Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

How was the Data Squad game on the PS2? Anyone played it? I feel like playing through a Digimon game but I don't know if I want to go through Dusk/Dawn again.

...I'm probably going to go through Dusk/Dawn again. They're worse then Korean MMOs when it comes to the grinding, but they still have neat battle systems and manage to be charming despite their many flaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Don't even bother with Data Squad, it's a really bad game. The battle system itself is weird, it's extremely grindy, the battles are slow and not fun, the later bosses feel endless with how much HP they have...

I'd stick to Dawn/Dusk, for whatever flaws they have they aren't nearly as bad as Data Squad. Or as Digimon Masters Online, I played that for a while then quit out of sheer rage because my eggs kept breaking and I kept losing the Dragon data I spent so much time farming. I just wanted a loving Guilmon, game! Is that too much to ask?!

I played Digimon Masters Online for way longer then I should have. It's the very definition of 'Korean grindfest' but for some dumb reason I stuck with it. I probably would have stayed with it longer, but the awful, awful translation ended up pushing me away.

The egg system was stupid too. I eventually just bought a drat Veemon egg off the cash shop to save myself some time and effort.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Eggs hatched, we got cast and Butter-fly and Brave Heart are in the series.

Love how goofy the digimons look :3:

Not really a Gatomon fan but she looks super super adorable here. :3:

The Digimon look a lot better in this style then I thought they would. Consider me hyped for this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Which Digimon was it that had One Vision?

Because that's the best Digimon song.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Something will happen towards the start to depower them so they can't go Mega right from the beginning.

Or they'll come up with some kind of new evolution method.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Grottomon would look way better without those dorky tattoos.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I liked 02. It had it's problems, but I still enjoyed it, for the most part.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I was fine with the grinding in Dawn/Dusk, battles were usually over quickly and easily.

My problem with the game was how awful every single map was.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

And yet people still bitch about how there's too many Pokemon. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm so desperate for a new Digimon game to play that I started 'playing' Digimon Heroes.

Is anyone else doing the same?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I played it for around three days before getting completely bored of it.

I've got a big Digimon itch that needs scratching and this'll have to do for now.

I just want to raise and fight with Digimon and watch them evolve and stuff. For now, it's either this or play through Dawn/Dusk for like the billionth time.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I've been farting around with Heroes but it's just not holding me. Need to get some proper digital eugenics (digi-genics) to scratch my itch.

So what digimon are you guys gonna go for ASAP? For me I'll always be a sucker for Etemon and his entire line, especially Metal Etemon, though I also love Lilimon and isn't one of the starters a Palmon?

I've got to rush for a Veemon in any Digimon game I play.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I dunno, right off the bat the american version seems more complete (as in explaining what the gently caress is Diaboromon's deal). I'll need to see the original version to see how it holds up, of course. Thanks.

Also holy poo poo, these are a fuckton of Veemons

Is he the digimon with the most variants/evolutions?

What's the kangaroo thing (bottom-right) and the angel looking monster (bottom left)?

Veemon is still my favorite Digimon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Who's that spikey haired hedgehog looking Digimon towards the right?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I regret making my awful joke now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I just started Cyber Sleuth a few days ago and I'm a little ways into it, Chapter 4 right now.

Is the game supposed to be this easy? I feel like I'm just steamrolling everything.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Do we have a Digimon gaming thread, and if not, any of y'all got any tips for Next Order?

I just got Taomon to come to the city and I feel like I'm barely scraping by here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know the game is grindy and I’m okay with that but both my ‘mons died while training up to face Machinedramon and am I really going to have to sit here grinding from egg to Mega in the training facility to be able to face him again or is there a faster or easier way I’m missing?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Petiso posted:

IIRC fighting a mon that's higher level than yours raise all their stats by the same amount the gym training raises 1 or 2 of them, it also doesn't consume 1 hour of ingame time and raises the battle count for your Digimon that's usually a requirement for stronger digivolutions so that's the more efficient way of training. The problem is finding a Digimon opponent that is alone (so it's easier and quicker to fight) and just the appropiate level so it raises all your stats without being a difficult fight, I remember using one of the Piddomon in the volcano for this for example, other thing to keep in mind is that it's harder to remove tiredness (you got your camping tent already?) and finding a WC while you're in the wild, of course.

I don't think you need Mega level Digimon for that Machinedramon, even if the battle seems pretty hard. Make sure you unlock the skill to defend with your Digimon and the one that nulls all damage while defending and make good use of it with the Digimon Machinedramon focuses on while the other one builds up damage.

I didn't need Mega after all. Turns out with enough Strength and HP, Machinedramon becomes an absolute joke. :v:

Trying to spend some time farming bits and stuff to upgrade the city with now before these two die off (Doumon and MetalGreymon Blue).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This Agumon at the start of the Wastelands is a really unfunny joke lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shouldn't 'Perfect' be a final stage? Like, you can't get better than perfect!