Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seiyal posted:

Site’s been overloaded since the comic dropped and has crashed at least once so it may be later in the day before they fix the access to the site.

That's what I figured, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Seekers has been over for a while now

Oh, does it get any better then?

Anyway, finally got a chance to read Liberator. Digimon meets SAO is not what I was expecting but it seems interesting enough (the site reader loving sucks though)

Have they said anything about an update schedule for this comic yet?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 25, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, that was tedious to scroll through (and images only seemed to load when you scrolled to them and slowly at that). I don’t understand why they have to make the site extra flashy like this as opposed to something like the Dreamers website which was way more user friendly

Hope someone uploads the comics elsewhere because this is going to be a pain in the rear end to keep reading if they don’t do something about the interface (which is a shame because the comic itself seems pretty decent so far)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Bee posted:

Yeah, idk if its an anti piiracy measure or just broke code, but I hope Bandai recognizes that this needs to change. They at least addressed the initial hammering of the servers, so I'm hoping they'll be receptive and patch things before the next update.

Welp, there's our answer.

Well that's stupid and needs to change ASAP, Bandai seems to have a bad habit of shooting themselves in the foot

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 25, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Now they have. The comics will come out once every two weeks, and the novel chapters once every three months.

Didn’t know there was a novel as well, is it connected to the comics at all or at least better translated than Seekers was?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Bee posted:

We know Zenith will have a presence in both stories, and it's about bug testers investigating the odd turns the game is taking. Unsure of any other crossover. Chapters come every 3 months, so it'll probably be both more robust in length and better translated than Seekers. But we won't know til a chapter comes.

Oh ok so the first chapter of the novel version isn't out yet then

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oh that’s way better, thanks. Novel sounds interesting too, I imagine that’ll probably start next month or something since there’s no mention of a release date (that I could find anyway)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Impmon finally getting a proper evo line and it being based off Guilmon makes a weird amount of sense and is an insane deep cut reference too. Impmon was originally supposed to be the hero Digimon of Tamers and Konaka vetoed it in favour of Guilmon because he thought Impmon looked too much like a little punk to be a proper series lead and wanted a more child-friendly hero instead. Guilmon steals Impmon's starring role, so Impmon steals Guilmon's whole evolution line. It's like poetry.

23 years later and my boy's finally getting his due :allears:

Not only that but he’s gonna be the main Digimon of the Liberator novel as well (with a female Tamer no less)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems like the website has been loading much faster as of late too, do we have an idea of when the next comic or the first chapter of the novel is coming out yet?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speak of the devil, here's the next comic:

https://digimoncard.com/digimon_lib...TSh%2B4nsX20%3D

Seems they fixed the website a bit and things load much faster now, but if anyone's still having trouble here's an alternate link:

https://globalcomix.com/c/digimon-liberator/chapters/en/3/1

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Has there been any further word on when the Liberator novel is going to start yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice, hope the translation’s better than Seekers