Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is a great thread.

I always find what coaches wear to be interesting. Obviously there are the famous looks (Dr. Jack, Phil, Patt Riley etc) but what about the less famous fashonistas:

First we have Stan Van Gundy. Adamantly opposed to wearing a button up or suit, the Piston's coach has turned looking frumpy and dishevelled into a larger statement about his commitment to hard work and the fundamentals.

On the other end we have former Raptor coach Sam Mitchell. Sam believes that more is more. More shots, more pin stripes, and more pocket squares.

Another important look is that of Tom Thibodeau. While his suits seem run of the mill, notice how high and tight his tie and collar are. This tells us that he takes him self seriously, and like his team, he will never even for a moment, give himself a break. Also, notice how the suit widens as it approaches his waist, giving the coach ample room to comfortably sit on his haunches.

Our last coach for today is Eric Spoelstra. Spo follows in his mentors footsteps, often wearing a slim cut monochrome suit with a white shirt and semi-skinny tie. This look is all about bringing the style of the past (a fusion of 1980s LA with wall street) to the present (a bit wider cut in the arms to allow a greater range of movement). In a sense it links his position as Riley's heir to his past grunt work in the video room and practice court.

BWV fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is such an excellent idea.

If anyone doesn't like this idea I will fly them out to Toronto so I can punch them directly in the dick.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

that's fantastic. somewhere in between a sky diving outfit and an early 90s x-men outfit

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope big baller brand ball shoes do very well and stick it to those haters and losers who thought it was prudent to not give an entire brand license to an unproven lottery pick.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Curry's shoes like they were made by some poo poo algorithm. That or they polled a bunch a jerk off in silicon valley asking what colours were the most profound thought leaders

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

bow ties are good because they let you know who to avoid at conferences

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Like others have said most fashion rules can be broken once you become an old.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

they remind me of And1s

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Zion going open collar casual is a big time confidence play and I like it. You can tell he is a winner.

RJ looks like those black liquorice candies my dad likes

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lot of shoes being designed based on my MS paint sketches from 1997.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Russ with the Buzz Bissinger drip.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/NickDePaula/status/1195507277265948672?s=19

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/scott_morrison/status/1197581351467175936?s=19

Missed opportunity for the Red dirt colour scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU