Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

Is the swear filter still in? Can you say horse?

I do all my swearing here and on mumble so I can't say. Get in here and find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

My kind of Girl

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I personally am starting to believe that this isn't a survey and more of someone at Snail desperately trying to get us to help them figure out their own games.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Drinkfist posted:

This game is a big "What if the mmo setting took place with conventional warfare" kind of hosed up twist. All those loving mopes roaming about mindlessly in the woods never expected me to show up in a loving helicopter with cannons and missiles. They literally don't stand a loving chance. They can't even reach me in the sky or survive a few volleys from this poo poo. A real gently caress you to the whole genre this game is.

gently caress your 10 Bear asses and your loving poo poo forest you goddam bandits. :Tanks and Helicopters roll in: Welcome to the poo poo because I AM THE CREAM. THE CREAM OF THE CROP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q

NOTHING MEANS NOTHING.

This is making me want to gently caress around in this game and I hate you for it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Current in game status

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Streaming some dungeon runs right meow.

http://www.twitch.tv/stanleypain007

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Like to be fair the game is absolutely a grindy Asian piece of poo poo when you get to higher levels, but lower on you can get in any one of a number of robots and just roll face for laughs. For free, it's easily a few days worth of enjoyment.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Played this for like 2 days back in open beta.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ShadowMoo posted:

Played this for like 2 days back in open beta.

I didn't.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ah, a new game by beloved company Snail! I'll play it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill try to work up the effort to login

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My character has steampunk underpants and a helicopter.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's a shame that snail made this. It's basically stolen everything from every MMO ever and added a few neat twists. If snail was a good developer (LMAO) this would be a solid MMO.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Like literally his gitch got a gear on it for no reason, nothing could be more steampunk.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

It's a shame that snail made this. It's basically stolen everything from every MMO ever and added a few neat twists. If snail was a good developer (LMAO) this would be a solid MMO.

I disagree. I think this would be a great satire on the MMO genre which it is currently because of the loving World of Tanks tearing apart the pve gameplay. Its a joke. I get it. It is funny.

If Snail was a good developer? Snail is a good developer. Their company ethics is what should be poo poo on. They made one of the very few pvp MMORPGs that focus on player interactions with other players over player versus environment. Age of Wushu is really one of a kind where very very few MMORPG games that let the player populations go hog wild. World of Warcraft has defined and poisoned the MMORPG pool where every dev is literally trying their hardest to either be or beat Warcraft. Maybe Snail is a bunch of morons for making stupid complicated wonky unappealing poo poo but I just want to play new different poo poo. Now let me talk about how much I loving love a real prison. Archeage was a joke to break out of compared to Snail Prison. Snail Prison hardens a man. Makes him bend to their will. Makes a man love the Snail. Embrace the Snail. Become the Snail.

I am the Snail. heee heee hooo hooo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drinkfist is legitimately an excellent poster

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
After using my steam-helicopter to assassinate a spy, I comforted her friend from my steam-helicopter, then got a treasure chest with a lvl 40 mount that is essentially this:

I am enjoying this game pretty unironically at this point

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I literally have a stable of Mechwarrior mechs that I get to use in more varied situations than anything since Mercenaries, so on that level the game is a smashing success.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Did someoen say carts? Time for carts!
CARTS

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lol god drat slave bot pulling a cart here

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Please don't hurt me master.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

lol@everything in this game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nice new av

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Eye of Widesauron posted:

If I keep playing until level 40 in any MMO just shoot me.

I'm going to get you to play wakfu to lvl 40. :mrgw:

Reggin and Rbattle you guys have sick tastes for bad games.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 31, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That is why we play gundam.

So this game is pretty dead, like really dead.

There was some exploit early on and then the hacking issues and fraud issues.

The battlegrounds where you can get into mech suits are pretty ok except it is normally like 12 v 2 when it can be 15 v 15

So stanely pain and I made characters on the other side since 4 people is enough to tip those battles.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I've played star wars emulations with a more active population

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This naming is problematic

So each race has its own starting area and poo poo gets weird. Navi turn into animals to run around some times.

The battle mounts that the navi get are mostly melee and just lol they fight nothing but range mechs

it is like the last of the mohicans up in here

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Al Borland posted:

I'm going to get you to play wakfu to lvl 40. :mrgw:

Reggin and Rbattle you guys have sick tastes for bad games.

I swear I like good games too. Just something about playing a real piece of poo poo puts it all into perspective.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Third World Reggin posted:

The battle mounts that the navi get are mostly melee and just lol they fight nothing but range mechs

it is like the last of the mohicans up in here

How could mechs stand any chance against the fearsome homos?

randombattle posted:

I swear I like good games too. Just something about playing a real piece of poo poo puts it all into perspective.

lol well gundam has been fixing its issues little by little at least.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
i really think that if this game had a larger population it would be really good for a while.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's kind of fun? Crafting is a pain in the rear end since you are clearly meant to be grinding mobs forever for crafting drops but the quests have been retooled to "kill one bear"

The server is pretty much dead, I support goons taking it over for a week or until people get bored

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What's the point of a bad MMO that doesn't even have an entrenched userbase to annoy?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Unguided posted:

What's the point of a bad MMO that doesn't even have an entrenched userbase to annoy?

Oh there's definitely those people. Just not a lot of them.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
e: Actually, that's about as far as a dead server goes.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 31, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Oh there's definitely those people. Just not a lot of them.

and i'm sure those people you'd realllllly be able to drive insaner than they already are.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah this isn't one of those "dead" MMOs. It's really loving dead. Probably 20 people playing it across both factions.

Wonder if the "new" server is more active. From what I've read from the official forums they merged a bunch of the old servers into one and created a new server. The problem with the old server is all the heavily exploited characters and such.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

Yeah this isn't one of those "dead" MMOs. It's really loving dead. Probably 20 people playing it across both factions.

Wonder if the "new" server is more active. From what I've read from the official forums they merged a bunch of the old servers into one and created a new server. The problem with the old server is all the heavily exploited characters and such.

letgomyAgo
Aug 6, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

This game is a big "What if the mmo setting took place with conventional warfare" kind of hosed up twist. All those loving mopes roaming about mindlessly in the woods never expected me to show up in a loving helicopter with cannons and missiles. They literally don't stand a loving chance. They can't even reach me in the sky or survive a few volleys from this poo poo. A real gently caress you to the whole genre this game is.

gently caress your 10 Bear asses and your loving poo poo forest you goddam bandits. :Tanks and Helicopters roll in: Welcome to the poo poo because I AM THE CREAM. THE CREAM OF THE CROP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q

NOTHING MEANS NOTHING.

Pastel turtle necks are loving glorious.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

This is pretty much THEGAME.GIF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The other side is this

• Locked thread