Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Digimon the movie is my loving poo poo. The dub is definitely was makes this series. I hated season 3 or tamers as a kid, but if I watch it now should I watch it dubbed or in japanese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

As someone who has never watched the US dub and everything he's read about it makes him sick, I have to wonder why people defend it so much. I have to defend my own Latin American dub though, directly from the Japanese version and masterfully dubbed, though with a bit of confusion over which names to use (they always stuck to the same, but it was a weird mix of original and dub names). Apparently Savers was dubbed from the US version, but by that time I was already watching subs anyways.

All four main characters (Takato, Ruki, Jen, Ryo) in Tamers get Matrix Evolution/a Mega form, as does Impmon. While Takato gets a form beyond it in Crimson Mode, it's used once and just everyone reaching Mega was a massive step in the right direction from how main character-centric Adventure and 02 were. And then Frontier was even worse, and Savers gave all four mains the super mode and it was great.

And then Xros Wars was weird and gave two out of three a Super Evolution. Poor Nene. At least the manga rectified it and even Akari and Zenjirou get to evolve Digimon.

Ok well I also agree with you because I was a border kid so I literally would watch both and the Spanish version owned.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So whats the deal with this show. When is it actually premiering.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Want to re watch tamers, but haven't seen it since my childhood (English and Spanish). My question is what dub should I listen to? Japanese or English

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I liked 02 alot as a kid. The rewatch has been real rough though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
gently caress all that just watch digimon: the movie because it's the best goddamn dub ever.

Thank you for visiting meow dot com

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think everyone in this thread is showing too much of their power level and should stop imo.

I watched the first 3 episodes(?) of this and about to watch the last one, and aside from being disappointed that we won't get anything new until March or April, I thoroughly enjoyed this. When that intro hit in the first episode it sent me back (LATINO DIGIMON FANS UNITE). So loving awesome.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Watched determination and it was good. Liked it a bunch but it still sucks we have to wait such a long time for the next one. It wouldn't be so bad if these were like full length movies each with its own contained story, instead of just basically releasing it piece meal but it is what it is.

Also this page got really stupid really fast.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man who the gently caress cares

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Covok posted:

Just saw Determination. Man, that got loving brutal at the end. Poor Leomon. Dead in the human world is a bad fate.

Also, the big ultimate evolution thing could have been done a little better. It was a little too compressed, but I get why they did it that way: the show has always been more about the character's personal growth than the action.

That loving heel turn, btw. I though Mei might have been behind it, but drat.

Also, anyone else see that smirk on Himi-whateverhernameis' face when Mei went loving Jason Vorhes on Leomon? There is clearly some poo poo going on there.

So, if all the 02 guys have been turned evil, doesn't that mean a lot of them are a lot smaller of a threat since they can't even go Ultimate/Perfect without Hikari and T.K?

I think my main issue with the series is that cutting what was clearly meant to be a 1:30 movie into four parts fucks with the pacing. Even if you watch them back to back, it's noticeable. It should just be put out as one movie in the west, as I'm sure it was in the East. I guess they had their reasons. Quicker to release in chunks?

The boob jiggle on Rosemon was really unnecessary.

How many more movies are we going to get out of Tri?

Himekawa is most definitely behind this poo poo. She just happens to leave meicoomon behind alone?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mikeycp posted:

The first half of Digimon the Movie owns real hard.

Word. Its the loving best

E: who would have thought that digimon the movie would incorporate many of the meme songs of today....

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hurricane touchdown isn't good dubbed or subbed. But digimon the movie dub is forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly tri sucked, there was a moment where it could have been good, but it really missed the mark on a lot of stuff. This new movie looks more in line of what I wanted from tri, but here's hoping.