Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

The new Digimon movie had some real End of Evangelion energy at times. Had a really good time with it and was glad that I was able to watch it and mostly feeling like I knew enough from watching the original Adventure 02 series to not feel in the dark about who and what even though I haven't seen it since it originally aired on TV here. Definitely felt like it was more targeted at adults, especially considering the themes, some of the imagery, and the fact that almost every character in the movie was also an adult.

Had to really restrain myself from impulse buying booster packs when I walked past a games store on the way home, because I'm real jazzed about Digimon right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

The first deck I ever put together myself is an Etemon deck, and it finally got a win last week at the locals after months of trickshot lobbing Chuumon into meatgrinders. I'm so pumped for EX5 and its promises of a possible second win in this lifetime.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

People will always complain because you can't please everyone when you try to appeal as broad a portion of the playerbase as possible, and the company is not without its flaws, but Bandai as it is right now with its TCGs is really proactive about getting player feedback and trying to apply it.

I'll say this as someone who has been really active with Battle Spirits Saga community management stuff through its release, the mess that was set 2, and the gradual recovery made with set 3 and the upcoming sets - they listen closer than some people might think. Often times the hardest part for the people managing their games is convincing the higher ups to let them do things, and that's really hard to do without solid information to support it.

At worst the read on the western market from the Japanese end of the company can sometimes be a little skewed and presumptuous, but that's why the people responsible for steering the game into success are constantly asking for player feedback.

One of the reasons I actually ended up getting into the Digimon TCG is because I could see that kind of effort was applied with it too. Even with the bans and limitations I was impressed by how clearly they explained the whats and whys when making those decisions.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 28, 2024

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Webtoon format is going to rock you all when it starts having sound effects and music timed out to play and phase out as you hit certain parts of the story.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Going to my first Digimon regional this weekend, and if anything my goal is to be officially recognised as the best Etemon player in the country.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

The sad news is I didn't end up being the best Etemon player in the Oceania region, the good news is I was also not the worst Etemon player in the Oceania region.

The actual cool news though was the guy who won the Oceania regional as the only undefeated player all day plays at my very casual oriented LGS every week to the point his team is named after the owner, so now we get to bask in the glory of janking in the LGS of Digimon champions every week (another regular from my weekly local also got top 16).

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

Well done all around! What did the winner play?

This is decklist that was submitted to Best Coast Pairings. He must have really been working on that one quietly because I don't remember ever seeing him play it at the locals. Then again my local is fairly casual friendly so it may have just been he didn't really want to be metadecking against someone trying to make an Ogremon deck work, lol.

// Digimon Deck List
1 Mihiramon BT13-053
2 Gennai BT14-088
2 Analog Youth EX1-066
4 Mother D-Reaper EX2-007
4 Antylamon EX4-029
2 Indramon EX5-009
2 Sandiramon EX5-010
1 Pajiramon EX5-011
2 Zhuqiaomon EX5-013
1 Majiramon EX5-021
4 Azulongmon EX5-024
1 Vajramon EX5-037
1 Vikaralamon EX5-038
1 Kumbhiramon EX5-040
2 Ebonwumon EX5-041
4 Sinduramon EX5-050
4 Caturamon EX5-051
2 Makuramon EX5-052
3 Baihumon EX5-053
4 Loyalty Deeper than the Sea EX5-071
3 Holy Beasts Great Cardinal Positions EX5-072
4 Fanglongmon EX5-074

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, I can't imagine actually playing Baihumon at this point.

I'm seeing people slot in Megagargo ACE

It just dawned on me that I had actually played against that deck once before because it completely steamrolled me. He used it in the recent Oceania Ultimate Cup and got third place, as well as playing it at the World Championships. Some of the better players at my local also recently started a youtube channel for deck profiles and stuff and it's nothing fancy in terms of editing or anything but they did do a deck profile of the Ultimate Cup version of the deck where he talks about his reasoning for Baihumon at the 9:30 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Y7Mv-RH-s

Super friendly guy as well. He was very forthcoming when I was getting into the game about deck building advice and helping source cards. He also runs a store meta tracking page which has a fun little leaderboard and other little tidbits like what decks perform well.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Personally it's always a delight to see a Marcus clown car ShineGreymon deck even though it has a 100% win rate against me.