Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

Eric Fisher is still not a good LT, both guard spots are a tire fire and they need a new Right Tackle.

I thought Fulton showed enough that I feel sort of hopeful about him developing into something half decent. Plenty of dumb stuff out of him too though of course.

My offseason O-Line plan includes not signing players who weren't good enough to make the Colts line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

It rings a bit hollow, because, if only they had managed to not poo poo the bed against the Oakland Raiders, they would have made the playoffs.

Oh hey, I didn't realize another team was in this position. The off-season feels a little less lonely now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Dwayne Bowe looked like one of the better receivers in the league before Alex Smith got there, as I recall it at least.

He had a couple of 1100 yard years, one with a lot of TDs, then tanked with the rest of the team in 2012. Signed a big contract and has sucked since then.

Todd Haley has a lot of faults but I do think he mostly does a good job with wide receivers, he was the coach for most of those two good years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man I don't know, he still does some cool stuff now and then but it's really rare and he seems to have trouble getting open. Part of that could be because there aren't any other wide receivers worth covering on the Chiefs, but Kelce is pretty good out of the tight end spot and we've seen that work here before.

I'd probably be cautiously optimistic about signing him if my team had a good decent existing deep threat and his job was to get open on intermediate stuff, hopefully with some room to run. That was always where he was at his best.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you think he's actually going to be Ben on the field and stay out of trouble then yes. But you'd better damned well be right on both counts and...well I don't think it'll happen.

The Ben comparison is a pretty common non-jokey one by the way. Also works well as a joke of course.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WHOOPS posted:

Jesus, the Chargers and Packers might have been the only teams that drafted more than a single above average player in that draft.

fake edit: and inexplicably, the Dallas Cowboys.

Colquitt counts drat it, Derrick Johnson and him make two :colbert:

e: Jesus Will Svitek is still around? I remember being surprised he was in the league 5 years ago.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 12, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Kaeding is the best kicker we've ever had, what are you even talking about

He's got nothing on Rolf Benirschke in the name tool department.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JT Jag posted:

Tyson Alualu is the only player that remains from the Jaguars' 2010 draft.

Man I haven't thought about this guy since that draft where no one understood what the Jags were doing. Is he any good these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you're at the Mallett/Savage/random rookie point Bradford seems like a guy worth taking a flyer on if he's cheap. Well and if the Rams actually cut him.

...and now that I go to look his contract up I see Rotoworld claiming that Fisher is acting like he'll be back for sure.

• Locked thread