Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Astro Nut posted:

I think its just because the two are seen as the 'odd' ones, so of course they somehow mucked up falling dramatically.

Something I only just got myself though is that they're all wearing uniforms respective to their current education. Joe's still off doing his own medical school thing, so dark blue, Matt, Sora, Tai, Mimi, and Izzy get a light blue for high school, and Kari and TK are still (probably only just) in middle school, so they're wearing the same green that Tai and the others had back in 02.

Its small, but that's a neat touch.

Jyou is probably already attending Toudai, since in 02 he was already in high school... but you've seen how that kid dresses. Even if he was at a university like Toudai where there are no uniforms, he would still be wearing blazers and poo poo all the time. Loser.

I'm just stoked for all the merchandise that is going to be coming out. Do you know how long I've wanted a Mimi figurine? (Spoilers: it's been 15 years)

beautiful.... :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Just saw :palmon: in the smilies. Thanks to whoever bought it!! Gotta say I think I'll miss the giant feet and inexplicable Glove Fashion, but I'm kinda digging the simplistic same face. We'll see how long that lasts. My favourite parts of Adventure and 02 have always been Mimi's expressions so we'll see if that can be translated to this style.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

So apparently Tri comes out in April. I had just assumed it was scheduled for August 1st. I'm so hype.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Yeah - I just spent the past 20 minutes looking for a release date other than "April 2015." After watching Shirobako this makes me very worried lmao. We should have at least a pv other than some silhouettes with the Bolero in the background. Right??

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Burkion posted:

Will Crunchyroll pick it up, or...?

I hope so. Do people still use irc to download anime? I guess NOWADAYS you could use twitter to follow your favourite subbers and torrent the episode when they tweet its out. Or is that too optimistic? Please don't tell me I have to do irc again.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Covok posted:

Do we have any real confirmation the release is in April?
From the English announcement last august: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnqtcBcsPo It says spring 2015, the spring anime season starts in April.

Covok posted:

While I have no idea myself since I haven't used fansubs since I was 13, I imagine they wouldn't use twitter since that's a big, flashing, red sign to the content holders.
I thought about that briefly, but its also really easy to just type in "[anime] subs" and find them that way. They wouldn't need to use twitter.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

I just thought of something really scary.

What if... if it's just an ova? :ohdear:

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Goddamnit, every you guys post a bunch of poo poo in here, I think we got new information about Tri. Which, like, where is it?? I will accept anything at this point. Maybe I shouldn't trust Toei anymore. This is turning out to be just like Crystal. Actually, with Crystal at least we were told it was being delayed 5 times.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Well at least we have an.. announcement date. That's more than we've had for the past few weeks.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

12 hours until they stream the PV and airdate, finally.
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv217133120

If anyone has a japanese NicoNico account and uses a proxy like Hola then you can watch it live.

Exciting!! Thanks, I didn't know about this.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Nyaa posted:

The human VA change make sense since everyone is an adult now.
Literally all the voice actors were adults when they started adventure. I'm so bummed they dropped Mimi's voice actor... I thought she was a Digimon staple. She always sings the closings. :sigh:

BUT. Who is this?

Is she the villian? I am totally down for a lady villian. She doesn't go to the same school as they do.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Made me way more hyped than the official one lol

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Here's what some of the new VA's had to say about the announcement: (source: http://digi-egg.tumblr.com/post/118324364662/digimon-adventure-tri-va-cast)

quote:

Natsuki Hanae (@hanae0626)

I’m allowed to say it now, so I’ll announce it.
I’ll be appearing as Taichi Yagami in the Digimon Adventure tri. theater anime!
It’ll be screened starting from November 21, 2015! I’m happy to be here! I’m truly honored to be involved in this way in something I looked forward to watching every week when it aired in real time. I’ll be doing my best to play older Taichi, so please look forward to the screening! Right now I’m in the middle of rewatching the Blu-Ray (link to picture).

Suzuko Mimori (@mimori_suzuko)

I’m going to be playing the role of Sora Takenouchi! I’m really excited ♪ I’ll do my best!

Mutsuki Tamura (@623tmr)

I was crying a lot during the marathon broadcast.
There were a lot of people in my generation who were particularly touched by Digimon Adventure. Of course, I was one of them! Somehow, I was given the opportunity to play Koushirou Izumi in Digimon Adventure tri! I’m nervous, but my heart is full of happiness. I’m happy to be here! I can really feel the impact of Digimon! So much celebration on Twitter(≧∇≦) Even my normally cool little brother is happy for me ☆ So we went and bought the Blu-Ray box together *\(^o^)/* I’m gonna study Koushirou~☆ If you missed the marathon broadcast, you should too! (link to picture)

Hitomi Yoshida (@hiTomi_713)

It’s finally been announced!
I will be playing Mimi Tachikawa in Digimon Adventure tri.!
Of course, I’m anxious about being handed down such an important work, but when it comes to her, the holder of the Crest of Purity, straightforwardly and wholeheartedly taking the hands of her partners and friends, I feel I really want to do this. And, personally, I can’t help looking forward to seeing the continuation of their adventure! I would be happy if everyone could enjoy and welcome it warmly. In every way, I’m happy to be here!

Junya Ikeda (@junya_ikeda2710)

I’m from the Digimon generation. Right now…from the bottom of my heart, I’m happy! It’s like a dream! I’m going to put in my all for everyone who loved Jou Kido and his partner Gomamon, for everyone’s memories, for the yearning dreams I had at that time, and the dreams of everyone who loves Digimon!

I feel like I want to fly. Look forward to more!

Junya Enoki (@enojunjunjun)

It was just announced that I will be the one to play Takeru Takaishi in the theater anime Digimon Adventure tri.! I’m so happy that I want to tell my child self that he’d be in Digimon when he becomes an adult!
The theater screening begins November 21! I’m happy to be here! I played the games a lot as a kid, too…It really is like a dream.Thank you for your messages about Digimon Adventure tri. There are a lot of people who have loved this work for a long time, so I’m feeling some pressure, but I’ll do my best to play Takeru in my own way! For some reason, my dad sent me a picture of the family cat with the email he sent me to congratulate me about getting the role in Digimon.

They're pretty cute... I guess. :colbert:

(sorry for the double post)

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Burkion posted:

Except she's still a good character who does some awesome stuff through out? And again, some people consider the dub version of her one of their favorite characters because the show, despite her being like that, never treats her any less than the others.

did we watch the same dub

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Goddramon giveth, and Goddramon taketh away: Netflix announced yesterday that it's pulling Adventure, 02, and Tamers on August 1st, of all days.

I wouldn't mind this so much if Crunchyroll had the sub. But it only has the dub. I've never fully watched the sub, but I've watched the dub probably 10 times.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

No, 02 was tolerable because of the brief appearances by the older 6.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Burkion posted:

Okay Matt stop sitting on the BAD GUY'S SPEAR

Its innuendo

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

I actually don't really give a poo poo about the digimon beyond them being important to the children... it's probably too much to hope for with a cast this large, but I really do want Figuarts of the children Mimi.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Some new Digimon Adventure Tri info, people. Confirms that this is happening after 02, for those who still vehemently believed it to retcon it out of existance despite the proof otherwise.

quote:

Q&A by Producer Sakurai
Everyone is planning a party! Who would play what part?
Yagami Taichi: Naturally he’ll be the one who brings everyone together. But while I say that, he may only be taking the initiative so that he can keep eating sweets?!
Ishida Yamato: He’ll be in charge of the live background music with his newly practiced guitar. In the middle, Mimi will join in with the addition of singing and the entertainment heats up!
Izumi Koushiro: He’ll look up the recipes of the food that Mimi says she’ll make! He’ll be everyone’s assistant, and he’ll even buy all of the candy beforehand!
Kido Jou: He’ll help out in the kitchen. But at one point unnoticed, Jou will end up in charge of washing all the dishes and cleaning up…
Takaishi Takeru: He’ll support Yamato with his performance and be the DJ who casually chooses the party music.
Tachikawa Mimi: She’ll vigorously begin to cook, saying “I’ll do it!” but it’s possible that she’ll grow tired of it midway?!
Takenouchi Sora: She would take up the cooking that Mimi got tired of halfway and end up in charge of the kitchen. The cute way that she arranges the food on the plates will be highly praised by everyone!
Yagami Hikari: She’ll be in charge of the photos and take tons of pictures with her hobby camera! She would steal sweets along with Taichi and eat them.

Since it’s almost Halloween, what kind of sweet would each person be?
Yagami Taichi: An old-fashioned donut fried to a dark brown color.
Ishida Yamato: I guess this idea is influenced by his French grandfather? Creme brulee.
Izumi Koushiro: Going along the same lines as oolong tea… Chinese food, dim sum, sesame seed dumplings!
Kido Jou: Made laboriously faithfully… homemade baumkuchen.
Takaishi Takeru: Bright colorful macarons in cute wrappings.
Tachikawa Mimi: Colorful but poisonous-looking?! jellybeans.
Takenouchi Sora: Quick to make in the morning, sweet french toast.
Yagami Hikari: Pound cake filled with cream (but low on the sweetness).

:swoon: :allears:

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Just fyi, Mandarake has the Hikari and Yamato GEM figures on their website if anyone wanted them. Mandarake is a used store, so the boxes have likely been opened.

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?target=00&keyword=digimon

(If the website is in japanese there is a english button in the top right corner)

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Oh yeah, over the summer my niece was Mimi for a local convention (sans gloves because it was too hot for that poo poo and also I loving Hate those gloves). Not pictured: my non-existent Togemon costume because that would have been too much work. She is wearing a Palmon backpack though you can't tell at all from this picture :v:

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

I'd be more okay with the 02 additions being missing/injured/whatever if it extended to Hikari and Takeru as well..... like why were those three fighting some big bad by themselves. It just doesn't make sense that 4/6 group members did poo poo by themselves and no one knows/cares??? that they failed.

It reeks of pandering, and not the kind that would make me happy.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Digimon Thread - Knife of Ramen

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

First 10 minutes of Ketsui/Determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN4IfNxUHls

I love everything.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Do we know when CrunchyRoll is streaming it this time?

The most we have is a couple of tweets saying "next weekend" ... no specific time or date yet.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/706540156950425600

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Crunchyroll will have Ketsui/Determination available March 11th (this Friday!) at 8am PST:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-943149/

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Huh, kind of surprised that the next movie is going to focus on TK and Izzy. I figured TK and Kari would share the movie seeing as their digimon are similar and all.

I guess the next one will be Kari and Sora's turn for megas?

I could not be happier. A friend and I were just saying that since TK and Izzy apparently talk to each other, maybe they'll have a movie together which would mean that Sora and Kari have their own movie. We laughed. It would never happen. Kari and TK are joined at the narrative hip. Still, we sighed wistfully at the idea of a lady-focused movie.

BUT THEN

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

As a way of coping, I have composed a list of the best versions of all the Digimon songs he sung:

Butter-Fly (Adventure OP):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xAueTwJFV4

Seven (Adventure insert song):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-phJkHyeLA

Target (02 OP):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5dtH_nXKAc

Biggest Dreamer (Tamers OP):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xma_Kt_5nIg

Fire!! (Frontier OP):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVOv08rRZ4I

Haruka na Okurimono (Frontier insert song):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOIuxdqOUeI

Hirari -re-fly version- (Savers 2nd OP):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYKSOJti4g

WE ARE Xros Heart! (Xros Wars insert song):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w165AlGyQTg

X4B The Guardian! (Xros Wars insert song):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBxNA7vPqxo

Sora Mau Yuusha! X5 (Xros Wars insert song):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49_XasJQwA8

Evolution & DigiXros (Xros Wars insert song):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26YavNW020o

WE ARE Xros Heart! Ver. X7 (Xros Wars insert song):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfnCj_Jv4XM

This Tri version of SEVEN was the last song he ever recorded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VTaqSsniTA

(Like honestly who knew Xros Wars had such good songs? Not loving me.)

vivisecting fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 8, 2016

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Seiyal posted:

And while I was attempting to find some of the newer Tri songs to purchase, I glanced over at the 'Top Selling' list for anime songs. It seems I wasn't the only person with that idea. (Img link + URL since my browser sucks)

Top Anime Songs

Top Songs through all Categories

:kiddo:

Heres a better list of the songs that he sang:
http://fuzzleyan-scratchpad.tumblr.com/post/142450668995/

I knew I was missing songs that only appeared in albums, but because I haven't watched past 02 I used a wiki for reference.

vivisecting fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 9, 2016

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

I know it’s only the first episode, but story wise this is going to blow Adventure 1 out of the water. Obviously they know the amount of episodes they’re getting this time so they’ve planned it better.

Some things I loved:
- The music!! Everyone loves a good Bolero, but the score when Tai was entering the digital world was just beautiful. So adventurous.
- Taichi’s act of courage is what throws him into The Net. He’s a 12 year old boy, theres no way he can stop a moving train but he has to do SOMETHING. I’d love it if all the kids get thrown in because they do something to activate their crests (though what did Matt do to already be hanging around in there lol, hug someone?)
- Taichi just like punching and throwing a digimon?? I always thought he would be the kind of Rowdy Boy that would Fight and thank GOD we’re finally getting that
- I feel like everyone’s characters are already so much better defined (except Kari, but what else is new). Izzy was awkward and shy, but really happy that Tai was so welcoming. I hope they keep the adoption plot.
-Matt said loving nothing but they already established the rivalry vibes better in one shot than they did in all of Adventure 1
-$:homebrew:$ Mimi Tachikawa-Gates $:homebrew:$, the absolute ultimate princess that none of you peasants deserve. I’m GUESSING that if you thought she was annoying and spoiled when she was lower middle class, Adventure 2 Mimi, daughter of a billionaire, is going to gently caress your poo poo up. I can’t wait to see that little bitch again. :3:

If every character gets an introduction episode it could be like episode 5-8 until I see my daughter again :negative:

vivisecting fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 5, 2020

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Matt lives pretty far from the rest of the cast. It looks like he's in a rural town, maybe even village, while everyone's away in Tokyo.

Maybe Matt lives his grandma? Cause idk how Mr. Ishida is going to do a TV producer job in rural Japan. Maybe for a smaller station? Or maybe his dad is so deadbeat that he leaves Matt with his grandma even tho he has custody

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

To be fair, Lilymon tossed Mimi through the air so she could attack Apocalymon in the original series.

Wow that seems like something I should remember, but I guess I don’t because I don’t pay attention to the fights :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

hey uh so i dont really care or know about the lore of the individual digimon but i at least know that THAT thing is final episode poo poo. not episode 2.

also it's confirmed that Matt isn't in Tokyo