Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
A broken stick is still useable, but it doesn't have any of the power of a whole stick. You're still forced to use it with two hands and it has an even shorter range, so good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Weird. I don't know why they wouldn't want people to do that when they're already good at the game and know what they're doing.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Prior to Ganondorf, Ganon was just some evil pig guy who probably knew magic and had a thing about being resurrected a lot.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

Don't lean too heavily on Hyrule Historia. Speaking as a Zelda fan and details nut, the chronology they put in has a whiff of "we had to put these somewhere" with some of its choices, Four Swords Adventures in particular. The easiest answer is Zelda wasn't meant to have as rich a lore as something like the Elder Scrolls, so it's not going to be as logically and canonically sound as some of us want it to be.
The book was designed specifically to make nerds stop talking about Zelda timelines. It failed.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Neruz posted:

I honestly think it was made because the claim that a Zelda timeline did in fact exist was a complete and total bluff and Zelda fans finally called Nintendo on it enough that they were forced to try and come up with something.

The thing is, they used to say there was no timeline. Then they turned around and said they did. Then the book appeared.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

The only fans it'll alienate are the ones nobody wants to be associated with.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

People seem to assume Nintendo thinks like they do, which I feel might not actually be the case. They probably didn't release a book on Zelda timelines to get nerds to stop nerding, but to get the average Joe to talk about it too and share in it to create a meta-myth of the series.

You say that, but Nintendo was getting really tired of people asking them about the Zelda timeline and telling them "there is no timeline" again and again.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

You say that as if you work at Nintendo. Also, you are the nerd that complain about dodongo hates smoke. You are the type of nerd who would miss this poo poo.
You took my "anger" seriously like an idiot, not my problem. At least I made an informative post instead of speculative bullshit. Are you the same kind of person who thinks "I am Error" is a translation mistake too?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

It's almost like Nintendo has finally realized that the Pal regions need some love and are sending us actual special edition stuff now, good stuff too.
It's already been like that for ages. Europe is the only one getting most of the actual good deals on anything anymore.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

frozentreasure posted:

You don't need to make it endless night to get giant skeletons in Hyrule Field; if you just kill enough Stalchildren in the field at night, one big one will turn up. Same for the Leevers in the desert.

You do if you want bigger ones.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Yeah. Kill enough bigger ones and they spawn a bigger bigger one.

More accurately, every time you spawn a big one, it's bigger than the one previous to it, as long as it's still the same night.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

For this game? Because every game seems to describe them differently. Especially Majora's Mask.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

We're gonna miss you Travis.

It's not that there are dodongos in dodongo's cavern, it's that there's more than there used to be. They talk about how many suddenly appeared.

Also please keep unintentionally suicide bombing everything, because it brings me joy.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Or when you toss on unnecessary footwear.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

There's more than one kind of schnauzer, though.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Those aren't "uvulas" by the way. They're electrified tentacles. You know, from the boss. The thing wrecking that fish's insides and making him sick.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Your joke sucked, live with it.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

But when you think about it, any water that has fish in it has been touched by fish asses. The old man's fishing pond? There's like 40 fish asses in there. Maybe even 50.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I don't think King Zora can walk either.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I think Sheik is supposed to be considered a male, since I believe they use a different voice actor that fits more in line with (Japanese) male characters. If not that, though, it was definitely meant to be more vague. Something you just couldn't tell from a glance.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

about evil old people
One of them claims to be the older sister and the other claims to be the younger sister. They both lie about their age in opposites just like they cast spells in opposing elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Neruz posted:

chosen by the King of Hyrule
As someone who read the manual, this part suddenly doesn't make sense, because I'm pretty sure the story text from the manual both says the king died, and that it was Impa who put the palace guardians in place to protect the palace from invaders. Since one of the palace guardians is a blue iron knuckle, and simultaneously the world is overrun by them and other things which are Ganon's (the "King of Evil"'s) henchmen and the like... You can pretty much fill in the rest here and it stops making sense. Is the Zelda 2 manual even reliable? It only works if the "King" they're talking about is the "King of Evil", because it would be weird otherwise.

Whatever. Words about videogames.

• Locked thread