Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Sorry ya'll but Adventure 02 loving owns. It's just kinda...different from how Tamers owns. While Tamers tells a great story and is mostly serious, 02 is just so loving weird at times that it wraps back around. It's easy to let nostalgia blind you to the fact that everyone is actually really well characterized and they all act pretty consistently (even if in Davis' case that doesn't always mean much). The english dub also makes the show a LOT better, I have no idea why there are people that insist on seeing digimon in the original Japanese because the dubs are what give them a lot of their flavour and fun. Part of that in 02 is seeing how Ken becomes an actual kid again, balancing the weight of his "oh god I did genocide how do I make this right" with the more down to earth "hey how do I friends" which helps make that plot and arc a lot more palatable, both when watching it as a kid and when going back as an adult to make Ken more relatable.

And then there's Davis. His arc of well meaning doofus into a moron so massive that Azulongmon's reaction to the first time Davis talks to him is "Oh. You must be Davis. I have to go now."

Frankly, if you don't like 02 then you just plain don't like stupid fun. It's not high art, it's not going to change your life. It's Digimon. Have fun and enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU