, it's short enough that it doesn't outstay its welcome too much but it's just the low point of the game for me, it's not bad, I just don't care much for it, and ice puzzles in general.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I always liked the fact that the same music clip used for when you first speak to Zelda is used for Darunia here, it just makes things a lot funnier, especially with the large frown on his face.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

death .cab for qt posted:

Isn't there another Ruto cutscene in the water dungeon? I could swear you meet her again if you go through a sorta weird way and get lost

E: also it's implied that the owl is actually the Light Sage. Once he pawns off that Light Medallion on you, he fucks off

Hyrule Historia says the Owl is Rauru the Light Sage.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I'd personally say the Spirit in Spirit Temple is probably referring to the fact that the Temple is a place of Spiritual worship, it certainly seems more like a place of worship more than any other of the Temples.

EDIT: Also, in OoT and MM, the Armoured Knights are Iron Knuckles, Darknuts aren't in the games.

Judge Tesla fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 4, 2015

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

I always figured that Twinrova's halos and them going up 'into heaven' is just a generic Japanese thing, where they take christian imagery to represent death or whatever without really looking at the details of what it really means. This kind of stuff seems to happen a lot in Japanese things like animes and games, especially when Nintendo decides not to censor it.

90's era Nintendo of America was censor happy, Link to the Past was called Triforce of the Gods in Japan and Aghamin was an evil Priest, rather than a Wizard, interestingly however, the Hyrule Historia lists him as being a Priest, which just shows they don't bother to censor things due to possible religions reasons much, if ever now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Pretty cool LP, glad I watched it, so thanks for it!

Also, my thoughts on why Navi leaves at the end, I believe she leaves you because she's finished the task of saving Hyrule the Deku Tree gave you and her, and since you aren't a Kokiri but a Hylian, there's no more need for her to be with you.

• Locked thread