Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm more worried about the Virus line being the Vaccine line but blue/black instead of something genuinely cool (SkullGreymon and Mugendramon both canonically come from Agumon, don't waste that!) than about the Data line being or not being a bunch of Tyranomons to be perfectly honest.

I'm concerned about both, but more resigned to the Virus line just being the Blue/Black Vaccine line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I know the attention will be on the Chaosdramon cards, and rightfully so for right now, but I'm pleasantly surprised by that new Cyberdramon. I wasn't expecting Justimon support from this set, and it would be really cool to get a full new line (including a new Justimon Arm).

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

It’s the dragon themed set so I’m not so sure about Justimon showing up

Most of the line is Dramons, though. That's why Cyberdramon is here.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Golux posted:

Hydramon's ability seems like it might be powerful but it also might be too hard to set up.

Also it amuses me that the four great dragons are all based on cheating them in to last for only one turn.

The Bloomlordmon evo line from BT10 is really, really good at setting up Hydramon.

Here's one card that was left out because of the huge drop, a new version of Parasaurmon:

quote:

Parasaurmon
Champion | Virus | Dinosaur

[Your Turn] When you would play a Green Digimon card, by suspending this Digimon, reduce its play cost by 1
ESS: [Your Turn](once per turn) When an effect suspends your Digimon, suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon

It's good, I like it. Unfortunately, it's neither Vegetation or Fairy, so you can't use Parasaurmon as part of Hydramon's effect, however it's a decent enough mid-stage, that's a strong ESS. It's just...I dunno, I guess the third champion? Sunflowmon and RedVegiemon are too important to the deck to play at less than 4 each.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Tbh unless there’s a rotation coming soon I’d rather have Argomon (Champion) for the Digisorption

My immediate thought for #3 is either this for the effect or Namakemon for the search. I'm not sure if Champion level digisorption is really worth it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RevolverDivider posted:

The trial deck just seems way too slow and durdly to get going against most decent decks.

I expect there's something they haven't revealed yet, because with just the leaked support it doesn't even function.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Golux posted:

which trial deck?

Trial of the Four Great Dragons.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

So these tie the deck together pretty well

Veedramon is great, look at these great bulky guys.

Also no surprise on the Rush, I think it's necessary for the deck to function. Aeroveedramon playing Trial for free is wild given how expensive Trial is.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Omnicrom posted:

It's Tier 1.

No Joke.

D-Reaper is kind of a bellwether for deck construction in the meta, if you don't have enough ways to keep them under control and/or enough speed to beat them before the seven card kill limit and/or some way to clear an active ADR-09/enough security attack to get around it you just lose. It remains a consistent threat in the Japanese meta-game even to this day.

Ehhh, I wouldn't really call it a consistent threat. It's strong, sure, but it fell off HARD once BT9 comes out and never really recovered. It's no Yellow Hybrid.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Searchers are a pretty popular filler card. You draw a card for one memory and have a body you can rest for green effects/pop for purple effects. It’s very common to see people run Alice McCoy with Searcher for because you can pop it’s one drop body for a digivolution discount

I once saw a Grandis deck use it for digisorption AND Alice, it was pretty disgusting.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
This was a fun episode, but honestly it's hard to care, because not only was there no Larmortmon this week, it looks like Lamortmon isn't showing up next week either.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
They also started revealing the Examon line.

quote:

Bebydomon EX3-001 U
In-Training | Baby Dragon

-----
Inherited: [All turns] [Once per turn] When this Digimon has [dramon] or [Examon] in its name and becomes unsuspended, it gets +1000 DP for the turn.

quote:

Dracomon EX3-037 U
Rookie | Data | Dragon

[Digivolve: 0 from [Bebydomon]]

[On Play] Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Add 1 Blue or Green card with [dramon] in its name and 1 card with [Examon] in its name among them to your hand. Return the remaining cards to the bottom of the deck in any order.
-----
Inherited: [All turns] [Once per turn] When one of your Digimon with [dramon] or [Examon] in its name becomes suspended, it gets +1000 DP for the turn.

The egg is bad, but the rookie is pretty good. It's a fairly standard digger, but the ESS is a bit weak I think.

girl dick energy posted:

Giving effects that incentivize killing the card to characters that canonically die is one of my favorite stupid licensed CCG gags. Has that been done with Decoy yet?

No, but there is this.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 26, 2022

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The new Darkdramon is here.

quote:

Darkdramon EX3-054 SR
Mega | Virus | Cyborg / D-Brigade

When your Digimon would digivolve into this card, by returning at most 5 cards with [D-Brigade] in its traits from your trash to the top of your deck, for each returned card, reduce digivolution cost to pay by -1.

[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) When your other Digimon with [D-Brigade] in its traits is played, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost lower than or equal to the played Digimon's play cost, and unsuspend this Digimon.

This is very good. Evolve for free by setting up Tankdramon and Sealsdramon's inheritables, multiswing, removal. It's good.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

It’s alright but the card art is cool.

What I do like is this set is showing off the sheer variety of dragons in Digimon. Dragons can be funny little guys, or have a gun, or be plant monsters, or be a cyborg, or be a furry cat thing.

I like this digimon, but it has a lot of very good competition for its own deck. There's probably something I'm not seeing. Agreed about the variety in dragons, it's really cool.

Maybe this is where SymbareAngoramon comes in?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elfgames posted:

no the dragon is the lobster it evolves into
Yeah, this is a lobster dragon.

quote:

Ebidramon
Champion | Data | Aquatic
[On Play] 1 of your blue Digimon gains <Blocker> until the end of your opponent's turn. If this card was played from Digivolution Sources, unsuspend that Digimon.

So a quick note about this lobster dragon. I'm pretty sure you're only playing this guy from sources using the new Plesiomon and options. (King)Whamon and MetalPiranimon can't.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
FISH FISH FISH. THE WORLD IS NOT FISH, IT MUST BECOME FISH.

quote:

Aegisdramon
Mega | Vaccine | Cyborg
[When Digivolving] You may play 1 blue lvl 3 Digimon or a digimon card with 'Seadramon' in it's name or with 'Aquatic' in its traits from the Digivolution cards of 1 of your blue Digimon without paying its play cost.
[Opponent's turn] (Once per turn) When your opponent plays a Digimon, activate 1 of this digimon's [When Digivolving] effects.

The fish flood will be unreal. This rules, it truly is Whamon's time to shine.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
We also got Breakdramon last night, and I really like this so far.

quote:

Breakdramon EX3-044 R
Mega | Virus | Machine Dragon

[Digivolve: 3 from [Groundramon] or [Wingdramon]]

[All Turns] (Once Per Turn) When this Digimon becomes suspended, suspend 1 of your opponent's Digimon.

[All Turns] (Once Per Turn) When 1 of your Digimon with [dramon] or [Examon] in its name deletes an opponent's Digimon in battle and survives, trash 1 card from the top of your opponent's security stack.
---
Inherited: [All Turns] (Once Per Turn) When 1 of your Digimon with [dramon] or [Examon] in its name deletes an opponent's Digimon in battle and survives, trash 1 card from the top of your opponent's security stack.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

As everyone without poo poo taste does. Also I don't disagree with what was pointed out, the moment Meicoomon appeared and asked why that was happening to him, my only thought was that the Tri one had done enough to deserve being unpersoned.

It also feels weirdly meta, considering how Tri was essentially ignored by Last Evolution instead of continuing the plot threads it left.

It's really weird, man.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

Yugioh eventually gave up on trying to effectively translate all the name puns, and sometimes new cards will be printed with rules text that says (This is always counted as a "Blue-Eyes" card.) or whatever. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Digimon ends up needing to do the same thing.

Digimon, like Yugioh, also gets in trouble for the deliberate mistranslations that they stuck with (see KendoGarurumon, mentioned above.)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
New cards, and these ones are really cool.

quote:

Kurihara Hina EX3-065 R
[Start of your turn] If your opponent has a Digimon, gain 1 memory.

[Your Turn] When your Digimon would digivolve into a Digimon with [Rock Dragon], [Earth Dragon], [Machine Dragon] or [Sky Dragon] in its traits, by suspending this Tamer, perform 1 of the [On Play] effect of that Digimon.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.

--------
Rock Dragons: Vorvomon, Lavorvomon, Lavogaritamon
Earth Dragons: Groundramon, Volcanicdramon
Machine Dragons: Breakdramon, Jazardmon, Jazarichmon
Sky Dragons: Wingdramon, Metallicdramon, Canoweissmon

quote:

Metallicdramon EX3-053 SR
Mega | Data | Sky Dragon

[On Play] <De-digivolve 1> all of your opponent's Digimon. Then, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost of 5 or less. If this effect could not delete any Digimon, all of your opponent's unsuspended Digimon cannot digivolve until your opponent's next turn ends.

[Opponent's Turn] When you have a Tamer, this Digimon gains <Blocker> and <Reboot>.

quote:

Laser Cannon EX3-071 C

[Main] <De-digivolve 1> 1 of your opponent's Digimon. Then, delete 1 of your opponent's Digimon with a play cost of 5 or less.
---
[Security] Perform [Main] effect.

I'm a big fan of these cards.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
We've got rookies for Volcanicdramon and Metallicdramon!

quote:

Vorvomon
Rookie / Virus / Rock Dragon

[Your turn] [Once per turn] When you play [Kurihana Hina], delete one of your opponent's Digimon with 3000 DP or less.
-----
Inherited: [When Attacking] If this Digimon has an [On Play] effect, delete one of your opponent's Digimon with 3000 DP or less.

quote:

Jazamon EX03-047 U
Rookie / Data / Bird Dragon

[Your turn] [Once per turn] When you play [Kurihana Hina], gain 1 memory.
-----
Inherited: [Both Turns] If this Digimon has an [On Play] effect, this Digimon gains 1000 DP.
These are cool cards. The black rookie seems more immediately impactful, since making Hina a 2 cost is better than deleting a rookie. I'm curious to see what the level 4s and 5s do.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Yeah, they gave us Wormmon, Shadramon, Dinobeemon, and Fighter Mode last night, but I genuinely don't care about anything Imperial related, so instead I'm gonna draw attention to the other thing they shared with us last night: the pack art for BT11!

So these three are the partner Digimon from the main trio of Digimon World Re:Digitize! I'm pretty excited about this for a couple reasons. First off, I want a playable Gaomon and Biyomon line, that would be great. Second, the main character of Re:Digitize is Taiga, which means that this is the time.

It's time for Jogress RustTyrannomon.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

DNA Rusty ain’t happening, calling it here.

I would settle for a good line, even if it isn't Jogress. I just think Jogress is the best way to get a bunch of nice inheritables on him.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Paildramon also nets you a free Dinobeemon from trash. The really good effect is the inheritable, being able to attack unsuspended ‘mons is a rare and powerful effect

Additionally, FM having piercing means you're getting a complete boardwipe, a pierce, and if I remember correctly, a card trashed from security. It's quite strong, but it does pass over a lot of memory.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

Not much memory, actually. It’s 2 for the initial level 4 evo, 2 for the second, then two DNAs so those are free, then one 2 memory evo for DM>FM. A boardwipe + a chonky boi that floats into your set up condition for only six memory is pretty memory efficient

Yeah, but that's passing at minimum 4, right? That's not great.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RevolverDivider posted:

It’s a weirdly cynical self loathing movie about how you shouldn’t like Digimon anymore and should go get a job as a salaryman.

It has a few cool ideas and good scenes but the theme is massively bungled

No, it isn't.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I was already thinking about building Examon, and I'm DEFINITELY building it now. That gimmick is so cool.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Funky Valentine posted:

Finally Digimon has it's own answer to SMT Mara.

Please, this is clearly an Arioch.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Next week's episode is a Ruri focused episode entitled Werewolf. I swear to god, Toei, this better be Lamortmon.

I will be so upset if it isn't.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Bee posted:

Yeah. That'd be, what. The third red herring, after the Myotismon episode and the cursed sword episode?

Don't forget Digitamamon!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Bee posted:

I figure not every spotlight episode will necessarily be a Digivolution episode. But the theming of vampires (a savage beast with an arguably batlike look and a rather European name) and cursed swords (a literal swordsman whose cruel, bloodthirsty instincts have come out in full force) feel like such natural fits that they almost have to be intentional misdirections.

No, I agree. It's the context of the Digitamamon episode that made it a good candidate for Lamortmon's appearance. Angoramon's old, very close friend coming to the human world, but being a monster who refuses to stop eating people is a perfect scenario for a less-than-controlled digivolution.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
https://twitter.com/digimon_tcg/status/1550314690537873408

quote:

New update to the Restriction List is coming in mid-August according to the official DCG Twitter account. Some changes may affect the English side of things first.

Oh gently caress, a banlist is dropping.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Some Numbers posted:

As someone who's hit Tommy in Security with an AncientGreymon, he's the most frustrating thing.

Also his ESS is honestly the worst part.

JetSilphy is undeniably the reason yellow Hybrid is a deck at all

Also restrictions are worse than bans.

There are a few cards at 1 copy that they absolutely should have banned (HPD, Ice Wall, Reinforcing, etc., etc.)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RevolverDivider posted:

Those decks had to die but we really need some hits to Xros Heart with the rest of the JP bans otherwise it easily reaches tier 0

We have EN format specific restrictions right now. August 22 is when they'll announce the JP format hits.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Finally, Lamortmon. This was an interesting episode, because I appreciate a lot about what it was doing, but I don't think it actually fully came together the way they intended it to. Lamortmon behaved the way you would expect, but there's no character reason for Angoramon to shift into that sort of attitude; certainly, Ruri was in danger, but not really in any more danger than usual? There was no cursed sword loving up Angoramon, and there was no tragedy like Digitamamon, or anything like that.

Still, it was a good episode, and I'm glad they finally did the thing they should have done weeks ago.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Elfgames posted:

i super disagree. the point is that there isn't a reason. Lamortmon isn't a reasonable digimon who goes berserk because of anger or sadness he's a destructive barely contained monster

I think that makes sense normally, but this is so character focused that I don't think a Digimon that is incidentally berserk makes sense.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m playing Digimon Survive on my Switch right now. There certainly are good production values for a VN

I'm gonna have to wait until Monday, which is a bummer. At least I've got other stuff to do, I guess.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blockhouse posted:

2- this is not exactly a performance intensive game

That's never stopped a switch version of a multiplatform game from running like dogshit before. As always, look it up before diving in.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Wait, is Harmony tied to vaccine? I figured that would be tied to Moral. E: OK cool, glad I was right about that. Gonna stick with Harmony then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Larryb posted:

In that case I wonder if the characters will ever actually go there then, it happens in most of the seasons at least (even Appmon did it)

I think the plot is probably going to have them go to the digital world to search for Hiro's dad eventually.

I'm with Omnicrom though, this show is basically exactly my jam, I'll keep watching it as long as they keep making it, plot or no plot.