Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Gyroscope aiming works wonderfully, but I really don't understand why they had to add that to the mode where you hold L without targetting anything. It's really disorienting and makes precise movement with the notchless control stick even more difficult than it normally is.

Anyway, I remembered Grezzo did something to the damage values of the Deku Stick, and this claim

Cheez posted:

A broken stick is still useable, but it doesn't have any of the power of a whole stick. You're still forced to use it with two hands and it has an even shorter range, so good luck with that.
in particular sounded pretty weird to me, so I went and tested the whole deal myself to be absolutely sure.

Damage required to take Gohma down:
- 10 Kokiri Sword slashes
- 5 Kokiri Sword jump slashes
- 5 Deku Stick slashes
- 1 intact and 4 broken Deku Stick jump slashes
- 5 intact Deku Stick jump slashes

So, for whatever reason they nerfed the stick jump slashes but not the regular ones. Whether it's broken or not doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

bman in 2288 posted:

Question: is the game engine for the 3DS version the same from the original version? I mean, it looks the same, but the added animations skew my perception.

The engine is essentially the same (or at least very close to the original) but from what I understand they "recreated" it rather than straight up ported it. They changed some stuff like the frequency of collision detection and such, but seeing how they apparently had to actually "implement" some of the old bugs and unwittingly created new ones on the side, I suspect they basically wrote a new engine while using the old one more as a reference rather than reimplementing the old one line for line as close as they could have.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Cheez posted:

It's already been like that for ages. Europe is the only one getting most of the actual good deals on anything anymore.

Yet I'm still jealous of Americans getting video games at almost half the price compared to ours.

Well, half is a bit of an exaggeration, but still.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Drakenel posted:

It's fun to watch them fall apart as they die though. Zelda lore never really explains where these monsters really come from though do they? Cause otherwise that's a lot of dead kids in Hyrule field.

It's just the same two respawning over and over. :v:

• Locked thread