Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Don't rookies get a PowerPoint presentation about fashion, I would love to see what kind of guidance they receive in this area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

westbrook and wade are too deep in the capri game

Are those actual capris or just things that would be pants on men of average height? Like, the sleeves of that polo shirt are also pretty short

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I wish I could roll from place to place with full-size Beats but I would look like an rear end in a top hat. Hell, most of time I feel like an rear end in a top hat just wearing earbuds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Downtown at MADE Fashion Week at Milk, Carmelo Anthony is highlighting the latest wearable tech with Intel, Accenture, Moondial, and Pigalle designer Stéphane Ashpool."

The first digital athlete

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The TNT listings say 6:30 Eastern. In one of the chats last night one of the guys who runs Ballstreams said he thought it was "making a mockery of the sport" so I don't think they will stream it :(

Edit: Looks like they just added it to the site, actually!

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 14, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kibner posted:

If someone finds a stream for the fashion show, please post it here. It appears that ballstreams isn't going to air it because it doesn't fit their sensibilities of basketball. :argh:

e: it looks like I am wrong and they changed their mind! huzzah!

Yeah they are streaming it but they're throwing shade with that "meh" caption

It's beginning!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Optimus Subprime posted:

It looks like a chest holster for a pistol, but without any of the function.

It's like a tailor started working on a vest, then ran out of material so they just tied the loose ends together.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I applaud the asymmetry, but... so you just leave the loose strap hanging in front of you?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

If he took off the trenchcoat it'd look like he walked off the set of Equilibrium.

He probably picked up that outfit for one of Sterling's White Parties

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

He color-coordinated with the arena, that's some next-level poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In all seriousness, has anyone bought Westbrook glasses frames? I am actually considering them and am wondering about their quality. I hope that Russ would not lend his name to inferior product

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

He looks like a British schoolboy skipping class

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My pants also have knee holes, along with a permanent marker stain

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

this is the only time lebron james has ever looked fresh, but he should have worn dark blue denim

It's like a Pepsi bottle. Subliminal advertising for LeBron's Mix? (I tried looking for it in stores but couldn't find it anywhere)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You can clearly see it's a CGI effect, just look at the pixels

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there going to be another NBA All-Star Fashion Show this year

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

He's got the mental game on lock, you can just see it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I had a whole stockpile of Kevin Love Banana Republic photos that I never got to use because it was a blowout tonight. Here they can find a semi-permanent home

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kibner posted:

I read that entire article and was not disappointed. Good find!

"Steve Kerr, the Warriors’ coach, often shows up for home games in a T-shirt and sweatpants. (He carries his suit in a garment bag.)"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Anaranjado posted:

Hate to interrupt the beautiful thing happening here but this is required reading.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/0...ews.google.com/

Thank you NYT.

“I’ve got to make sure everything looks good coming out of the car,” Curry, the league’s most valuable player, said. “You don’t want to have a missed button or a wrinkled shirt.”

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Curry has become an active participant in the whole process. He goes so far as to watch clips of other players making their arena entrances.

“All the time,” Curry, whose competitive drive extends beyond the court, said. “You want to see what the other guys are doing.”

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"You know, I actually don’t own a single basketball. The one I got was entirely white, so I don’t really think I could play with it. If I could design my own ball, it would be all suede, maybe mixed with some leather."

This sounds like a parody from a McSweeney's writer, it's beautiful

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speaking of which, is there any way I can get Russ's fishing hook polo, or something that looks a lot like it, on the cheap? I need it for reasons.

I would pay Lacoste $150 for it, but it's sold out and no longer being made.

Or, is there another Westbrook press conference outfit that is equally or more iconic that is feasible for the common man

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The layout editor was being a little cheeky with that cover, I think

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Metapod posted:

Russ gets the most important award of the year
https://twitter.com/thenbpa/status/761289631342006272

The cut to Kevin Durant saying "Russell Westbrook" seems hilariously out of place, like they spliced it from another context or something

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So I need an iconic NBA press conference outfit that I can easily recreate on a budget. The upper body is most important and I would prefer there to be glasses.

Obviously Westbrook is the go-to but I am open to other examples

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

This looks really great but I just can't get down with the no visible socks thing, maybe I'm just becoming an old

Jalen?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I associate bow ties with the NBA because of Ernie Johnson

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Most of my wardrobe for the past half-decade has been Banana Republic. While I aspire to the heights of Westbrook, Kevin Love seems about right for what I can realistically achieve, so that's good branding

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Has Russ ever been fined by the league, because technically that totally violates the dress code

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That's Russ's "GET OUT should have won" outfit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Russell Westbrook is the greatest

DC Murderverse posted:

inspiration: a Tupac album cover

Is the dress code still officially on the books? This looks like something David Stern would have come down hard on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/HebertofRiffs/status/1097606004722810882