Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

They actually did explain why Gatomon was naturally a champion. Since she didn't find her partner as quickly as the rest of the digimon meant to find and be with a digidestined, she 'grew up' on her own.

The digidestined were portrayed as sort of a crutch in the first series - digimon with one could quickly reach forms they'd never think of reaching on their own (remember that getting to like, Ultimate or Mega is something portrayed as super rare, once in a thousand years, then remember that all of them do stuff like that) but for some reason they never really 'grew up'. They always seemed to revert to their rookie form, or even worse In Training.

In reality the reason why is probably just 'gatomon was a cuter champion than having something like Greymon with them constantly' same reason one of the kids got MarineAngemon in Tamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The big thing I remember from Adventure's dub and Mimi was her constantly complaining about everything, saying her feet hurt and not wanting to go on an adventure, as well as her being genuinely unlikable to most of the cast. These were, from what I know nowadays, all things that were exaggerated by the dub.

The only season I'd rewatch nowadays though is Tamers. And maybe Savers.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

The cool clay doll guy was the best digimon, and should come back and be the best because he looked unique and cool.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like Imperialdramon and most of 02's digimon designs.

I did not like how, like with every other season, only two characters were of any importance at the end.

But I liked the designs. They were neat.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

When I watched frontier it felt like a huge call back to tamers cool final evolutions. I assumed once they started beating the other elemental warriors they would start calling back to 02 as well and start fusing multiple spirits. Instead they eventually did that by giving all of the spirits to two people.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

It just makes it sound like meikumon got into some cocaine.

Edit: Thinking about it, it makes me think of the terrrible digimon nicknames from ages past, that people who didn't understand japanese would call untranslated guys.

"Psychotic Mode" and things like that.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

There was a pretty good Tamers epilogue series I remember. Though it started out with one of the MCs being isekai'd via truck-kun into the digital world. But that's not that dark.