Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Oh Gross, is that terrible artist who did Devil Survivor working on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

He's not a bad artist when he isn't trying to draw huge tits.

I dunno, lady on the right there has those same Perfectly Round Anti Gravity Tit-like objects that just make me laugh. Like it makes it seem like the artist has never actually seem a person let alone a titty.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

The one thing I cannot ever excuse, EVER, the dub for is the god awful music changes. If there was a way to get the dub lines with the Japanese music, you'd have my favorite version of the show.

This is just wrong.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The English Adventure soundtrack is the closest humanity has got to having a whole anime backed by Crush 40.

It is art.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Demidevimon -> Flawizardmon -> Mistymon -> Dynasmon

I like fire and the weird way Digimon artists draw stitching and bat/dragon wings.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

We just tied a big part of 02 lore to deepest adventure lore and explained away the wtf stuff from one of them. I dont expect them having a big role per se, but thheir defeat will deffo be looked at in the final movie and they'll get a fight scene.

Haven't gotten to the movie yet, did they finally explain what the Dark Ocean poo poo was?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Dark Masters aren't as strong because they aren't as prominent because they're not actually the villains here they're just cogs in the evil machine.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Because that worked out sooooo well when it was called Digimon Adventure 02 :v:

I mean it worked really well for Tamers. And Data Savers. And the first Xros Wars.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Go into Yolei and Ken's marriage because holy poo poo I want to see that trainwreck.

Nah I could see them working out. Ken seems the kind of guy that needs a strong push now and then in the right direction and Yolei's got that in spades.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

This new adventure show looks fine but after tri maybe they should just make a new digimon anime that is good like tamers and data savers instead of bad like app mon and xros wars 2 and adventure 01.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tri doesn't have Arukenimon nor Mummymon so it's infinitely worse than 02.

Sorry if you thought differently.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

blossommirage posted:

Cyber Sleuth is one of those rare good video games that changes the game enough to let you be a girl, but doesn't change the character relationships or story at all, so every other girl in the game you meet is just super gay for the player character. We need more Cyber Sleuths in the world.

The dialogue where your male friend goes "I know your type....HUGE loving TIDDIES"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

i forget if it was in this thread but i picked up cyber sleuth again from where i left off and man whoever said the female MC gives off big lesbian energy just because they were too lazy to change the script that was obviously written for the male MC was real spot on. all these opportunities to dunk on the boys and let nokia flirt with you

It owns.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Etemon is more necessary to Adventure than Ogremon is.

There's never been a more wrong statement in this thread.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Steel Super Evolution will be an armor evolution.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

NeoDevimon is fine for a power up. This anime doesn't really have to give a poo poo (And Digimon rarely does it's why it's such a weird and fun franchise) about what other instances of the character in other media are like.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

SkullSatamon and Mephismon maybe, possibly Phelesmon

See I always assumed Daemon was Devimons final form. Devil To Demon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Well all of the ones I just suggested are Perfect stage, Daemon is Ultimate

We as a fan base need to figure this terminology out. Some compromise where it's Champion but we'll call ulitmates Perfects and ultimates Megas.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Maybe the dub can do something with the bad story

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I found that kinda annoying cause it made MetalGreymon look like a putz, though the one hit KO's Andromon gave Togemon and Kabuterimon in this episode were worse(especially with how inconsistent it was considering he wasn't able to do the same to either Guardromon or Greymon)

The augumon amd gabumon lines are putz though and I hope all the other kids clown in them the whole show.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Who's the best partner digimon? I really get hung up on it....Terriermon is the best but wormmon is truly a loyal friend.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm honestly really happy with the core kids getting to Perfect and then leveling off because it makes them getting to Ultimate/Mega a more fitting end point of character actualization/development instead of Hitting their big character moment and then....having a while new tier and arc to get through.

Assuming we plateau out at perfect for awhile that is

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm hoping for the same. It's really not been great since like episode 2, though it's been consistently good which isn't something I'm going to complain about considering Digimon series tend to have weak beginnings.

Also we have the results of the next DigiPoll. I'm unimpressed, as usual.
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1304032331548815360
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1304032333473943552

How is Stingmon not #1?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

What if Mimi and Palmon just get BanchoLilymon?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

That one is an Ultimate, not a Perfect

This is digimon. levels are fungible between different iterations of media.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

On the one hand, yes, half of his lines are ONII-CHAN.

On the other, the other half are significantly more interesting than the rest of this bland cast put together with the exception of Mimi, who rocks, and Joe, who also rocks but slightly less. So overall the balance says that he's still one of the best characters in the series by being allowed to actually do things (seriously, him just throwing himself at DarkKnightmon with no regards for his own life was so good) and not being just a passive existence that can't even bring character conflict.

mmkay posted:

There's probably going to be T.K. and Hikari too for some time at least.
Speaking of T.K. I feel like half of his lines is shouting Brother.

So this is Adventure alright.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Adventure 2020 (so far) is about as good as Adventure 01 and 02 weer on average, which puts it head and shoulders about Frontier but below tamers and Savers.

A lot of the complaints in this thread about pacing and it spinning its wheels very much apply to that first show and a lot of the posts in this thread saying to the contrary have a real rose tinted feel about them where nostalgia is filling in a lot of the many many failings and gaps of the original show.(For example: See above with the SkullGreymon 'arc')

Yeah it's paced to poo poo and it is incredibly episodic and often delays characterization or arcs for most of the cast outside of 1-2 focus episodes in favor of focusing on Tai And YaMatto and that's increasing as the plot goes on? Yeah that's Adventure 01 alright. This time they just let all the kids get to Perfect tier before just dropping off instead of having to wait until half an arc later to give Mimi and Joe any real fight screen time (Before plummeting off the screen because they don't do much in the dark masters arc besides talk to Ogremon and run from Puppetmon) It did not have character arcs for most of the cast. They had a few focus eps each and then just kind of blurred into the background, to the point that I think Lilymon was useful in like 1 fight. Hell even in those focus eps half the time it was actually about matt or tai anyway Like in the diner episode where Matt actually secretly helping Joe the whole time and that's the big reveal of the ep.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 6, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Let Konaka make his sequel you fuckers!!!

I’m kinda happy for the 02 fans though. In the end I thought it kinda sucked but it’s been treated pretty poorly over the years, so at least it will have its moment in the spotlight, even if it’s by the Last Evolution folks.

You know honestly, with time and space between child me and now me, I think I might like 02 more than Adventure. I don't know how much of that is Adventure; and Tri and Last Evo just killing my love for the cast of Adventure but I think 02 genuinely does better by the old crew than anything since (Even if the epilogue is dog poo poo).

SO yeah hell yeah 02 movie.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Give me a 02 move where all the 02 digimon get their own megas and then then fuse. Let's see some real hosed up poo poo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Just let the digimon story writers write an anime. There we made Digimon good again.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

Endorphins is here once again to RationalPost about how Konaka is just asking questions and expressing a reasonable, grounded level of Trutherism and conspiratorial thinking. Whatever the level for that is, he won’t share, just that Konaka is under it.

Bro, we saw people Just Asking Questions about a birth certificate and it ended with a cosplay caveman as House Chair for five minutes. If you can understand why Americans would have no tolerance for trutherism, birtherism, and anti-intellectualism then I will concede that it’s possible the old Japanese man who has lived his life in another culture does not question these things with malicious intent.

Why are you posting like a debate lord freak while also being mad about Endorph being pedantic in your eyes?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It's a little goofy IMO that "It's hosed up large corporations control all data and who gets access to that and who gets to exist in this digital space" is a contentious thought to some ITT in the franchise that spawned the Digimon Story stories which talk about that quite a bit.

3/4 of those games are about people pushed to the underside of the net because they can't exist out in the light and how that leads to them either radicalizing or getting hosed up even worse.

I mean it uses Digital cuddly monsters as metaphor in it but it's still a running theme, especially in Hacker's Memories.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MechaX posted:

And exactly what views are those people trying to voice that makes them unable to “exist out in the light”?

I mean in the games i'm talking about most often its trying to help people through means that would get them otherwise banned. Both as a Cyber Sleuth and a member of The hacker team Hudie you're often doing work other people (The police, the admins, etc) won't handle can't handle or don't care about and the people in those cases often arrived where they are out of desperation.

If you mean IRL then usually it's holding leftist ideals or positions or just being a minority and being visible in any manner. I know conservatives love crying about being censored but I mean it takes so loving much to get even the loudest craziest most dangerous ones removed from a platform.

But even with all that said, and much like Endorph said in the first place, whether or not I agree that someone is bad and shouldn't have a platform like that doesn't make it less dangerous or hosed up that it's a massive profit seeking entity that's deciding all that. Because that Company seeking profit is what allowed those dangerous voices to gain a foothold in the first place. I mean we had a bunch of corporate media conglomerates give a bunch of free screentime and basically ad time to a specific, fairly dangerous political outsider a few years ago because he drove ratings and uh...that didn't turn out good. Leaving these business in charge of this kind of poo poo either allowing or disallowing it is bad for us. Like humans in general. It's a much bigger, more pressing, and potentially more lethal issue than 1 Old Japanese Man posting that 9/11 seemed a little suspicious.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 7, 2021

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

Five years later I still can't figure out why the Tri writers thought Deviantart Fanfiction Self-Insert would be a compelling ninth character to try to get us as invested in as the main eight we've known for twenty years. I get that the plot needed to establish Meiko and :sigh: Meikomon Meicoomon for the plot to have any impact, but it didn't have any impact. At all. Because she's a complete nothing of a character.

They Tenchi in Tokyo'd it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

It is a wild goddamn time getting introduced to that show via Tenchi in Tokyo, and then discovering the first OVA

Like, what a stark goddamn contrast

Honestly it would be a lot like watching Tri before Adventure.

You'd even get the whole second cast from later stuff the series ignores!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Tell the blu-ray people to do us all a favor and skip 02 and go directly to tamers, thank you

02 rules.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Just started Ghost game today and I like that they just befriend so many of the foes. It's basically all the better parts of Adventure/02/Tamers were those because it let The Real Bad Guys have some weight. It's what the Digimon Story games do for most of the cases. You just stop whatever misunderstanding or bad tempered guy and send them on their way and that's fine. Hell Ghost game hewing more toward Cyber Sleuth tone has been a boon for the franchise.

Also Jellymon is a weirdo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ghost Game learned the best lesson from all other digimon shows in that they made the main character partner digimon one of the cutie pie baby digimon.

Augumon, horrible and ugly
Veemon too competent and there to be that childish
Guilmon is just a dog but a lizard.

Gammamon? That's a sweet baby.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

amigolupus posted:

The only thing I'm praying for is that for the love of all that is Holydramon, please don't let the people who wrote Tri or DA:LEK do the 02 movie.

Please be excited for the 02 movie where the moral lesson is that's "Actually its okay to give up on your dreams"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Still catching up to ghost game and

YES

YES

HELL FUCKIN YEAH