Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Excited to see what Tri will entail. Been a few years since I've seen Adventure and Adventure 02. There on Netflix so may run through those quickly for grins. I do wonder if they're going to do 50 some odd episodes as those 2 seasons have for go for quality and shorten it to 26 as the norm. But like to see what crazy digimon they got for us this time. Past few seasons like the digimon they brought in but come on, give us the full royal knights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You can't never had enough Royal Knights :colbert:

Plus, it would be very interesting if Tai&Mat Omnimon and Davis Magnamon were Royal Knights. The sudden clash of ideologies would made for a very interesting story.

What if the adventure 02 digidestined sans Kari and TK were the enemies of tri. You forgot about us in the anime so we'll make sure they'll pay. Book that down toei.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

So far through Adventure through Saban dub, like only 5 songs so you get happy cheery mood when Greymon digivolves to Metalgreymon, attacks Myotismon and misses both attacks and dedigivolves and happy music is done. Still holds up decently in rewatching again though that it isn't too cringe worthy.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Finished Adventure 02. I used to like 02 over the original series but this viewing has changed it. Pacing just dragged on. Not as bad as Digimon Hunters but it's a lot of episodes that could've been thrown aside to get to the point. As cool as seeing MagnaAngemon, that episode is complete who gives a poo poo except Cody knowing why TK hates evil digimon. Lot of the episodes could have been condensed. As much as I love the WarGreymon battle, the whole point of BlackWarGreymon and Oikawa being unnatural could've been fit into the next episode where BlackWarGreymon died. Pacing and continuity needed to be worked on better.

But gives Tri ideas with how Digimon and Humanity co-exist since Humans know Digimon exists, 2 relationships of Matt/Sora and TK/Kari to develop, how about returning to Daemon and Dragomon since they're thrown in by one of the writers and then ignored, and how in the 2020s mullets return in style with TK having one.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 9, 2015

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Astro Nut posted:

The various series do have minor ship tease moments, like the angry couple scene in Savers, and Olegmon calling Nene Taiki's girlfriend, stuff like that. But as said, minor stuff, usually just for the occasional gag more than anything else, which can also just be read as kids being awkward because kids.

I'd be honestly surprised if Tri particularly wanted to delve too deep on that sort of thing, but then, you never know.

If it is going to go for a more adult audience then I can't see why not. We have the end result told us. A good time to delve deeper into that.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKoh5nBxfGw
"Why do you all get the pizza, while I get the crust!?"

We need a thread of the best 'this dub sure has taken liberties'.

VA fits perfectly for the time. Paul St. Peter so he did his macho meathead joking poo poo with Duke Nukem and then this.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

God if ALL of these are coming to theater, they're going to take forever to get a State side release.

Well if it gets enough attention and loving Nickelodeon doesn't sit on their rear end about it we could get it a little quicker. Look at DBZ Battle of Gods that took over a year, and now Resurrection of F will only take a few months because how much interest was shown from BoG. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I just watched and saw the beginning how 02 was hosed really hard. Wonder if that was just saying hey most of you didn't like 02 so we're throwing a bone to you guys or (most likely) they'll be a plot device that they need to save them or they're in some way responsible for the space distortion. I kind of like 02 and can live with it so I'm interested to see.

I also like how they're balancing of what the original series was and what the characters have become and how everyone interacts. It's refreshing to see a more mature group of Digimon handlers rather than the kids we always go in the previous series'.

Looking from the picture, it looks like BlackImperialdramon which maybe the infection caused the mega evolution of Veemon and Wormon with a twist, or could be something entirely different. Lot of questions still to be answered but it's a good setup for the next set of episodes and excited for it.

Also Izzy working with an associate in America with this virtual hub for the Digimon... is it Willis? Is Digimon The Movie new canon? :aaaaa:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Oh hey Team Four Star did an abridged version of Digimon The Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMzLUVSzsuE

Probably follows the story better than Digimon the Movie. And yes this is TFS's joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Did not expect End of Evangelion to jump into Digimon. I was half expecting Komm Susser Todd to start and everyone becomes tang. I take it that crazy fusion has no name at the moment cause holy poo poo. If the final movie plays wants to end on it's feet, it's going to have to put in a lot of effort and wrap quite a bit of loose ends, but after this movie and if they're targeting summer next year then that gives them time to do it right.