Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Here's to hoping they completely ignore S2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

I needed this. I didn't know I did, but now I know the error of my ways.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

aers posted:

5/4 17:00 Adventure 1-19
5/5 17:00 Adventure 20-38
5/6 16:00 Adventure 39-54
5/6 22:45 tri Event

39-54 is roughly 6~ hours so they'll probably pad it a bit and start the tri stuff shortly after it ends.

That leaves no space for 02 to run, I am content.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

zimbomonkey posted:

this game reminded me how much I miss my favorite PSX game of all time.

No, not Digimon World, Monster Rancher 2.

Good taste.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

nine-gear crow posted:

Goddramon giveth, and Goddramon taketh away: Netflix announced yesterday that it's pulling Adventure, 02, and Tamers on August 1st, of all days.
That sucks, seems like Netflix is pulling a lot lately.
Also ps4 Cyber Sleuth is awesome.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Razzled posted:

I'm rewatching the original series on netflix. What do I watch after that to prepare for adventure tri. ?

Season 3, then lament season 2.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Really like how sharp the animation looks on the 'mons. Varied thickness of the outlines and nice shading in motion. Awesome.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Considering they made 02 ending cannon they'll be fine.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
This was good.
Joe not being around makes sense to me. Fits his character. Izzy crushing hard on Mimi is awesome, especially since she pretty much noticed first thing. TK/Hikari relationship is adorable, glad they are pushing the platonic best friends angle and not a back and forth "We obviously like each other" bit
The Alphamon fight was brutal in the best way. Giant monster film feel is spot on though. The fact someone on the team is noticing that is a nice touch. Happened in the first season but it didn't really click with the whole end of the world looming.

APRIL IS TOO FAR.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
How much you want to bet The new cat digimon is the twin of the Red version that's been in the background and that it's causing the tears?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm afraid I'll have to destroy that idea. The other Digimon is Hackmon, someone who has already existed since the Digimon Adventure PSP game, and definitely not someone with the power to cause that.

Sistermon can easily be the twin, Pre-evo.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Craptacular! posted:

I'll look into this game when they inevitably release the DLC to the wider audience. I know that sounds petty, but I basically never spend more than $35 on a game anyway and gently caress that poo poo. With a licensed game, and especially with a Bandai licensed game since I played a lot of those in the SNES/PS1 era, I need some sort of assurances that it's not garbage.

It's pretty solid, quite a few translation issues but nothing that breaks the game. There's more than a bit of grinding but that's a Digimon Story game.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I have no issues with that, Greymon is loving awesome :colbert:

Garurumon in comparison has gotten the short end of the stick.

weregarurumon X and MetalGarurumon X are still freaking awesome looking. Most X type digimon don't look like they fit In.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

TFRazorsaw posted:

but in all seriousness

He died in the real world, like Wizarmon. He's not being reborn this time.

Yup, he done dead for good. Though I really wish they would have went with the Saberleomon route if he was actually infected.2 on 1 turns in to a 2 on 2. Ah well, only so much time.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
God drat HerculesKabuterimon went down like a champ. Wish he had more time on screen though.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

TFRazorsaw posted:

wonder how long it'll be before it gets shut down.

Pretty sure this is classified as a fan project. No money is exchanging hands from the looks of it.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
NextOrder chat: Brick walling in chapter one, Red Veggies can critically injure my ultimates. Power creep is still present. Having fun but I'd kill to be able to upgrade my gym right now. Lilymon and SilverTaomon kicking some rookie butt.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

mateo360 posted:

I don't think there is one :shrug:

Trainer failure goes up if they poop themselves. Haven't seen anything else trigger it yet.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I wonder if level is more like average stats totaled at 10000 per or something. So a level 1 only has around x amount of total stats under the level threshold. So a 20 could be 20k total state points.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

mateo360 posted:

I wouldn't call that a failure since it plays into digivolution requirements

TF = Trainer Failure? Or is it Toilet Failure?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Tamers is the best Digimon series. Adventure 1 is the most fun. Not a big fan of Savers or Frontier. XRoss Wars was silly and Hunters was almost as bad as Adventure 2.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Will be playing today after work.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Has anyone hit Light or Void resource missions yet? I'm 9 fields in and really want an Aquilamon.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Saves time on making new game models. Load up its original, change a texture, compile.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Adventure reset could introduce X types to the main line.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Hoping for a return of Armor Digivolutions.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Burkion posted:

So, I just got Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete for the Switch

I know there's some way to bust the farming and XP grind- what was it again?

Put it in sleep mode with the game on when not playing.
Other than that PlatinumNumemon and tactician USBs. You can get the USBs by building 1000 yen projects, saving right before it finishes and save scumming.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Mad that Machindramon isn't the temporary cannon mega. A few episodes of alternate megas would be cool. But the slide evolution was cool. Would be neat if we just got more forms for different situations.
Also Patamon!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Omnicrom posted:

I'm going to be cynically pragmatic and say that if Mugendramon had its cannons it probably would have used them instead of firing wildly with what I assume is Catastrophe D. That means it would be a little harder to justify DanDevimon surviving repeated hits, and also means it probably wouldn't have accidentally endangered Yamato and Takeru. Dropping the cannons by using an alternate design makes it easier for the fight to be able to do what is necessary for the plot.

Also it felt like an incomplete evolution, like it was still finalizing its form. At least that's the feel from it being one solid color mass.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Oh man I want that play mat.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Found some Digimon TCG decks in the wild for cheap(11 USD) ! Blue MetalGarurumon and Seraphim on decks. Not impressed with the card stock but the art is adorable. Got an alt art Blitzagreymon from the boosters in the box.

Now to figure out who plays in the area.

This season has been more lows and highs.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Trip report : Card game fun and really fast paced. Definately wanna get more cards to build something more than starter decks.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Digimon meets Persona x FF Tactics is kind of the vibe I got. Persona in regards to the Visual Novel segments being about interpersonal stuff amongst the team and FFT for the game play.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I would not object to this.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Didn't get a chance to play in the NA prerelease this weekend. Did anyone else? D Reaper deck sounds too drat fun, to bad we're like a year back from that.

Kortel fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 24, 2021

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Some Numbers posted:

I tried, but my store had their store champs scheduled the same night somehow. However, they still let us buy entry to the prerelease and raffled off the Pulsemon, which I won! I ended up just buying a box and cracked a Beelstarmon, an AA Bond of Friendship and some other good stuff.

Not a bad night!
I'm surprised they let you guys buy boxes! I called the three shops down here and they're sticking to the official release dates. Kinda sucks that in my city we have like 14 cardgame/comic shops and only 3 do the Digimon TCG.
The closest one to me is a 40 minute drive without traffic.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Just hard cast your Omnimon Zwart Defeat from hand to the field. Nothing can go wrong.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

The Bee posted:

Is this a hard once per turn or a soft once per turn? Hitting a lucky streak and using your Optimizer to cheat out another Optimizer, who then cheats out another Reaper card, could be a terrifying game swing.

From what I've seen with other decks it's Once Per Turn on that card specifically. So you can definately cascade in to others.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

This is the same game that makes Bastemon cannon for Lilithmon. Grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I can see Blue Card becoming a deck staple for non-warp cards.
That Gallantmon feels like a hard purple counter.