Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Only one man can save the Browns from Manziel next year...

Stick with Manziel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm leaning towards resigning Hoyer at this point. Say you're sorry, and say he's your starting Quarterback. Give him the drat money he wants and then swallow your pride.

From there I contemplate whether you keep Manziel or ship his rear end some where else. If you keep him? I don't think you have him touch the football until 2016 at the earliest.

I don't think this team under Hoyer is a serious enough threat to make the playoffs, and Manziel in his current state isn't worth much. Better to dump Hoyer and ride the Manziel train to a decent draft pick. Who knows, maybe a miracle happens and Manziel works out? Worst case if he sucks he'll take all the heat and earn a draft pick that can be used to replace himself.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
What does Hoyer really do for the Browns? He's not good, his best case scenario is something like what Orton did in Buffalo this year. He won't be their quarterback of the future whether Manziel works out or not. It's probably better to tank with Manziel, be crystal clear he needs to be replaced, and have a high draft pick to do it with than limp to a 6-10/7-9 record with Hoyer.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Also, he's from Wisconsin.

It's going to be pretty fantastic when the hometown hero returns in a few years. :getin:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

EDIT: The NFL will burn in Hell for denying us Tate's return to Seattle.

Unfortunately he's years away from free agency so it'll be a while before that happens. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Velius posted:

I went into the game assuming the Packers would lose. I was not expecting them to get to a 99% to win probability then blow it. McCarthy needs to get a loving pair of balls, because the constant playing it safe has blown leads for years and it just cost them a trip to the Super Bowl.

Yeah I had no expectations going in but goddamn did I get my hopes up toward the end. :sigh: Pretty crushing loss all considered.

On the upside it was a hell of a year, the team massively exceeded expectations, Rodgers will be healthy by next year and hopefully they'll finally make some coaching changes. He blew it toward the end on that two point conversion attempt, but Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had a hell of a game up to that point and I'm excited to watch Adams develop next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Further I sayeth naught!

This is fantastic. I only wish it could have happened to a team I hate, the Cowboys fans on here are mostly pretty chill and awesome.

• Locked thread