Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But did they ever do that with SMB3's 1-1. This gamer wants answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if you're talking about ROM hacks, look no further than Super Nazi Penis Cartel Freedom Fighters 3

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

if you're talking about ROM hacks, look no further than Super Nazi Penis Cartel Freedom Fighters 3

I mean official releases.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Speaking of which I think I'm going to beat SMB as small mario.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never beat it in general but, I think it'd be epic to do that way.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I mean official releases.
oh i see. in that case i can't think of any

it's a shame, SMB3 is a very good game

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

at first i thought this was just a bad joke but then i put it into google (like i do with any phrase that has the word penis in it) and holy poo poo it actually exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CxbEWQyscw

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
the smb3 1-1 song is better than the smb 1-1 song imo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i would never lie about ROM hacks that include dongs, drugs, nazis, and/or Wilford Brimley

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Dec 26, 2014

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i think if a remix of smb3 1-1 were ever made and i couldn't go behind the stage by holding down on the white block for several seconds i would feel extremely betrayed

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wormskull posted:

Speaking of which I think I'm going to beat SMB as small mario.

I thought this was how everyone did it?

big mario goes so SLOW you gotta be small mario to make the sick jumps

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

bom omb battlefield is pretty classic too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SeXReX posted:

big mario goes so SLOW you gotta be small mario to make the sick jumps

What are you talking about.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

can this image be banned

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bobnumerotres posted:

can this image be banned

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it's beautiful

that thumbnail gives me nightmares tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This thread inspired me to buy SMB3 off the 3DS E-Shop. Thanks OP.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hell yase

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Evil Eagle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0K05EDL8zU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Small mario is noticeably faster even to a casual observer dude. Are you really asking this?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to need to see some evidence.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm going to need to see some evidence.

I can pull out the charts but he's clearly more aerodynamic

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's been so long since I played SMB3 that some of the things in it seem weird. Completely forgot Mario did somersault jumps while invincible.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
P.S. Wormskull..Earlier you were saying theat nintendo games had no leaderboards.. But Donkey Kong tropical freeze has them, and theyre really good, you can see your friends, and who has the world record and top 10 and where you rank and stuff, and you can download and watch replays. Its sick.

Nehacoo
Sep 9, 2011

kinda curious about what the hell that video actually is but I don't want to give them a single view

actually as soon as i finished that sentence i stopped being curious but it's to late to not post now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

P.S. Wormskull..Earlier you were saying theat nintendo games had no leaderboards.. But Donkey Kong tropical freeze has them, and theyre really good, you can see your friends, and who has the world record and top 10 and where you rank and stuff, and you can download and watch replays. Its sick.

NES Remix 2 kind of has them as well.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bonzibuddy64 posted:

it's pretty insane to watch the top speed runs for levels.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Okay fine I might get that game. Is there a demo for it.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's pretty insane to watch the top speed runs for levels.

Yeah theyre entertaining to watch.. Cranky kong is sick cause his pogo stick cane carries the momentum from D.K.'s roll. People do some crazy roll tricks and skips. Its a cool game to watch speedruns of. Very visually nice game,and love the music too. Its my game of the year.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
:megadeath:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Mario Maker has all the different art styles and blocks/items from all those different games but what would really be sick is if you could force the level to have the proper physics/abilities/glitches of a certain game to make some serious kaizo poo poo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Mario Maker has all the different art styles and blocks/items from all those different games but what would really be sick is if you could force the level to have the proper physics/abilities/glitches of a certain game to make some serious kaizo poo poo.

i think its just the art styles for now. would be really cool if you could change physics engines, but if it's just going with one i hope it's NSMB because i love the physics on it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

NSMB physics loving suck

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think its just the art styles for now. would be really cool if you could change physics engines, but if it's just going with one i hope it's NSMB because i love the physics on it.

Yeah I doubt it will be anything but a graphics/music switch.

oh well we'll just have to make kaizo poo poo for just 1 engine

• Locked thread