Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Who the gently caress really cares though in the grand scheme of things?

We are talking about a series where the original game was the first chronologically, but then A Link to the Past was, no wait Ocarina of Time was, poo poo Minish Cap totally is though.... wait, wait, Skyward Sword is now.

Hyrule Historia was a revenue making way to attempt to get dumb nerds to stop asking about the official timeline and hopefully stop nerding out on this crap so much already. It didn't achieve the latter and it's far from stopping them from putting the next game in the series where ever the gently caress chronologically they feel like.

Also I am jumping on the bandwagon that says this remake looks nice and can't wait for MM to get the same treatment in a couple of months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Neruz posted:

Actually he was sort of right the first time and wrong the second time, along with you!

You do not need Din's Fire to finish the game; the part with the circle of torches that most people think Din's Fire is necessary for can in fact be done with fire arrows. I happen to know this because the first time i played OoT it never occurred to me that Din's Fire could light torches, so I did it with fire arrows instead.

It requires near perfect aim to light 2 - 3 torches per arrow and I think you need the larger magic meter to pull it off which I guess means you do need to see a fairy, but Din's Fire is not in fact necessary to finish the game. It makes the game easier certainly, but you can finish that puzzle without it. At least you could in the original, they may have tweaked how long the torches stay lit in OoT3D.

e: Note that I do not recommend trying to finish that puzzle with fire arrows; just go see the drat fairy.

Pretty sure the Boss Key chest room in that Dungeon still needs Din's Fire to stop the moving spiked walls or at least I've never found any other way to combat them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

You would still need to go there to be able to use them at all though. Same goes for both of the things we were talking about.

Weird though, I could of swore fire arrows were a no go on them.

• Locked thread