Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I really liked the second half of 02 as a kid because Oikawa was voiced by Jamieson Price, and I could listen to him wax on poetically about random poo poo all day. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SpazmasterX posted:

Probably because no one looks at it and goes "oh yeah that could totally take on all these giant armored dinosaurs and jet wolves"

It was the same with Gatomon. She was a loving Champion level just chilin' with a bunch of Rookies. It was always weird that they treated Angemon and Angewomon as a pair, when MagnaAngemon was her technical equivalent.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Genocyber posted:

I always figured Angemon was so strong because pretty much every Digimon we fought against was some sort of incarnation of evil and well, he's an angel.

Yeah. Didn't they have the whole Data -> Virus -> Vaccine triangle? Pretty much all the partner digimon are Data types which are naturally weak to Virus types (the entire Devimon evo line, Piedmon, Puppetmon, etc.) and Angemon/Gatomon were the only Vaccine types in the team. So, yeah, it was a mix of Angemon being strong for a Champion and getting a natural edge against 90% of the big bads due to typing.

I mean, they also treated Andromon like a loving powerhouse. He was a Champion holding off Megas in the second half of Adventure.

Edit: Oh. I remember him being a Champion. Shows what I know. :shrug:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 13, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Omnicrom posted:

Back when 02 was new Wormmon's "official" Perfect was Dinobeemon. Note the quotation marks around "official" of course.

Except they jogressed into Paildramon?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

forbidden lesbian posted:

I think by NGE done right they mean NGE where the protags are allowed to have good things in their life

I thought RaXephon was NGE done right.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So...is it pronounced "Zeros War" or "Cross War"?

Random note: The theatre version of Butterfly is still the best one.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Also wasn't the teacher voiced by the same va as Kari? I was convinced they were the same person.

Yes. And I thought that, too.

Would've been neat for her Gatomon to make a cameo.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blaze Dragon posted:

The cryptic as gently caress lines make me interested in the plot, but it being six OVAs makes me fear we'll be seeing the last by 2021.

Yeah, I have a feeling this is going to be like Code Geass's OVA's where we get one (1.2) a year, and it'll end on the 20th anniversery of the series.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

KoB posted:

Agumon has the worst voice IMO. The worst part is that it doesnt even fit any of his forms.

The dub's take on doing different voices for each form is way better. (They might have been the same person but they sounded different enough)

Wait. The original Japanese version didn't have different voices for the different forms? :psyduck:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

nehezir posted:

I don't watch enough movies to justify that poo poo. pretty much gone full weeb at this point.

Meh. Its got enough anime to justify $8/month. For quality stuff, off the top of my head it has FMA: Brotherhood, Madoka (+ all three movies), The Devil is a Part Timer, Fate/Zero, and Death Note. :shrug:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
What's the general consensus on Tri? I haven't watched the first OVA (movie?) yet.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Burkion posted:

I like it honestly because it sounds like Agumon is being treated with more maturity and respect than, say, Tri

Was Tri any good? I liked the first gen kids in 02.

Also, gently caress. I didn't know Kouji Wada died four years ago. ;_;

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blaze Dragon posted:

A lot of Adventure: expects you to have watched Adventure already. The opening shows the entirety of Agumon's line, we saw Omegamon as early as episode 2, Hikari and Tailmon are in the opening. It's clear that the series is meant to be watched by us who already watched Adventure so there's no point in hiding what you know will happen.

And as is the current fashion for all major anime/VG IP reboots, we'll discover that Adventure 2020 is really a time loop and Hikari being the deus ex machina character will recover memories from the previous iteration to win the day.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well, we know the Digimon were involved in an ancient war thanks to character profiles, and people have already imagined this ancient war was really the events of Adventure and for some reason everything got rebooted...again, but this time with the humans involved.

I know that's not really the implication, but "the ancient war of...20 years ago!" made me :lol:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Just started Cyber Sleuth, and I'm about 7 hours in.

This evolution system loving rocks. (It reminds me alot of Disgaea's reincarnation system.) I already have way more mons than I can reasonably keep leveled. But, I wish a lot of the side missions where just the same fetch quests or busy work over and over again. I must've run through Kowloon 2 twenty times already. :geno:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mmkay posted:

I wouldn't bother with the farm quests if that's what you're doing for fetch quests.
As for leveling - I liked having 1 PlatiniumSukamon/Numemon with as many Tactician USBs on your team as you can grab. This should lower the amount of grind needed to basically 0 (and maybe allow for some team rotation) . Later on you can have a full team of PlatiniumNumemons and get to level 50 in a battle or two (when you get access to better farming spots).

Should I even bother keeping the free Royal Knights on the Farm if I don't plan on using them until maybe late game (for leadership traits or whatever?), or are they just taking up space to branch out my initial evolutions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Conversely, the LE version of Butterfly is probably my favorite rendition.