Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Well my childrens grandmother

As soon as we walk in

Guess we will check the attic
High Resolution 1024x768, this one had the speakers that hooked to the side and later caught on fire. Sadly the box only has junk in it

Ohh fuu. Pentium 60, 8mb ram, double speed cd. Had that awesome packard bell navigation software. You could even buy different colored trim and customize your pc.
My grand mother bought this for us for $2500. Played doom so much better than the 486/66 my buddy had gotten a few weeks prior. Guess poor people just dont get doom in high resolution. Box was filled with dot matrix printouts of who knows the gently caress, i wasn't going to stick my hand in an nest of brown recluses.

These have to be worth dozens of dollars on ebay

Lite brite full of spiders

The computer i left behind. the best case, with the best power supply, and the best motherboard ever made. Used to have more ram and a period correct Geforce card.

Where the magic happens. A7n8x-e deluxe. Dolby digital all the things

Thermalright SLK900U $55, heatsink only. Ballin. Note the motherboard heatsink mod to make it fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

post the old ladyest linoleum floors u got

pram
Jun 10, 2001
nice lite brite

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:firstpost:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
bust that poo poo out who cares about the rest of that trash

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

sup antec sonata I buddy

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

papa_november posted:

sup antec sonata I buddy

Sup blinding blue led power lights buddy

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

i changed mine out for white and lowered the brightness before just unplugging the drat things altogether

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Don Lapre posted:

Lite brite full of spiders

mooooods

pram
Jun 10, 2001

papa_november posted:

i changed mine out for white and lowered the brightness before just unplugging the drat things altogether

consider unplugging your internet

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

why did everyone like those doors

they just got in the way and god help you if the cd drive wanted to open on its own

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Ur meemaw's pussy got slayed by ur pop pop, op

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

computer doors are good because they make a less cluttered look, and when was the last time you thought about physical media or the reset or power button???

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

carry on then posted:

why did everyone like those doors

they just got in the way and god help you if the cd drive wanted to open on its own

The sonata was supposed to be super quiet so it had massive 120mm fans, heavy metal doors, and i guess a cd cover door.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

computer doors are good because they make a less cluttered look, and when was the last time you thought about physical media or the reset or power button???

yeah

first time i opened the door on mine in this house was to rip a cd like a week ago, ive lived here almost a year now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

if you can find the car that goes with that orange thing I'll give you five bucks for it. shipping is free

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

alternately does anybody remember what those things were called

I forgot until just now that I had one and loved it and it was my favorite thing in the whole world

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

yeah okay now, but in 2004 when everything was dvd-rw and 5-in-1 card readers

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

if you can find the car that goes with that orange thing I'll give you five bucks for it. shipping is free

Lol, it may be in there, i should have gone through the bag.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Don Lapre posted:

a period correct Geforce card.

mooooooooods

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

also if the drive tray tries to open it will dejectedly bump into the door a few times and stop before giving up and retracting

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

also if the drive tray tries to open it will dejectedly bump into the door a few times and stop before giving up and retracting

goon_sex_life.txt

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

lol if u didn't immediately start shovign lite brites up ur nose

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

on my trip home i discovered that the graphics card in my old pc is shot bc my dad would leave his need for speeds paused for weeks at a time

gonna see if they can replace the card themselves. lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that toy is still frustrating the gently caress out of me because i have no idea what to google. i subsist purely on nostalgic feels and i am going to starve to death

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i swear to god taco bell had those with their kids meals and they would launch a star wars pod racer

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its just some generic car toy noobins

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Don Lapre posted:

nice it's one of those F-Zero future car pumps that you attach the car to and make it fly

pram
Jun 10, 2001
here i found a modern one you enormous manchild

http://www.amazon.com/Cars-Bash-Go-Lightning-McQueen/dp/B0060RZGTC

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Manufacturer recommended age: 4 - 12 years

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

its just some generic car toy noobins

nah i definitely remember it being advertised when i was maybe 8 years old

they had like hovercrafts and poo poo

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

pram posted:

Manufacturer recommended age: 4 - 12 years

Paging ANIME MONSTROSITY

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

nah i definitely remember it being advertised when i was maybe 8 years old

they had like hovercrafts and poo poo

maybe petition the knowledge of gbs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

these were fully sick

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

thanks for the effort, but no that is the wrong one and the one i had was way cooler

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i sense a great disturbance in the autism

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
here we go

they were called Streex

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

here we go