Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

SystemLogoff posted:

Fun fact:

OOT (N64 Cart) Render Size: 320 x 240

3DS Render Size: 400×240 pixel

So this means the 'bitrate' is better than the N64. :v:

Of course, the Virtual Console and The Collector Disc both doubled the render size to 640x480, so that's what most people remember.

Is that why the OoT on the Gamecube disc was streched and really blurry polys? Wait, there were two GCN OoTs. One was master quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Carbon dioxide posted:

Vaati?

E: Zelda Wiki tells me that a fan theory popped up that Ghirahim was hit by Demise's curse and Vaati is Ghirahim reincarnated. :raise:

That would explain why Vaati is so Fabulous.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Mr. Fortitude posted:

About the only Zelda games not canon are the Phillips CDI games. But both Oracle games and Minish Cap which were made by Capcom are fully canon.

Oh for Din's Sake. I played those CD-i games. You just brought memories to the surface....where's the mind bleach?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Neruz posted:

Yeah Vaati is like the only major antagonist in a Zelda game that has nothing whatsoever to do with Ganon\Demise. He's just an evil sorcerer.

*Cough* Four Swords Adventures *Cough*. Then again, I don't think that one is canon.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Cheez posted:

It's already been like that for ages. Europe is the only one getting most of the actual good deals on anything anymore.

Look at ORAS. We got posters, Europe got STEELBOOK CASES AND FIGURINES.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey there was something else we got too! 200 FUCKIN POTIONS! :shepface:

I suppose this is only fair after Europe's poo poo treatment a decade ago, like when Europe got MGS2 months late and the biggest twist of that game was just spoiled by literally everything by the time they got to play it.

Seriously, I don't think the US has gotten any good preorder bonuses since loving PLATINUM HAD A GIRATINA FIGURINE.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

FinalGamer posted:

I think they're adorable personally :shobon: they got such big clumsy heads and rattly jaws, though Majora's Mask made them much more adorable.

Speaking of which HOLY poo poo GUYS FRIDAY 13th OF FEBRUARY WHO'S EXCITED FOR IT

CUZ I SURE AM :syoon:

Anyways uh yeah this game I really enjoyed playing a lot on the 3DS and I have to say I really did not think I would have fun with the gyro controls but oh my god it feels so much more easy to aim now with it.

Wait. MM 3D comes out on Friday the 13th? That's some awesome planning.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Nidoking posted:

By being an even easier boss than Gohma, you mean?

There's also a Deku Scrub selling spare shields on the first floor, although it's tough to get it to sell you one without having one on you already. I think you can hit it with a seed with good timing, though.

Seriously. King Dodonga was easier than Gohma, and Gohma has a glitch where you can instantly kill her in the N64 Cart.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

I wasn't aware Hyrule Warriors came out on the N64.

That's...not what I meant. I was replying to his comment on how easy King Dodongo was. No relation to his Hyrule Warrior's comment.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Tin Hat posted:

:thejoke:
In Hyrule Warriors Gohma is an easy boss, but King Dodongo is even easier.

Is Gohma even IN Hyrule Warriors?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Dio X2

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Konohana.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

We were all in awe over the majesty of King Zora and I was playing Majora's Mask 3DS because mine came a few days early so forgot to comment. :v:

Zora's Domain is a cool area on paper but, it's literally just a cave with some Zora's in it, like Goron City was a cave with some Gorons in it, the tropical music really clashes with the scenery.

drat, I have to wait till March to get MM3D. Also, Jabu Jabu's Belly is...Strange. Why does he groan when you stab the walls...Which you WILL do, because of things.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

MelvinBison posted:

There was also a Jabu Jabu dungeon in Oracle of Ages. They couldn't really capture the "stomach" aesthetic since, well, it was on the Game Boy, but at least the dungeon looks like a fish.
For comparison:

gently caress this dungeon. I always hardwalled there for about 4 freaking hours because of the drat water level switches and the GOD drat MASSIVE AMOUNT OF KEYS THAT LEAD TO A CHEST WITH THE BOSS KEY. gently caress this place. Oracle of Ages was my favorite game, but the last two dungeons were annoying as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

frozentreasure posted:

My eyes lit up as I saw the last present wrapped for me. I knew what an NES looked like from friends at school inviting me over, but I'd never had one of my own. Until that day, when I tore off the wrapping paper and saw my very own NES with a copy of Mega Man 1. My parents had gotten me a second-hand console and copy of the game they found at a garage sale; the label was torn off of the game and it just said "MEGA MAN" in black marker, but I was happy all the same.

I sat down to play it, but something was wrong. How I know this when I had never seen the game before is irrelevant. When the game started up, the title text said "TURN BACK" instead of "MEGA MAN", and Megaman himself looked kind of uncertain, which really showed on the seven pixels he had for a face. I pressed the Start button and went to the stage select screen. There were six robot masters, who I will now list: CUT MAN, GUTS MAN, ELEC MAN, BOMB MAN, FIRE MAN, ICE MAN. I chose CUT MAN because I had heard from my uncle who worked at Nintendo that he was the best one to start with. Where I apparently know the point value was supposed to display, instead there was text saying "LEAVE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE". What was really strange was that the letters looked like they were covered in realistic-looking blood. I probably should have stopped playing at that point, but CURIOSITY GOT THE BEST OF ME and I kept playing, and the game probably burned my house down or something.

I also fell down the stairs in my childhood home; they were ostensibly more dangerous than a regular staircase since they went around a corner, but somehow I was just a little dazed and went on with my day.

Nice stereotypical creepypasta there, you hit most of the Cliches!
Edit: Also, for some reason, I read that in YuriofWind's voice...

• Locked thread