Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Condolences, Ravens fans. Kubiak the new Broncos HC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

even though most guys take any offered HC position in a heartbeat i didn't think i'd see kubes making the jump

oh well hopefully baltimore grabs shanahan before some other team grabs him

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I can't imagine Kubiak saw the Denver job becoming available and is probably the only job he'd have left the Ravens OC gig for.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sour Diesel posted:

even though most guys take any offered HC position in a heartbeat i didn't think i'd see kubes making the jump

oh well hopefully baltimore grabs shanahan before some other team grabs him

Kubiak played for Denver, is good friends with Elway, I knew if the Denver job came open and he got an offer he'd take it

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Gonna go out on a limb and say it's prob cool for colts fans to post in here now

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Colts need to draft a tackle this offseason.

Not the Oline position, the physical act. Because they sure couldn't make one to save their lives in that AFCCG.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Too many former browns play for the colts for them to be winners.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

WHOOPS posted:

I get that it is devastating to lose a game like this but no, gently caress you, this is the most bullshit thing in sports. A bad beat is nothing like the feeling that comes with your team being seen as irrelevant.

My Minnesota Timberwolves impression

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grozz Nuy posted:

One day, the Seahawks will lose a close game where they get dominated for the vast majority of the time.

One day.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554257

:smuggo:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Soooo are the Colts gonna find a real O-line and defense, or are they determined to repeat the Peyton era with Luck?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Benne posted:

Soooo are the Colts gonna find a real O-line and defense, or are they determined to repeat the Peyton era with Luck?

I hope the latter

Except without the domination over the Texans

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I don't really think you can complain about any season where your team makes the Conference Championship game, it was a fun season really. The Steelers loss was the only time it felt bad. They did better than they should with talent level of the defense and the 'who the gently caress knows' run game. Reggie playing with 1 arm hurt the passing game way too much. Might of been a different game if he was there.

No guarantees next year and the Texans will be good next year so getting back wont be easy, the Colts will have to make some good moves this offseason to keep on top of the South.

It's hilarious that the Patriots are still the goalkeepers to the Super Bowl after so long. It'd be nice to get that Rivalry back to where it was with Peyton.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm not sure I agree with the Texans being good next year considering the plan is either Ryan Mallett or some rookie who isn't Jameis or Mariota

The Colts will likely have their automatic five or six wins in the division and then we also play the NFC South

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I'm not sure I agree with the Texans being good next year considering the plan is either Ryan Mallett or some rookie who isn't Jameis or Mariota

The Colts will likely have their automatic five or six wins in the division and then we also play the NFC South

I can't believe I'm unironically saying this, but, the South shall rise again!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

oh...I just assumed they would find a way to get a QB who could throw a football.

Texans need to get their poo poo together so them and the Colts can get better beating on each other as practice for the playoffs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

oh...I just assumed they would find a way to get a QB who could throw a football.

Texans need to get their poo poo together so them and the Colts can get better beating on each other as practice for the playoffs.

They can have TJ Yates back.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Just put JJ Watt in at quarterback, Bill. You know you want to.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Chilichimp posted:

They can have TJ Yates back.

Give them Cutler

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

Just put JJ Watt in at quarterback, Bill. You know you want to.

I just watched a punter throw the only touchdown pass in regulation for the team that won the NFC Championship game, so... yeah, why wouldn't this work?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you're at the Mallett/Savage/random rookie point Bradford seems like a guy worth taking a flyer on if he's cheap. Well and if the Rams actually cut him.

...and now that I go to look his contract up I see Rotoworld claiming that Fisher is acting like he'll be back for sure.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Give them Cutler

I'd be fine with that but it would be hard to fit him under the cap and it would prevent us from bringing back Derek Newton or Kareem Jackson, two names I can't believe I'm concerned about losing

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Athanatos posted:

Give them Cutler

I doubt a Belichick disciple + Cutler is going to work.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

GaussianCopula posted:

It would take a disciple of Christ to make Cutler work, and even that isn't a slam dunk.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Shath Hole posted:

It would take a disciple of Christ to make Cutler work, and even that isn't a slam dunk.

Tebow coaching Cutler. That would be fun.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

GaussianCopula posted:

Tebow coaching Cutler. That would be fun.

The NFL version of The Odd Couple. That would be incredible lol

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

GaussianCopula posted:

Winning cures all*, they'd deal with it if they won the South the 1st season together.

*Does not apply in San Francisco

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
So at this point, is it pretty much assured that Teryl Austin is going to stay as DC for the Lions? It still feels like the other shoe's going to drop any time now, but if he stays that's gonna be a huge relief that the team might not immediately collapse next season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So at this point, is it pretty much assured that Teryl Austin is going to stay as DC for the Lions? It still feels like the other shoe's going to drop any time now, but if he stays that's gonna be a huge relief that the team might not immediately collapse next season.

All signs point to Quinn going to Atlanta, so I would say barring him changing his mind and staying in Seattle, Austin is staying in Detroit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Acebuckeye13 posted:

As a Ravens fan I would just like to say that this is total bullshit. Austin is the most deserving candidate in the field by far. We haven't had a good coordinator for more than a year since before the Harbaugh era. That's not even getting into the whole promoting Dean Pees over Austin thing. The man's name is Pees for Christ's sake.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Unconfirmed reports say that after an exhaustive several weeks of interviewing offensive candidates, the Jaguars are seeking to hire Adam Gase as their offensive coordinator.

And Doug Marrone as an offensive line coach, and Greg Olson as a quarterbacks coach.

:stare:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JT Jag posted:

Unconfirmed reports say that after an exhaustive several weeks of interviewing offensive candidates, the Jaguars are seeking to hire Adam Gase as their offensive coordinator.

And Doug Marrone as an offensive line coach, and Greg Olson as a quarterbacks coach.

:stare:

Gase's coaching stock sure fell fast.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Coldforge posted:

If he can make the Jaguars offense look even half-decent, he'll be able to pick any head coaching vacancy he wants.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If Gase goes to Jacksonville is there any retread left that doesn't have a pants-shittingly bad track record as OC?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If Gase goes to Jacksonville is there any retread left that doesn't have a pants-shittingly bad track record as OC?

Kevin Gilbride :v:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Brian Schottehahahahahaha, I can't even type it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So... no then.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So... no then.

Jeff Tedford? Trestman is good for one okay year, I guess.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Well the Rams requested an interview with Chudzinski so maybe him?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Coldforge posted:

Uh, what about Doug Marrone? If he is going from head coach to the best he can do is Oline coach, isnt that the kiss of death for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

Uh, what about Doug Marrone? If he is going from head coach to the best he can do is Oline coach, isnt that the kiss of death for him?

He chose... poorly.

• Locked thread