Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i picked this up for 13 dollars on sale, i knew it was a paper mario-like RPG but i did not expect this level of love and attention to detail from the devs. pretty much everything is a reference to the show or a joke or something, and i'm only an hour in. from what my friends tell me it stays this good the whole ride.

im really happy i bought this, get it if you have not already imps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

I've thought about buying it because I've heard it's really good but I haven't watched South Park in years and the last time I did I remember not liking it very much. I don't know if that was because I was a dumb kid or what.

you were probably a dumb kid

the show has gotten a little tired lately but it's one of the best things on tv really

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Yinlock posted:

also note the baffling lack of bugs

it's almost like when you give obsidian time to make something they can QA worth a drat

well the game is also incredibly simple

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just beat the game. im a little sad it's over (and there is no reason at all to play it again unless you care about achievements) but it was basically a long southpark episode and i loved it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Stack bleed.

yeah

you want to stack every status effect on him and then just survive

it is a bullshit fight and there's nothing else as hard as that in the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

just got to kyle and stan and did every side quest... how much longer do I have?

probably 2-3 more hours

it took me 12 hours to beat, and i did most of the sidequests (didnt bother finding chinpokemon and other minor stuff)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

the city wok mans war dance makes me laugh every time... best summon in the game

the summons are absolutely gross overkill. you can only use them "once a day" whatever that means but my god

the hanky poo summon kills everyone in the first attack with like 30k damage to all targets and then there's a big combo after that followed by a huge finishing wave which im sure nothing in the game can actually live to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahahah

yeah my only complaint about the game is the feeling of "poo poo, there's nothing else huh?" after you beat it. With the way the combat works though even if they put in absurdly difficult post-content it would be way too easy to cheese.

• Locked thread