Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

Frontier had promise, but by like halfway through the series it completely invalidated all but the two male leads. As all of the other ones had to give their power to them. Man gently caress Frontier.

Haha go back and re watch that poo poo. in the first few episodes of a Digimon show you usually get each character having their episode where they save the day, frontier does this differently. Even when the others get their Digivolution moment the Male lead comes in to loving save them. No that show is bad from go and honestly only gets better when the other characters stop trying and just give the leads their power, That's a pretty common thing in Digimon .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TFRazorsaw posted:

Mastemon, a jogress evolution of Angewomon and LadyDevimon, premiering in Cyber Sleuth.

That's just a Lady Lucimon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Classy Hydra posted:

Grottomon's design-shape looks a little off to me, but on an individual basis I actually like it a lot for what it's worth. His hat, big honkin' nose and shoulderpads make an interesting profile, and I can totally look at it and say, "yep, this is a dwarf".

To be pedantic for no reason at all, i'm pretty sure he's a gnome, you know an earth spirit.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the 02movie was awful but man i love Imperialdramon Paladin mode.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

Marvel as they all keep their hands in their pockets like a kid on stage who was never taught where to keep his hands when giving a speech.

Anyhoo, designs look good.

i mean arata wears a blue onesie with a coat cape that is not a "good" design

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
it is, you are. optional content bosses are about the only thing difficult

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

This is just getting more and more fanfiction-y each movie, isn't it?

every mega digimon has a description stating how it's the ultimate blank that does something better than anything else

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
So grace novamon has Examon's huge file size shtick and jessmon's swordfeet

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
yeah but those are kinda dumb too also they aren't swordfeet

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I am Hype for Ulforce Veedramon Future mode

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
so i just watched movie 2 and uhh man there was no build up to the mega evolutions at.all.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
well it has lady devimon's exceptionally large arm

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TFRazorsaw posted:

Wikimon needs to get better people to check etymology of these things, then.

http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Ordinemon ahahaha even digimon wiki knows

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i feel like a good chunk of the legendary warriors design was really bad though

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

The only ones I don't like are the first Fusion forms that Takuya and Kouji get, cause they are ridiculously lazy(they should have just given the while group the Ancient Spirits as an upgrade and then later give the main 2 the special 5 Spirit fusions)

one of them is just a giant sepheroth and it's supposed to be a beast grumble mon's beast form is aso really uninspired also kazemon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

patamon put on like 20 pounds between adventure and tri

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

Fat patamon is better

I'll fight you

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is more that I would've expected them to pick Angewomon for that, not a literal demon. :v:

should have been pidomon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

So my point stands. Nothing we've seen in Tri justifies Omnimon needing some new form change.

the justification is that form changes are cool also and especially in adventure "did you learn some sort of friendship lesson?"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Probably Valdurmon or Valkyriemon instead

well now i want to see banchouvalkyriemon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Executioner sword with inscription: When I raise this sword, so I wish that this poor sinner will receive eternal life.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

Slash Angemon might be mine

I discovered him back in, like, 2002 thanks to Digimon World 3 and holy poo poo, he's the most anime protagonist thing ever.

He's all metal and blades with blade wings and giant swords for hands and it's just hilarious

He's like what a really overexcited child would design to make Angemon WAY COOLER

same. but also floramon, it's a cute flower with a kitty face

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Floramon has been in lots of stuff. It's one of those Digimon that never had a starring role but always seems to be around.

it needs a staring role

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i'd love a good protag tyranomon too

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i did not remember that, that's hosed up japan gatomon is an adult and v-mon is only a child!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I feel like tyrannomon would have gotten completely different evolutions (or at least like metal greymon they'd be different colored) if he was ever a protag digimon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Agomon PhD. and TA Terriermon.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leraika posted:

Voted Hououmon because it has a chance of being great, and Lilithmon because it has a very good chance of being terrible.

same but justimon and minervamon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

I much prefer when it starts as a Pokemon and turns into that Pokemon as a furry.

Wait poo poo that's Pokemon too.

digimon turns them into a knight more than a furry

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

Several, even.

There is a cowboy Satan digimon with laser gun fingers and revolvers for legs. And Deputymon.

man anyone who says pokemon is better than digimon can eat my whole rear end.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Tyrannomon X is the best design out of all of them.

he is but i think his tail is just a bit too long also renamon would be better in a better pose

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Chimera-gui posted:

So Kenji Watanabe was interviewed about the creation of Omegamon MM: https://withthewill.net/threads/20970

I personally would have used Omegamon X and which would in turn de-digivolve to the X-Antibody versions of Agumon and Gabumon when the did was done.

it really should have ended with an angemon super ultimate

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
oh wow uh minervamon no

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

Someone figure out a way to make "DeviantArt fursona with several hundred pounds of scrap metal welded onto it" fit in a thread title.

Digimon thread: it's got digimon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Victorygreymon is a loving terrible design for anything other than some sort of sidegrade powerup for wargreymon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Terriermon X would look 100 times better without the fluffy fur IMO

terriermon and rapidmon both look kinda..bad and rapidmon wasn't great to begin with

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i want a digimon game with less digimon (usable, include all the others as baddies) stop trying to make digimon into pokemon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm down with cutting some of the recolors but I absolutely want as many unique digimons as possible, it's fun seeing the new designs!

i want to see new designs, i just don't need to have all of them playable

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

PMush Perfect posted:

Etemon's a sports announcer.the world's greatest elvis impersonator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
like the dub goes a bit too far with talking but man i loving miss digimon calling out attacks in the movies