Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

zelgadis posted:

The most important element of any good MGS let's play is "shhh, you have to pay attention to this part, it's really important later"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Sir AIDS posted:

My New Years resolution is to completely unplug from the "IronyNet" (how I internally refer to Steam, all the forums that I post on, etc.) for a period of 6 months starting on January 1st, 2015

F

I wish you luck in cleaning your mind of irony.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
*creeps in*

did somebody say let's play

*creeps out*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mega64 posted:

*creeps in*

did somebody say let's play

*creeps out*
It's okay to be an imp, you don't have to be ashamed.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's okay to be an imp, you don't have to be ashamed.

I love video games, and I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

My New Years resolution is to completely unplug from the "IronyNet" (how I internally refer to Steam, all the forums that I post on, etc.) for a period of 6 months starting on January 1st, 2015

Is this the new Normie Challenge?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

zelgadis posted:

The most important element of any good MGS let's play is "shhh, you have to pay attention to this part, it's really important later"

any time you have a game with long rear end cutscenes the best thing to do if you have funny/interesting things to say is just to turn subtitles on.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
alright, downloading DFhack so this LP can be more than just pictures of spergtastic menus. I'm thinking i'll start by letting the first seven people who want to claim names/professions for their dwarves, followed by determining where we want the fort to be and what we want to accomplish. I've got a pretty good idea of what I want to do build a big stony fort surrounded by an Imp Zone nature preserve where the fiery little dudes can frolic freely and toast invaders but i'm open to suggestions/ideas

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 28, 2014

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What version are you using, the new one is unstable and being updated daily

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
0.40.19, since that's the newest one that's compatible with DFhack afaik. I might just wait until that catches up, though

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Schnedwob posted:

alright, downloading DFhack so this LP can be more than just pictures of spergtastic menus. I'm thinking i'll start by letting the first seven people who want to claim names/professions for their dwarves, followed by determining where we want the fort to be and what we want to accomplish. I've got a pretty good idea of what I want to do build a big stony fort surrounded by an Imp Zone nature preserve where the fiery little dudes can frolic freely and toast invaders but i'm open to suggestions/ideas

Get the lazy starter pack or whatever. It's got that multi z level renderer and a bunch of other improvements for readability

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Schnedwob posted:

name my dwarf "hodown boy" and make him the woodsman

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Robot Randy posted:

Get the lazy starter pack or whatever. It's got that multi z level renderer and a bunch of other improvements for readability

That's 40.19 as well, though. Is it pretty unstable or should I go for it?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
It's very stable. Comes with a bunch of utilities like therapist and soundsense too. It definitely made making a fort and tweaking graphics/fonts much more easy and streamlined

Also upload your save after you create the fort and I'll do an adventure mode thing

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If you want to consider it, the old version's masterwork mod adds a ton of content and fun poo poo to do. It's also stable

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

If I'm going to Let's Play a PC game, what do you guys recommend for capture software? I figured I could use something simple like Audacity for audio, but for video it seems like there are a few options and I'm not sure what the best one is.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Silver Striker posted:

If I'm going to Let's Play a PC game, what do you guys recommend for capture software? I figured I could use something simple like Audacity for audio, but for video it seems like there are a few options and I'm not sure what the best one is.

OBS is the best. Shadowplay is good. Fraps is okay.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

if u think im joking

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Silver Striker posted:

OBS is insanely good and produces vids at manageable filesize + good quality if you configure it right. I can post my config for this :*)
FRAPS has the best quality but produces uncompressed AVIs which are 1 gig per minute of video pretty much.
YouTube LP people use DXtory but it only works with DirectX games, and is absolute garbage.

use your cellphone camera

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Average Bear posted:

If you want to consider it, the old version's masterwork mod adds a ton of content and fun poo poo to do. It's also stable

as much as I'd love playing a succubus fort instead :heysexy:, I haven't really gotten into DF2014 yet so I'm probably gonna stick with that+DFhack for stonesense shots.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690930

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

added to the op

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Scyther posted:

i did a sims 2 lp in old ycs and then later a sims medieval lp on an offsite that shall remain undisclosed, what is there left to do? sims 3 sucks and sims 4 sucks even more.

Sims 1.

Or Urbz.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Doctor Goat posted:

do it as post commentary and fastforward all the boring parts so it's like 10x speed except when you want to explain something or show off a sweet battle or show off what's unique on a level

I only fast forward 5x you fucker

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
before the new year rolls in, be sure to post:

I, (username), resolve to make a great lp sometime in early january 2015, maybe a little later depending on circumstance but it's definitely not something I'm going to put off or go back on, if I flake out I'm basically a games forum human being who only likes video games ironically and would rather follow gamergate poo poo on twitter please blow my fail sadbrains out with ap magnum rounds

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I, Schnedwob, resolve to make a great lp sometime in early january 2015, maybe a little later depending on circumstance but it's definitely not something I'm going to put off or go back on, if I flake out I'm basically a games forum human being elf who only likes video games striking the earth ironically and would rather follow gamergate trees and nature and poo poo on twitter please blow my fail sadbrains out with ap magnum rounds adamantium crossbow bolts

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Devour or Fire posted:

before the new year rolls in, be sure to post:

I, (username), resolve to make a great lp sometime in early january 2015, maybe a little later depending on circumstance but it's definitely not something I'm going to put off or go back on, if I flake out I'm basically a games forum human being who only likes video games ironically and would rather follow gamergate poo poo on twitter please blow my fail sadbrains out with ap magnum rounds

You're all talk you pathetic piece of poo poo.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my lps' finished

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
congratulations to all zero people who decided to step up and make something out of the mountain of poo poo that is their lives :downsbravo:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Devour or Fire posted:

congratulations to all zero people who decided to step up and make something out of the mountain of poo poo that is their lives :downsbravo:
If only I could have created a Let's Play, the one thing holding me back. *makes out with his hot as gently caress girlfriend who also is your mom, loser*

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

If only I could have created a Let's Play, the one thing holding me back. *makes out with his hot as gently caress girlfriend who also is your mom, loser*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a twitch stream where i play SNES Battletoads, drunk rambling about my failures, and kill myself live on the internet

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
me: hey, how would you like to do something for the imp zone community

filthy pig: no thanks, I'd rather roll around in a slurry of rotten food and my own feces

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

me: holy poo poo a talking pig

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I started an LP, but I abandoned it before thinking of the game OP

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I think I'm going to do an LP of the Moomin game for the Game Boy Color, OP.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if theres one thing those fine folks over in the lets play forum would love, its me making a 3rd lp in a month, and this time its minecraft

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I was already making a Majesty l.p. so I win the nerd loser prize

Though I havent updated it in like 2 weeks because I've been ultra sick

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
durr!!! durrrr!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

if theres one thing those fine folks over in the lets play forum would love, its me making a 3rd lp in a month, and this time its minecraft

Lets get some IMp zone guest stars.

• Locked thread