Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:siren: DO NOT use your real life info when signing up for this game. Grithok tells me that might be a bad idea. :siren:

What is it?

It's a :havlat: STEAMPUNK :havlat: (whoah) MMO made by the same people who made Age of Wushu. Take from that what you will.

Uh oh. I'm in China. Am I gonna be okay to play this?

Yes. You absolutely are.

Well, thankfully I'm not in China. I'm in the land of the free, America!

Bad news buddy. You're hosed.

Wait, what?

Yeah, apparently the company really hates America. There are actually two different pay models for China and the NA region with the NA region getting especially screwed; I'm sure that one of the other MMO Goons can elaborate more on this!

Well gently caress you OP I'm still interested.

http://bg.snailgame.com/ is the official company website! I'll also reserve a post after this for any goon guilds who want in on this thread for some weird reason. If you're looking for a non goon guild you might want to check out the official forums here:

http://bg.snailgame.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

Can YOU tell what is going on there? I can't either, but maybe you'll have more luck than me.

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:havlat:RESERVED FOR GOON GUILDS:havlat:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Someone Tell me about Black Gold Online.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drinkfist posted:

Its really fun, and steampunk is extremely my poo poo. You should download it and play it with us

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/15/black-gold-onlines-payment-model-will-make-your-head-hurt/

Is this how the payment model works right now?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Its really fun, and steampunk is extremely my poo poo. You should download it and play it with us

http://youtu.be/U353fi-RC-A

I have been saving this for you to show up.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drinkfist posted:

http://youtu.be/U353fi-RC-A

I have been saving this for you to show up.

you found a video of me, congratulations

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e995u0rwssxijg/runyanX.pdf?dl=0

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

Here's a redacted court case filing against the publisher (identifying info removed in order to protect the innocent) where apparently they do not like Americans

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
he literally just posted the pdf above you except nothing was blurred out

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

he literally just posted the pdf above you except nothing was blurred out

:tinfoil:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It's also missing the dick

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
It works well under the communist model.

1. You work hard accomplish a lot as a team.
2. You get great things.
3. Great things are taken from you.
4. Bribe people to get the great things back.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Someone in MMOHMO has to have played this game. I can't belive the Age of Wushu goons and Bad Games Crew both collectively missed it.

TELL ME YOUR STORIES IN THE RICH VIBRANT STEAMPUNK WORLD YOU UNKNOWN GOON.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather play WOW.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Or Tera :shobon:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we have a new terrible game to play, downloading now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ahahaha I just read the loot system

want your loot? ok thats cool, well pay up

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

You are playing Tera you weeboo gently caress. I cant play any of those korean games where if you move your female character forward you can see their kidneys.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is Tera F2P yet

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i thought this was black desert

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Relin posted:

i thought this was black desert

You and everyone else.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Seriously one of you fucks have had to have taken a crack at this.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Eye of Widesauron posted:

:havlat:RESERVED FOR GOON GUILDS:havlat:

Jeez, get your xenophobic Asian supremacy posters right. That's Korean, a far inferior breed of xenophobia from the Chinese supremacy doctrine. They only wish they had the same 5000 years of history.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So do the Wushu guys just churn out MMOs and see what sticks or what?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

jwang posted:

Jeez, get your xenophobic Asian supremacy posters right. That's Korean, a far inferior breed of xenophobia from the Chinese supremacy doctrine. They only wish they had the same 5000 years of history.

Lol

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Ni hao is Mandarin Chinese, gwai lo is Cantonese.

In canto they say "nay ho gwai lo" and it rhymes.

This poo poo is riddled with errors!

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 29, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hakimashou posted:

Ni hao is Mandarin Chinese, gwai lo is Cantonese.

In canto they say "nay ho gwai lo" and it rhymes.

This poo poo is riddled with errors!

/newspaper editor

I'll PM kewpuh and see if he can change the title

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I'll PM kewpuh and see if he can change the title

If you want to keep it mandarin, they say "Lao wai" instead of gwai lo when they gawk and giggle at the white devil.

Those of us in the white devil community who have experienced the gawking and giggling as disenfranchised minorities in the Grand Ming's kingdom would want the story to be told accurately.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 29, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

Yeah basically.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

hakimashou posted:

If you want to keep it mandarin, they say "Lao wai" instead of gwai lo when they gawk and giggle at the white devil.

I'm a bad third generation Taiwanese American who played too many video games so my command of anything is basically nil but I will keep it Mandarin to make my family slightly less disappointed in me somehow. Haven't sent the PM yet so gently caress yeah. Thanks bruh.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I'm a bad third generation Taiwanese American who played too many video games so my command of anything is basically nil but I will keep it Mandarin to make my family slightly less disappointed in me somehow. Haven't sent the PM yet so gently caress yeah. Thanks bruh.

Zang fandongpai! Zou gou!

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Robo Reagan posted:

They make a minimum effort to translate and bring stuff to the West for short term cash grabs from people with more money than sense. Their entire business model is based around catering to people who will pay 600 bucks for a digital rabbit while everybody else is there to get their rear end kicked by those people. They also somehow keep getting "mysteriously" hacked and defrauded by third party gold sellers, which lets them justify freezing the whale's accounts and charging them hundreds of dollars to unfreeze them. I'm not kidding. They'll freeze accounts for gold buying, then allow you to bribe them to unfreeze them. Their owner straight up hates Americans as well.

They're pretty much the worst MMO company in existence.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I guess I'll have to download this and play it and never spend a cent on it. I just want to see if they actually charge you for the loot you get in game.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

I guess I'll have to download this and play it and never spend a cent on it. I just want to see if they actually charge you for the loot you get in game.

Word from poking around the web is it seems okay til about level 40, them slams your dick with the payment model.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Haroshia posted:

Word from poking around the web is it seems okay til about level 40, them slams your dick with the payment model.

If I keep playing until level 40 in any MMO just shoot me.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

10 gigs to download

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

• Locked thread