Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Digimon the movie is my loving poo poo. The dub is definitely was makes this series. I hated season 3 or tamers as a kid, but if I watch it now should I watch it dubbed or in japanese?

agreed, except i really liked tamers even as a kid. digimon the movie is so perfect, i almost feel like it was made just for me. as for watching tamers, i've only ever seen it dubbed so i say go with that.

despite my love of the first 3 seasons, i never watched anything after except for a small part of frontier which turned me off instantly. turning into digimon is so bad, they should always be partners, in my opinion. has the dub at least stayed consistent in quality for the later seasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

on the other hand HEY DIGIMON HEY DIGMON

CHAMPIONS OF THE DIGITAL WORLD

HEY DIGIMON HEY DIGIMON

MONSTER FRIENDS TO THE BOYS AND GIRLS

i own the soundtrack for the digimon movie and i listen to it semi frequently, for the same reason i listen to sonic adventure 2's soundtrack (it owns). also you got the lyrics backwards

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i liked 02

also, i just finished rewatching tamers and it still owns.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

man i'm really interested in this new series but i don't think it'll be the same without the dub voices and writing

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

forbidden lesbian posted:

lol if you watched a digimon past the third series

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the puns and dad jokes are what make digimon so good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Hi i just finished binge watching the new digimon adventure and now im all caught up. i made a lot of gifs while watching and now im going ot post some of my favorites (theyre all my favorite)

heres the whole imgur album with all of them. i'll hopefully be adding more with future eps

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my favorite digimon is lillymon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the coolest digimon, well, theres only one it could be

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

gifs for this week, good moment here

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ive been having a lot of fun with new adventure and think most of the people in this thread cant just have a good time watching a dumb cartoon for kids. tai and agumon have too much screentime but its 60 episodes in, ive long since made my peace with that. the worst thing about the series was the stretch of episodes from like 18 through 31 where most of the kids were completely shafted off screen so that tai and metalgreymon can fight nonstop, that was pretty dire. but like once gatomon joins it moreorless just goes to back to being Digimon Adventure but with tai and agumon just always around for some reason

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

I have to disagree here, it doesn't go back to being Digimon Adventure with Taichi and Agumon always around because that show was a heck of a lot better on basically every front. And if you don't believe me, I encourage you to go back and rewatch it.

this is actually what i plan on bingeing next once i have time. ive watched it all before and im a big fan but it has been a while since i've last watched it. but adventure 2020/21 has had plenty of moments that are just as good as my memory of it even if i would agree that the original series is better and definitely more consistent overall

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm looking through the last 30 eps of new adventure and theres only like 4 or 5 eps i wouldnt say are good or great, those being the millenniumon eps aside from the last one and the blitzgreymon ep and i guess the cresgarurumon ep. the rest have all been really fun

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Adventure 20 is not Appmon. We got through episode 28, I think, and then decided we can't watch any more. This show is just the kids tearfully running from one desperate miracle to the next. Maybe that's true to form for Adventure but I'm too old for it. I will say Devimon was awesome and I wish we had any elaboration at all about him before he got trounced? Maybe that explanation will come later but I'm just sick of the show, I can't watch another 30 episodes of this garbage.

were you enjoying the series before the kids split up or were you disliking it the whole way through? eps 18-31 are extremely dire, i completely agree on that front, i dont know what happened there. but once that arc ends the kids all start to meet up again and they start having a lot more lower stakes character focused episodes that are wayyy better on average aside from the 3 episode long milleniummon arc around 48-50. if you didnt care for the stuff at the beginning either though then that probably wont change your mind.

if nothing else i still recommend watching the mimi focused episodes 37, 43, and 55 because those are some of my absolute favorites

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

definitely try to go back and watch the older stuff too though, its definitely a lot better on average than adventure 2020

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i can pronounce coelacanth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

good ending imo