Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The Immortal Erkel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The fact that they call it "a competition" cracks me up. Those guys will try so loving hard. And fail.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
TOP PERSONALITIES!

Edit:

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/2/14/8037723/nba-all-star-fashion-show-charles-barkley-tnt

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 14, 2015

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I didn't even notice the short sweater until now. It's like putting on 3D glasses and finally seeing the light.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Bless you, NBA dress code.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Has this been posted? Westbrook helped designing a line of clothes. It's everything you would hope for.

http://www.barneys.com/barneys-new-york/collections/russell-westbrook-xo-barneys-new-york

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Anaranjado posted:

He looks like he's hailing a cab to the akira convention.

When you are Russell Westbrook, every day is an Akira Convention. I love that he went to the Paris Fashion Week to do "some networking".

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I was curious how much money Lin made since Linsanity, and he certainly got paid. $26 mil over the past three seasons. Also, he probably has the longest Wiki entry of all the role players in the history of the NBA.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Has there ever been a coach known for his gaudy belt buckles? I want that in my NBA experience.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Milwaukee Bucks guard Michael Carter-Williams wasn’t all that accustomed to designing shoes with shark skin and broguing (that’s fancy talk for the perforations that stylize a pair of Oxfords or Balmorals). But he adopted the process quite quickly while working with Allen Edmonds to create a special edition MCW5 dress shoe.

“Yeah, this was my first time (designing dress shoes),” Carter-Williams tells SI.com. “I thought it was really interesting, all the different types of leathers, skins that go into the shoe.”

The collaboration started when the 2014 Rookie of the Year needed to improve his dress shoe options. After a connection with Allen Edmonds, he started wearing their shoes and liked the feel. “I got to build relationships with the people down there and they asked me if I wanted to make a shoe and I was interested,” he says. “I didn’t know what would come of it. I thought I would make something little and see where it goes and it ended up being a really nice shoe that a lot of people really like.”

http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/dress-shoes/michael-carter-williams---mcw5/SF0501.html?dwvar_SF0501_color=0501#start=1

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Really tall athletes? Eh, just use as much cloth as possible, they are freaks anyway!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Those are the hind legs of a loving giraffe. What the hell, Nike?!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Two hats and not one of them on Anthony's dome? You've let me down, Carmelo.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

For all their dazzling feats on the court, N.B.A. stars have somehow made an event out of simply showing up at games. The sports world and the fashion world cannot look away, even if the setting is an underground tunnel in, say, Oracle Arena — approximately nine million miles from Milan.

“Oh, it’s beautiful,” Sarah Oliphant, an artist who designs backdrops for fashion shows out of her studio in New York, said. She would not stage these N.B.A. arrivals any other way.

“These are high-powered people with megamoney behind them in every possible way,” Oliphant said. “But the runway is a linoleum floor and a concrete-walled tunnel,” and you can see Teamsters setting up in the background. She added: “I couldn’t have even thought that up. It’s brilliant. Whoever came up with this is brilliant.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/sports/basketball/the-nbas-fashion-runway-chic-yet-shabby.html?ref=sports&_r=0

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
edit: Wrong thread.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 24, 2016

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I have a soft spot for these:

Bought them right after Scottie's All-Star MVP performance.

Favorite to play in? Hands down the Penny 1.

They were beasts.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lockback posted:

Those look like when your 40 year old suburban mom wants to ball out.

They are on par with the Currys. Ugly as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

hifi posted:

me whenever i mess around with the nike create your own shoe thing

Final step: add cement. There. All done. $239.99, baby.