Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bills season exceeded expectations, but the offense is mediocre and we're never winning a playoff game without major changes on that side of the ball.

I like Orton and think with a new running core (CJ is poo poo and injury-prone, Fred is old and will be retired soon, Boobie is mediocre) he's fine for the job. Shore up the offensive line and we're golden.

Of course this is Buffalo, so we'll nuke everything and start over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

waah posted:

You gave Spiller a D+? Really? Thats harsh C+, B- at best. While he isnt hall of fame, just having him sround changed the way the Buffalo offense functioned. Having Spiller let Jackson put a few less miles on his tires. Spiller also let all of the terrible QBs Buffalo has had have a reliable checkdown.

Yeah injuries have dinged him up, he hasnt lived up to his full potential, and better players were taken around that time, but those players wouldnt show how good they were vs how Buffalo was at that position.

Example, Iupati wouldn't have really been an option since rhe staff was high on Levitre. Earl Thomas would one day be great, but with George Wilson and Jarius Byrd it would have been looked at as a bad player to draft. You could make the case for JPP, but I can also see Gailey's idea of needing to score points somehow in order to one day unseat the pats.

Some of those other pics are brutal, but i think you sre being unfairly harsh on the Spiller pick.

Spiller is inconsistent and can't block - Bills should have traded him before he got hurt

• Locked thread