Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Ocarina of Time is pretty good and has aged remarkably compared to what was out at the time, the 3D version looks great and I'm impressed that you guys went out of your way to get a 3DS enabled for capture. Moving on:

Crosspeice posted:

You did get ORAS a week earlier.

And as punishment, we got Smash Bros. for WiiU one week later.

Biggest one I can recall is that in Australia specifically, we never got Rock Band 2. Rock Band 1 was in stores for all of maybe two or three weeks (and came out close to the time Rock Band 2 was coming out in America anyway), then we had nothing but Activision's treatment of the Hero games until Rock Band 3. Can't remember if Beatles Rock Band ever came out here.

Silegna posted:

Look at ORAS. We got posters, Europe got STEELBOOK CASES AND FIGURINES.

Did the releases of the Operation: Rainfall games have anything special with them in the US? We got steelbook cases for The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
You don't need to make it endless night to get giant skeletons in Hyrule Field; if you just kill enough Stalchildren in the field at night, one big one will turn up. Same for the Leevers in the desert.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Hot drat, those art commissions were great! Especially the PizzaJoe/Jane selfie memories.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I could've sworn I tried fire arrows before and they didn't work, but maybe I'm mistaken, and I'd just panicked and resorted to Din's Fire anyway.

In any case, you definitely can't beat the game without at least seeing the Great Fairy on top of Death Mountain, since the first area of Ganon's Tower requires you to fire light arrows.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Neruz posted:

Oh right yeah the fairy gives you a magic bar, hah :v:

I wonder if getting the light arrows automatically gives you a magic bar, though; it's confirmed that that's the sole trigger for Ganon's Castle to become accessible, so it could affect some other things.

quote:

Alright so you do need to see that one, the others are 'optional' though there really is no reason not to see all of them anyway.

Eh, I never really found a use for Farore's Wind. I think I was planning on making use of it when Linebeck was going to do races of the Master Quest dungeons, but other than that, it's never really been relevant. I think I used Nayru's Love against one of the Iron Knuckles when I first played it as a stupid kid. And to save myself against the Cuccos. It didn't work.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
My eyes lit up as I saw the last present wrapped for me. I knew what an NES looked like from friends at school inviting me over, but I'd never had one of my own. Until that day, when I tore off the wrapping paper and saw my very own NES with a copy of Mega Man 1. My parents had gotten me a second-hand console and copy of the game they found at a garage sale; the label was torn off of the game and it just said "MEGA MAN" in black marker, but I was happy all the same.

I sat down to play it, but something was wrong. How I know this when I had never seen the game before is irrelevant. When the game started up, the title text said "TURN BACK" instead of "MEGA MAN", and Megaman himself looked kind of uncertain, which really showed on the seven pixels he had for a face. I pressed the Start button and went to the stage select screen. There were six robot masters, who I will now list: CUT MAN, GUTS MAN, ELEC MAN, BOMB MAN, FIRE MAN, ICE MAN. I chose CUT MAN because I had heard from my uncle who worked at Nintendo that he was the best one to start with. Where I apparently know the point value was supposed to display, instead there was text saying "LEAVE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE". What was really strange was that the letters looked like they were covered in realistic-looking blood. I probably should have stopped playing at that point, but CURIOSITY GOT THE BEST OF ME and I kept playing, and the game probably burned my house down or something.

I also fell down the stairs in my childhood home; they were ostensibly more dangerous than a regular staircase since they went around a corner, but somehow I was just a little dazed and went on with my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
You actually only need to wait for one in-game day to claim the sword in OoT3D.

• Locked thread